Don’t think me rude as I made it an award free blog..

I would like to let you know that I am making my blog an award free one.

award free

I really enjoy getting these wards. I was very much excited to receive my first award. Many of you have nominated me for a lot many interesting awards. I am really thankful and truly appreciate your time taken to let me know that you like and enjoy my blog. I have acknowledged those awards in the best possible way till the last month.

But now there are a few award posts pending in my list. Recently I was unable to respond to them due to a number of reasons including time constraints.

I do appreciate the nominations, and I do wish to share it to other cool bloggers too. But now I don’t really have the time to do the awards justice. I will look for other ways to try and give blog love around– visiting your blog and leaving comments that are thoughtful, and linking up to cool posts etc.

Just know that my reward is through you being here, enjoying my work, leaving your comments and being a part of my life. That is the best reward which I could ever have.

I’ve been very up and down with my thoughts on awards. So I have finally made a decision on this and My blog is now an Award Free Blog.

Please do not think me rude. I hope you understand and thank you for your support, kindness and bloggy friendship.

The author is a Quality Analyst by experience. Part Quantitative data analyst, part consultant for quality and information security practices, part software tester, she is a writer by passion and blogs at https://wordsandnotion.com and https://qualitynotion.com/.

One thought on “Don’t think me rude as I made it an award free blog..

1. Dziey

January 30, 2016 at 5:03pm

Don’t worry about it! They can be stressful! 🙂

2. Swetha M

January 30, 2016 at 5:10pm

I think Ill re-blog this in a bit! Not that I am showered with awards, I am just lazy as hell!

3. chape

January 30, 2016 at 6:24pm

Dear Akhila
    You are too sweet to be rude!!!
    We all support you 🙂
    Big hug, David

January 31, 2016 at 8:06am

David…it’s you who made me to grab my first award.
      How happy I was to receive it from you. And you had opened my door to the award world. And now your support means a lot in making my blog an award free one. Thank you so much

• chape

January 31, 2016 at 9:16am

I´m very VERY very honored!!!
        My support goes beyond the awards, dear Akhila 🙂
        Love, light and tons of hugs 😉

4. theonlysup

January 30, 2016 at 8:45pm

Akhila. Awards ,non awards whatever but love to read your posts

January 31, 2016 at 7:58am

Thank you so much. Your words means a lot

5. jncthedc

January 31, 2016 at 5:45am

I completely understand. I have experienced a feeling of imposition passing these awards along and do not participate either. I greatly appreciate the thought, but I care too much about fellow bloggers to potentially create work on top of their blogging efforts.

January 31, 2016 at 7:57am

Thanks a ton for your understanding words.

January 31, 2016 at 7:56am

Thank you. I am glad that you are supporting me.

6. davekingsbury

January 31, 2016 at 6:17pm

I like this so much I am awarding you the Award-Free Blog Award … only kidding, you do it for love of writing like me … keep up the good work!

February 1, 2016 at 3:44am

tons of thanks for your understanding..
      So I am lucky to grab the first award- free blog award.. 😉

7. Pratyusha

January 31, 2016 at 7:32pm

Awesome Idea Akhila !! I have been going through the same. Really left with no time to revert on the awards. Myself left with many pending ones. 😛

And as you rightly pointed out. It’s about the people visiting your posts and enjoying them. Great job Akhila 🙂

February 1, 2016 at 3:42am

you said it right reading my mind. Awards are a indeed a great motivation, but if we can’t give justice to it, better make it an award free blog. And definitely the pleasure I am getting while reading a comment is much much valuable..

8. jacquelineobyikocha

February 1, 2016 at 9:41am

It’s totally understood because the honest truth as that it takes up so much of one’s time to respond to. For now, I have decided to do one long award post every quarter until I decide what exactly I want to do about it. Well done and I don’t think anyone should think another rude for decided not to receive awards.

9. freespirit

February 1, 2016 at 2:07pm

Awards are so time consumming i am glad i dont do them any more eaither.

February 1, 2016 at 3:07pm

Thank you for your consideration and kind words

10. Saloni

February 4, 2016 at 4:47am

I was about to tag you for the Sunshine Blogger Award. 🙂
    But it makes sense because you are such an amazing blogger yourself. You deserve all these awards! Keep visiting 😀 I love your comments.

February 4, 2016 at 6:12am

I am so thankful to you..as you thought about me.
      have a good day my friend..:)

11. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder

February 5, 2016 at 11:18pm

This is not at all rude, Akhila. I can absolutely relate to your feelings. So many blog-buddies have passed me awards and I really feel overwhelmed when they do so. It makes me happy, but it’s due to real constraint of time that I fail each time to accept the awards through a post. It’s better to declare the blog award-free. Think I’ll do the same… 🙂

February 6, 2016 at 3:53am

thank you for your understanding. In fact many thoughts ruled me when I made it an award free, including time constraints.

12. 2ndhalfolife

February 7, 2016 at 2:12am

I gave up the awards a long time ago! At first I was honored until I realized it was just too time consuming. They are cute, but really nothing more than a pyramid type thing that keeps wordpress looking like it’s giving out something. I just tell someone when they have a great blog instead or comment on it. That’s a way to honor their blog in a better way!!

February 7, 2016 at 5:31am

true it is.. the comments are the best rewards. :

13. Ebby Lane

February 16, 2016 at 10:43am

I don’t think it’s rude at all. I completely understand. It is quite time consuming and I agree, there are other ways to share the blog love.

February 16, 2016 at 4:06pm

Very true. Just like you commented here…there are many ways to share blog love

14. burntoast

February 28, 2016 at 2:35pm

They are stressful! I feel I barely have time to write on my blog much less do the awards. I think visiting other blogs and leaving thoughtful comments is plenty of an award! 🙂 Take care and Best of Wishes–Lindsey V.

February 28, 2016 at 3:25pm

Thanks a ton for your understanding. As you said comments are much precious

15. Megha Agrawal

May 8, 2016 at 5:35pm

It takes courage to declare so and you did it wonderfully with your words. Its my first visit on your blog and loving everything around it.