Atoms- The building blocks

atoms

May I open my eyes to a secret which always puzzle me?

Atoms – they are the basis of this wonderful universe. It is said that there are millions and millions of atoms in our body. Once they combine and work together ‘you’ become ‘you’ and ’I’ become ‘I’.  But unfortunately none of these atoms are aware of their existence.

Just think..  It does not have a life; it does not have a mind. Still they all work for a common purpose to make us alive. (We need to learn about the process of coordination from the atoms in our body)

In fact when that coordination is lost the individual is dead or starts to die.

Oh!! Now I start to admire Chemistry. What an awesome subject it is! In my school days I never realized that the whole universe is built upon that noble subject. (If I had known then, I would have created some wonders in my records ;), just kidding) .

How many cells are there in the tip of my finger while I am typing this post? How many atoms will there be in those cells? Lakhs and Lakhs.  But it is so sad that none of those atoms know who I am..

One thought on “Atoms- The building blocks

1. jncthedc

January 14, 2016 at 2:55pm

I believe there is an intelligence. I call it an innate intelligence. It doesn’t work on a cognitive level. It works in harmony with the universe. It is a necessary intelligence because it is required for the world to exist. I am reading a book that demonstrates each of us has 3 brains. Cognitive (traditional brain), enteric (gut brain) and heart (emotional brain). There is a neural system in each of these regions demonstrating the physiological existence of each “brain.” The book then demonstrates how imbalances in the communication among these brains leads to all types of physical and emotional disorders. We are so much more complicated than we realize.

January 14, 2016 at 4:00pm

True. .it’s pretty complicated. Could you please share the name of that book

• jncthedc

January 14, 2016 at 10:46pm

Of course. It’s called mBRAINING Using Your Multiple Brains To Do Cool Stuff There are many technical components, but the author helps you skip over it if you don’t have the technical background.

January 15, 2016 at 6:09am

thank you.. i would like to go through the same..

2. Joseph

January 14, 2016 at 3:10pm

And indeed the quest goes even deeper, to the sub atomic and then the strings if you are a believer. It is funny the idea of a living thing not having consciousness; I guess that is a testament to how wonderful our brains really are

January 14, 2016 at 3:58pm

Absolutely true Joseph. In fact it’s out of my imagination. When I start thinking about this, I really become fully confused

3. shreyakhetan

January 14, 2016 at 3:15pm

Haha. I never thought about atoms this way before. Its sad that they’re unaware of their worth 😛

4. Taruna

January 14, 2016 at 3:16pm

That you have recognized the wonder of the atom and can see that the wonder in you is one and the same, then that is good enough for the atom… Mutual admiration and respect as through your writing is acknowledgement supreme!

January 14, 2016 at 3:54pm

Thank you so much taruna. I am so glad with your comment.

January 15, 2016 at 6:22am

thank you..I truly thank your complement. But I know I have to experiment more 😉

5. Amrita

January 14, 2016 at 5:02pm

Hmm interesting! 😀

January 15, 2016 at 6:21am

thanks Amrita. I am glad that you found it interesting..

6. Hemangini

January 14, 2016 at 6:20pm

You are the atom in the universe full of atoms…. It’s complicated trying to relate to each one or thinking about the deep level of the atomic construction…. I found your post thoughtful but confusing…. If you may, find out more and write another post maybe?? Your writing is beautiful and it has excited my mind for more on this topic…

January 15, 2016 at 6:20am

thank you..yes.. need to study more..need to explore more.. thanks for motivating me …

7. Swetha M

January 14, 2016 at 8:11pm

Oh atoms are very much alive and conscious. Yes you heard me right, they have consciousness! Of course not as complicated as ours but nevertheless they do. How else would they know to assemble themselves in complex manner in order to make up the diversity we see on our earth. They are very very much conscious 🙂

January 15, 2016 at 6:17am

:).. I can’t say like I won’t agree with you..but i am confused…I do like to believe that these atoms are conscious, but something puzzles me..

