Atoms- The building blocks

By | January 14, 2016

atoms

May I open my eyes to a secret which always puzzle me?

Atoms – they are the basis of this wonderful universe. It is said that there are millions and millions of atoms in our body. Once they combine and work together ‘you’ become ‘you’ and ’I’ become ‘I’.  But unfortunately none of these atoms are aware of their existence.

Just think..  It does not have a life; it does not have a mind. Still they all work for a common purpose to make us alive. (We need to learn about the process of coordination from the atoms in our body)

In fact when that coordination is lost the individual is dead or starts to die.

Oh!! Now I start to admire Chemistry. What an awesome subject it is! In my school days I never realized that the whole universe is built upon that noble subject. (If I had known then, I would have created some wonders in my records ;), just kidding) .

How many cells are there in the tip of my finger while I am typing this post? How many atoms will there be in those cells? Lakhs and Lakhs.  But it is so sad that none of those atoms know who I am..

0 thoughts on “Atoms- The building blocks

1. jncthedc

I believe there is an intelligence. I call it an innate intelligence. It doesn’t work on a cognitive level. It works in harmony with the universe. It is a necessary intelligence because it is required for the world to exist. I am reading a book that demonstrates each of us has 3 brains. Cognitive (traditional brain), enteric (gut brain) and heart (emotional brain). There is a neural system in each of these regions demonstrating the physiological existence of each “brain.” The book then demonstrates how imbalances in the communication among these brains leads to all types of physical and emotional disorders. We are so much more complicated than we realize.

True. .it’s pretty complicated. Could you please share the name of that book

1. jncthedc

Of course. It’s called mBRAINING Using Your Multiple Brains To Do Cool Stuff There are many technical components, but the author helps you skip over it if you don’t have the technical background.

2. Joseph

And indeed the quest goes even deeper, to the sub atomic and then the strings if you are a believer. It is funny the idea of a living thing not having consciousness; I guess that is a testament to how wonderful our brains really are

Absolutely true Joseph. In fact it’s out of my imagination. When I start thinking about this, I really become fully confused

3. Taruna

That you have recognized the wonder of the atom and can see that the wonder in you is one and the same, then that is good enough for the atom… Mutual admiration and respect as through your writing is acknowledgement supreme!

thank you..I truly thank your complement. But I know I have to experiment more 😉

4. Hemangini

You are the atom in the universe full of atoms…. It’s complicated trying to relate to each one or thinking about the deep level of the atomic construction…. I found your post thoughtful but confusing…. If you may, find out more and write another post maybe?? Your writing is beautiful and it has excited my mind for more on this topic…

thank you..yes.. need to study more..need to explore more.. thanks for motivating me …

5. Swetha M

Oh atoms are very much alive and conscious. Yes you heard me right, they have consciousness! Of course not as complicated as ours but nevertheless they do. How else would they know to assemble themselves in complex manner in order to make up the diversity we see on our earth. They are very very much conscious 🙂

:).. I can’t say like I won’t agree with you..but i am confused…I do like to believe that these atoms are conscious, but something puzzles me..

6. 2ndhalfolife

Another interesting thing I always found fascinating is that we are not really solid…nothing is for that matter. All the atoms together really do not create something that is actually a solid thing, yet we have the sensation that it is… So we are all really just like magic is some ways…held together by energy. Just a mirage. 🙂

yes..we are held together by some unknown forces, probably the same thing which unite the universe..

7. Nisthur Anadi

Every day I became more aware of my existence . When I look around every body already knew what is new to me.
    Yesterday I learned about atom, Today I saw awesome post on it. !!

8. Ameena k.g

What a coincide, this is the same topics I had a lecture on in my environmental class yesterday- Atoms. It’s amazing all the miniature things that make up our body.

It’s a wonderful coincidence. .in fact I had drafted this post months back and it was yesterday only, I could post it..

9. Darshith Badiyani

Lovely post 🙂 Each ‘atom’ don’t know the existence of ‘us’ but we know the work they do. Similarly, the masons built Taj Mahal but the credits goes to Shah Jahan 😀 It’s good that you have started to appreciate the workers and hopefully we can do the same 😉

Oh..darshith that’s a lovely complement. .we can appreciate the workers. .but I expect an acknowledgement from them,that’s what making me confused

1. Darshith Badiyani

Getting an acknowledgement from atoms is difficult 😉 In a working environment, the managers appreciate the employees but not vice versa. Similar is the case with us 😉

10. Lalkrishna Sarkar

Really deep thought. 🙂 Happy to find such good thoughts here. Have you ever thought of metaphysics? That ‘you’, ‘I’ and all other particles and people came from the same atom? How about that we are not aware of it?

Yeah we are not aware..and rarely we think in such an angle. Are you studying metaphysics

11. davekingsbury

We seem to be more than the sum of our parts. Could humanity be more together than as separate individuals, I wonder?

That’s a different thought. I liked it..yes, if we could be together, the world is going to be more beautiful

12. dvaal

You may have come upon something brilliant. I can see new science studies emerging upon your theory. If they become aware of their existence we may learn how to get them communicating. Ah, you are on to something. Present it to the science board and get some backing -then science will go forth.

Great post! The older I get, the more I love science. Intriguing how the body and mind work together. I sure hope my atoms don’t start dying soon.

my goodness. it’s such a great complement.. And I am pretty happy that you understood my thoughts.

13. kalyansparks

It’s better not to be known about you for your atoms,because they may fall in love with you and flirt with you..