I’m more productive when I’m Busy

Simply floating through the day makes me less creative and less productive…In fact it is dangerous for me…(luckily not often!! )

What do you mean by busy.. Always running here and there, continuously answering to phone calls, not taking lunch..?

• I guess this is all because of your adrenaline effect ;). Or
  • Just to hide your laziness or fear of failure

clockBusyness is not a tool to hide your laziness or fear of failure. For me it makes me more productive.  And most importantly, my definition of busyness may be totally different from yours ;).

Socrates: “Beware the barrenness of a busy life.”  I do respect his words. But if you have enough headspace to manage your busyness, nothing can damage your brain. You have to be fully aware of the bottleneck in your brain. That’s it.  🙂

It is always heard that “Slow and steady wins the race”. I’m not going to question it. But I believe “Fast and steady wins the race”

There are many aspects which govern and control the fastness. As per my views, first and foremost thing is planning. If my day is planned, I could clearly feel that difference in my productivity. If each moment is planned (definitely not a static plan, but a dynamic one) and if we have a target time, the work is going to be completed quickly.

I would like to be busy always, making every second in my day engaged. And I really enjoy the life when it is fully busy. In fact I feel tired when there is nothing to be done. I can assure you that you will never feel bored if you allow yourself to plan your day. If the control is lost, you are lost and bored at times..

Still there may be occasions making us bored, then better go to your bed and have a sleep 😉

And the second important thing is parallel processing.  For me parallel processing is not doing many tasks at a time. As far as we have two hands only, multi-tasking is not easily possible (I won’t say it as impossible, as there may be super humans). And I’m quite sure interruptions in the form of multi-tasking makes us distracted only.

Suppose there are two urgent mails to be replied. Our normal tendency is to just start writing the letter taking one by one. And in the middle way only, it will be realized that there is missing information and the person who knows about it, is out of reachable now.  So either we fail in the task or happens a lot of que time.

So think parallel. Will there be que time..? How can I avoid the que time..? First of all just analyze both cases and ensure whether you have all the information to be drafted in the mails. If not, find and clear out the dependency factors immediately. Then go ahead…you are busy now, no que time..  🙂

One thought on “I’m more productive when I’m Busy

1. 2ndhalfolife

December 23, 2015 at 2:59pm

Having been unemployed has given me LOTS of down time. At first I was very bored since I’m usually a very busy and productive person. I like an ordered day. But then I get into the beat of a new sort of quieter routine. In the less busy of the new time, I found a new freedom and the ability to discover a new me. I could write more, meditate more easily and notice the beauty around me more profoundly. I am looking forward to going back to work and being ‘busy’, but this has been a beautiful gift!

December 23, 2015 at 3:02pm

Nice… Enjoy your free time..
      In fact it doesn’t matter whether we are employed or not. As you told when you are unemployed, you are getting new opportunities which made you busy..:)

2. jncthedc

December 23, 2015 at 5:24pm

I am a slow and steady personality. I find this gives me a chance to work a project with greater accuracy. Speed (for me) increases stress and results in the need to repeat actions multiple times. I think each of our constitutions are different. We must trend to a process that works best for our individual needs. Fast or Slow gets the job done. That is probably the most important result.

December 23, 2015 at 5:26pm

☺you are right. Fast or slow…it matters the ultimate results only.

3. Malenadu

December 23, 2015 at 5:48pm

Absolutely you can also test your limit only when you push yourself to the peak.

December 24, 2015 at 4:16am

You said it right.. nothing can limit us untill we think ourselves to be tired..

4. rabiyabutt

December 24, 2015 at 12:24am

I’m a student of medicine also doing job and give tuition to college students only 4 hours are available to me for sleep.instead of all these responsibilities i have a very childish attitude ,enjoy my life,also do poetry,blogging,and reading of historical books.sometimes people say that i’m not 19 years old my mind is much mature but i know the business of my life make my mind more productive

December 24, 2015 at 4:10am

oh.. you are really great.. happy to know more about you.. 🙂 enjoy your life with more and more fun…and definitely not forget to have a good sleep..

5. Swetha M

December 24, 2015 at 5:03am

Excellent post! We are so caught up with a million things that the only planning that we ever do is ‘getting through’ the day instead ‘how to’ get through the day! Lots of difference indeed!

December 24, 2015 at 7:49am

thanks Swetha for your thoughtful comment

December 24, 2015 at 7:48am

thank you for reading..Glad that you liked it..:) have a great day!!

6. burntoast

December 29, 2015 at 2:05pm

I agree, I definitely get more done when I’m busy. Something about how it wakes me up and makes me feel like I need to get things done or they’ll get lost in the craziness. I do like downtime but sometimes too much will make me bored and tired. Happy Holidays! :)–Lindsey V.

December 29, 2015 at 4:06pm

Glad to know your feel. Yeah, sometimes I too become lazy and then things go out of my control

7. thecucumbercity

January 1, 2016 at 11:08am

Love that. Am a person who always been productive when i was too damn busy. Someone loved to be always engaged. And honestly I hate multi-tasking, seems more productive and happy when am focused on only one thing. Great write up Thanks 🙂

January 3, 2016 at 3:37pm

☺so happy that you liked it..have a great new year with full of engagements

8. honestme363

January 2, 2016 at 5:36pm

I too find that I am more productive when I am busy. If there is no set plan (set being applied loosely) then my day tends to get away from me, doing this and that but not accomplishing much.

January 3, 2016 at 3:34pm

Yeah very true.. happy to see similar minds

9. Hemangini

January 17, 2016 at 2:51pm

I don’t follow a plan for my days but I am ted busy in my life right now and I must say i perform nicely right now still I can do a lot more and I am striving for it. 🙂 wonderful take about productivity and busyness… I liked your views and I loved that you quote Socrates!

10. Rangelz

February 5, 2016 at 9:27am

Same here. Specially in case of writing, I get more written work done and more ideas when I am busy 🙂

February 6, 2016 at 4:05am

that’s truly wonderful..thanks for your kind words..

11. myheartbeats4ublog

June 15, 2016 at 2:28pm

so true..totally agree! multi-task your mind…it has such huge potential, and is more often than not, underutilized!! And yes, if one is un/under-employed, it is best to go to sleep!