• Swetha M

January 15, 2016 at 6:50am

Maybe I’ll do a post on this one day, I’d hate to cramp your comment space ;D

8. 2ndhalfolife

January 14, 2016 at 9:36pm

Another interesting thing I always found fascinating is that we are not really solid…nothing is for that matter. All the atoms together really do not create something that is actually a solid thing, yet we have the sensation that it is… So we are all really just like magic is some ways…held together by energy. Just a mirage. 🙂

January 15, 2016 at 6:10am

yes..we are held together by some unknown forces, probably the same thing which unite the universe..

9. Nisthur Anadi

January 15, 2016 at 9:10am

Every day I became more aware of my existence . When I look around every body already knew what is new to me.
    Yesterday I learned about atom, Today I saw awesome post on it. !!

January 15, 2016 at 11:50am

Oh..that’s a wonderful coincidence. ..thank you friend

10. Ameena k.g

January 15, 2016 at 12:06pm

What a coincide, this is the same topics I had a lecture on in my environmental class yesterday- Atoms. It’s amazing all the miniature things that make up our body.

January 15, 2016 at 4:18pm

It’s a wonderful coincidence. .in fact I had drafted this post months back and it was yesterday only, I could post it..

11. Darshith Badiyani

January 15, 2016 at 12:46pm

Lovely post 🙂 Each ‘atom’ don’t know the existence of ‘us’ but we know the work they do. Similarly, the masons built Taj Mahal but the credits goes to Shah Jahan 😀 It’s good that you have started to appreciate the workers and hopefully we can do the same 😉

January 15, 2016 at 3:47pm

Oh..darshith that’s a lovely complement. .we can appreciate the workers. .but I expect an acknowledgement from them,that’s what making me confused

• Darshith Badiyani

January 17, 2016 at 7:19am

Getting an acknowledgement from atoms is difficult 😉 In a working environment, the managers appreciate the employees but not vice versa. Similar is the case with us 😉

12. Lalkrishna Sarkar

January 15, 2016 at 4:22pm

Really deep thought. 🙂 Happy to find such good thoughts here. Have you ever thought of metaphysics? That ‘you’, ‘I’ and all other particles and people came from the same atom? How about that we are not aware of it?

January 15, 2016 at 4:28pm

Yeah we are not aware..and rarely we think in such an angle. Are you studying metaphysics

• Lalkrishna Sarkar

January 15, 2016 at 4:43pm

No I learnt literature and philosophy. I think every science give spark to some philosophy.

January 15, 2016 at 4:45pm

Agree with you. Philosophy lies every here and there

13. ANM7

January 15, 2016 at 8:02pm

The knowing is yours, in inhabiting, in “being”

January 16, 2016 at 8:58am

Yeah.. we ourselves need to be aware of the self

14. davekingsbury

January 15, 2016 at 10:11pm

We seem to be more than the sum of our parts. Could humanity be more together than as separate individuals, I wonder?

January 16, 2016 at 8:56am

That’s a different thought. I liked it..yes, if we could be together, the world is going to be more beautiful

January 16, 2016 at 3:04pm

Thank you sourav. . I am glad that you liked it

January 19, 2016 at 4:33pm

Thank you friend. I am glad that you enjoyed it

15. dvaal

January 20, 2016 at 10:12pm

You may have come upon something brilliant. I can see new science studies emerging upon your theory. If they become aware of their existence we may learn how to get them communicating. Ah, you are on to something. Present it to the science board and get some backing -then science will go forth.

Great post! The older I get, the more I love science. Intriguing how the body and mind work together. I sure hope my atoms don’t start dying soon.

January 21, 2016 at 5:06am

my goodness. it’s such a great complement.. And I am pretty happy that you understood my thoughts.

• dvaal

January 21, 2016 at 2:04pm

Awww. I was right there with you -but then I felt you made it easy to see.

16. kalyansparks

March 11, 2017 at 2:09pm

It’s better not to be known about you for your atoms,because they may fall in love with you and flirt with you..

March 11, 2017 at 2:38pm

You never know…but never trust anyone completely including me…