Just a Question..

A question to all working home makers…

” If you get a chance to take a break from your household work or office work, definitely not both together.. which will you prefer..? ”

Be genuine to your mind..

The post will be continued..

One thought on “Just a Question..

1. anjalimeow

June 10, 2016 at 10:26am

I’ll go with office work.. as house hold work can be fun to do with loud music and liquor unlike office work 😛 😀

June 10, 2016 at 10:27am

ha.. I enjoyed your reply .. I know it is a genuine reply.. thanks Anjali

2. mySestina

June 10, 2016 at 10:38am

You know Akhila, your posts are thought provoking!! I have worked earlier in my life and being a hectic one, i wanted to stay home… now that i am staying home, i am tired of being here too much and hence, wanna go back to work.. funny but in a way very sad…

June 10, 2016 at 10:42am

Yes zygs.. I can fully understand your emotions, being in the same stand..I am not commenting more as you can read me too..

• Shalini

June 10, 2016 at 1:00pm

True that.. Human hardly able to be happy in any state for long. Sad 🙁

• Pratyusha

June 11, 2016 at 10:25pm

Hello gal. Quite thought provoking. Hehe he. I would like to have a balance. I realised when I sit at home for a longer time, I go crazy. Lol. A job which is 9 to 5 ideally, but practically impossible. And doing household work post that makes it annoyingly stressful. Hence, work from Monday to Friday. Fulfil all your passions and dreams. On the weekends, chill a lot, spend time with family and friends. Involve in cooking or plan for outings. Manage to keep a maid for the weekdays. That’s how I think it should be for me. 😛 😛

June 12, 2016 at 12:55pm

ha .. yeah…. this is an ideal reply.. an ideal thing which every one wish for..

June 12, 2016 at 1:00pm

yes..lucky who is fortunate enough to enter in this ideal world..

3. elaine

June 10, 2016 at 11:00am

i would like to try both in an alternative mode 😀 since i can’t think of staying away from my research life as it demands 24 x 7 presence of me…at the same time i would like to escape :p from work and be at home in an hibernating mode to get myself recharged 🙂

June 10, 2016 at 11:03am

hmm.. still you are treating your home as a hibernating mode..well..it means your preference will mostly go to work and some occasional break in between as every one wish..am I right.?

• elaine

June 10, 2016 at 11:07am

yes…during my hibernation…i would love to spent time with everything related to home…whether its cooking…cleaning…music…movie…art…reading … anything but will stay in home… 🙂 in fact being active at home is my way of forgetting work 😉

4. theonlysup

June 10, 2016 at 12:00pm

I see a mixed opinion here.and should be. We have lot of career oriented women who are doing so good in their office and we also have excellent home maker who are doing exceptionally well. And women and naturally gifted with a talent of multitasking . so unless they enjoy both they would want to take a break from either of them for a while… Nice question btw

June 10, 2016 at 12:02pm

thanks friend.. I have a question here, but wait.. I will post it in my next post as I wish to take others view also..

5. Sunith

June 10, 2016 at 12:03pm

It is a looping answer Akhila. when we work, we feel to take a vacation and remind ourselves of the joys of being at home, but after a prolonged period basking, you again look for work, that is, I guess human nature. I also feel, work is what makes us happy because without work, would we be truly happy?

June 10, 2016 at 4:29pm

yes Sunith i can understand..but even when you prefer to be at home, i suppose you are not the home maker..

June 10, 2016 at 3:39pm

thanks Daisy..and may I know why do you wish for a break from housework.?

6. Shalini

June 10, 2016 at 12:59pm

Am not working right now but I’ve worked for 2 years in past and trust me household work need a break it’s just like never ending vicious circle. You can always have fun at work 🙂

7. Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet

June 10, 2016 at 1:41pm

I think it depends on how I feel at the time. Usually it is away from my household chores sat in front of a computer (I have a cleaner and am a tidy person so my house looks after itself…) But sometimes if I have been overdoing it I shall most definitely enjoy a break from my work…..

June 10, 2016 at 3:33pm

well..wait for my next post which will answer to your question..

9. pins & ashes

June 10, 2016 at 4:13pm

If I shut out my internet and my phone that itself is a break. Whenever I take off, I take off from both 🙂 if only one, the option does not come.. 🙂

11. fairykumar

June 10, 2016 at 4:34pm

It can be both simultaneously! (Though I don’t have an experience!)

June 10, 2016 at 4:39pm

not any options to take a break from both responsibilities simultaneously. my question was if you get a chance to take a break from either one, definitely not both, which will be preferred..?
      thanks fairy

June 11, 2016 at 11:10am

yeah.. you have to be excluded from my question…i should have kept some age limits in my question..lol

13. Krishna Prasad

June 12, 2016 at 1:13am

My home(?) is my office. whenever I feel like I relax and do nothing… not even reading. Switched off completely. Since necessity maketh a man… I enjoy my own cooking… if time permits. Magazine work is like that, can’t help.

June 12, 2016 at 12:59pm

Thank you so much Krishna for being here and commenting on my post..
      And , yes.. it is very good way of relaxing..a complete break from outer world..

15. Mr. Housewife | Words and Notion

June 12, 2016 at 2:10pm

[…] fact which had attracted me based on yesterday’s response (please check the post Just a Question..) was that ‘many of you suggested to have a break from home making Or you want a break from both […]