Am I losing the innocence?

Are you able to control instant pulse generated?

pulse

Heard something interesting over TV, while you were reading. Can you continue reading without looking at TV?

These are two instances. If one can have a pause in between these two, he/she can decide her next action, whether to look at TV or continue reading or something else.

Our usual reaction will be to look at TV. May be after some time only, we will be realizing that we were distracted from reading, by our instant pulse.

May be, that is our innocent reaction to watch TV.

May be, that is our lively response.

Now, isn’t it a bit rude upon ourselves, if we are controlling those instant pulse?

So I doubt, if I am losing that innocence.. I doubt if I am not lively..; )

In fact, that controlling is not at all my cautious decision, which happens naturally with 80 % of my actions. TV the simplest of them

Or is it like I am getting saturated?

Or am I going to be a saint..  ; )

One thought on “Am I losing the innocence?

1. Sakthi

April 8, 2016 at 5:31am

Our interests towards certain liking distract us! You can be saint when you know who you are!

April 8, 2016 at 5:33am

and how will you think ourself, when that liking can’t distract you?

• Sakthi

April 8, 2016 at 5:35am

You have to! When you think and keep yourself happy and you can easily make the surroundings happy! So it’s better to start from us! If you have more self control, nothing can distract you to a certain point! Most saints live in the forest to avoid distractions!

• Sakthi

April 8, 2016 at 5:49am

okay 🙂 Be aware of animals until you get used to them in the forest! I guess you have many forest in your state so you can easily chose one!

April 8, 2016 at 5:51am

ha ha..may be i have to turn a part of my home itself.

• Sakthi

April 8, 2016 at 5:53am

Maybe you can built it there and you can a live a peaceful life!

2. Gama

April 8, 2016 at 6:17am

These all technologies have disturbed our peace. By using less we can overcome this. Good post

April 8, 2016 at 6:19am

Thanks you Gama. have a good day..
      But my problem is i am not getting distracted..;)

• Gama

April 8, 2016 at 6:20am

In reality it’s not gone happen we all have been addicted.

3. Gama

April 8, 2016 at 6:18am

But in reality it’s not gonging to happen. We all have been addicted

4. Amitav Chowdhury

April 8, 2016 at 6:21am

TV frequency and brain frequency are in complete contrast and most often meddles with our mind. So, I guess we have to shut off our mind to the outside stimuli or shut off the TV for good. 🙂

April 8, 2016 at 6:24am

ha.. great …how will you react if we are in a situation that we can’t shut it off either

• Amitav Chowdhury

April 8, 2016 at 6:27am

Then we wouldn’t be doing justice to both. Mind will be wavering from a lower to higher frequency at random and we would not register anything in the long term memory.

6. Antra

April 8, 2016 at 8:40am

That was soo well put up….forces one to think…trust me…it does ❤

April 8, 2016 at 9:18am

Oh really…
      thank you ..
      So what are you thinking now..;)

7. Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet

April 8, 2016 at 8:41am

TV is too distracting. It also stimulates so reduces relaxation.
    I prefer quiet when I need to concentrate, doubt if there will ever be any beatification in my house though….

April 8, 2016 at 9:18am

thank you.. yes, we need to be out of those distracts an concentrate.

April 8, 2016 at 11:33am

thank you. Have a nice day. But my concern is THAT TV is not distracting me he he.

• davekingsbury

April 8, 2016 at 12:03pm

Your powers of concentration are to be commended … either that, or it’s a very good book!

April 8, 2016 at 4:37pm

I didn’t mean I was concentrated, I could hear the TV too, but I donno why I didn’t look at TV. and the TV case is one of the examples only

• davekingsbury

April 8, 2016 at 4:43pm

Perhaps the pictures in your mind from reading were enough …

• davekingsbury

April 8, 2016 at 10:36pm

… in which case, sainthood beckons! We are all saturated with the global TV culture … if culture is the right word. We need to keep our simple selves alive. End of sermon. What’s on TV?

April 9, 2016 at 7:27am

on tv.. infact, it seems to be forgotten..

8. dhirajanand

April 8, 2016 at 12:42pm

It simply means your conscious mind is too heavy and dominant over the sub conscious one and I don’t see any harm with it. Probably you would be getting very less or no dreams at all.

April 8, 2016 at 4:31pm

Hmm..may be.
      dreams, not very often, but recurring dreams.

9. Shalini

April 8, 2016 at 1:17pm

What a correct time of your post, i was getting distracted from my studies as I’ve my exams soon. Okay, i am still innocent 😛

10. നാരായണി

April 8, 2016 at 6:29pm

hehe.. interesting write up … 🙂 and i think you are not loosing your innocence , i don’t go for tv while i’m reading or doing something which is interesting to me, but i’ll ask the person who is watching the tv ( incase of my amma, incase of achan i’ll go googling about it ) after reading or what it is 🙂

11. nonchalantutterings

April 12, 2016 at 12:39pm

Interesting post . This reminds me of something my teacher told me long back.”If you are doing something and you hear something on television.If you leave everythin you are doing and rush to watch the tv,.your interest lies there.In case you forget the existence of your tv or mobile or any other gadgets..and continue with your work..then that is something more important to you than tv. 😀 confusuing? I still haven’t figured it out yet..as to what is more imp to me..reading or television? 😀

April 12, 2016 at 12:45pm

your teacher had a word in favor of me..:)
      But my doubt was, since we all being human, we have a natural tendency to look at TV, right.. Tv or any thing else which could catch our attention. but what will it be defined if one’s conscious mind is ruling the subconscious mind of senses..? Is that okay .. Will that be a social behavior?

• nonchalantutterings

April 12, 2016 at 12:52pm

yeah I understand what you are trying to say.But in my case I don’t always get distracted by the tv if i’m doing something which really interests me..for example if I’m writing a poem or an article .As to your question..i think its natural for people to get distracted.But I don’t think our conscious can rule our unconscious.When you are distracted to the television,its your subconscious mind causing the distraction.Your conscious is telling you to continue what you are doing.That’s why there is an initial reluctance and confusion as to whether one should watch tv or continue wd the job at hand.And soon when your conscious also agrees with your subconscious you get up and rush to watch the tv.( This is purely my interpretation.Don’t blame Freud for this.or even Lacan.though I have read them both. 😀 )

12. nonchalantutterings

April 13, 2016 at 5:33am

Haha 😀 Well then I don’t know..Freud would have helped u out if he was alive .but sadly he s no more.:P But I have heard there are many psychoanalysts in France even today. Get in touch with one of them 😀

13. kalyansparks

March 11, 2017 at 11:34am

Actually Saints don’t bother those comments,they just smile and easily get detached..soo now you can scream loud that you are not saint..