How easily you grabbed my time..

I always worried seeing people buried themselves in their mobile phones or laptop the whole day. I believed never could I understand their thoughts which makes themselves so much addicted to this virtual world.

But this wordpress taught me a great lesson… The lesson which I could never ever study from facebook or what’s app or any other social media.

I could see how much I got involved in this blogging word- reading, commenting, posting…. How easily it grabbed my time for the past few weeks…

Yes, it’s time to apply some controlling torque…otherwise my routine tasks will be punishing me especially in the morning halves. Let me ensure that I wont be logging into wordpress in the morning half of my days. Let me make scheduled posts so that wordpress will work for me even in my absence.

Friends.. what is your plan..Have you already drawn a line..? Or are you a crazy social media follower..?

One thought on “How easily you grabbed my time..

1. Sakthi

June 22, 2016 at 9:29am

It depends! whenever we feel bored or not occupied, we can priority to social media or else it should be considered least!

2. Gastradamus

June 22, 2016 at 9:59am

I understand what you mean. WordPress is addicting and now your one of those people always on there phone. I’d really like your feedback on my new gem, *blue jasmine*. Its getting really good reviews so far, and if you could read it and comment that would be excellent. Keep on writinf

3. mySestina

June 22, 2016 at 10:09am

You know Akhila, i also realized the same thing.. now i just schedule my posts and let the technology take care of my uploads.. it really saves a lot of time..

June 22, 2016 at 1:16pm

Thanks zygs.. I am so glad that we are going in the same lines.. yes, let the technology work for us..

4. Nadine

June 22, 2016 at 10:38am

I deleted my fb years ago, and I don’t have instagram or snapchat.
    I only have my wordpress page, I login in it when I have a free time

5. pins & ashes

June 22, 2016 at 11:13am

Let till you hit the block 😀 then you’ll angst over why I am not able to write 😉

6. radhikasreflection

June 22, 2016 at 11:18am

I agree, social media is eroding into our space and time. Guess we should be able to draw a line regarding the time we spend on it.

June 22, 2016 at 1:14pm

yes.. exactly that is my point.. no one else could remind us about the same, except our own mind.. thanks Radhika..

June 22, 2016 at 1:12pm

true.. but can you leave without commenting while noticing some interesting posts..and by that time, the next post arrives..or someone commented on our own post..and the loop is continued..isn’t it..?

June 22, 2016 at 1:17pm

yeah.. we need to draw some lines at any cost..

9. AkshayOffical

June 22, 2016 at 10:30pm

Thats true. I was addicted towards fb n whatsapp. But now i done change in myself, now i started reading new good books and blogging. As here i got to know new good thoughts as well as idea. I get inspiration. By the way it depends on person to person what things have to take.

I would like to share one of my motivitional line with you
    “middle class people have big set of TV’s and successful person have big library” 😉

Thanks,
    Akshay

June 22, 2016 at 10:34pm

that was indeed a nice quote Akshay..made me think..

June 22, 2016 at 10:37pm

yes, reading is a good option ..as you said it vary from people to people..I donno how I got this much addicted to wordpress and now struggling to make myself freed ..But I will..

• AkshayOffical

June 22, 2016 at 10:47pm

Yes buddy you will. See I also reduce my entertainment time. Like watching too much TV also waste of time.

As per my concern if u want to come on TV then 1st you have to stop watching it. You can take example of many successful persons and actor-actress we dont know weather they have to time TV serials on not. Well believe in hard work automatically your dreams will come true…;)

10. Shivangi

June 22, 2016 at 10:30pm

I use wordpress in between chores… And blog once in a week. But it is time taking nonetheless, I try my best not to be an addict. But I must say that it is a wonderful distraction from routine existence.

June 22, 2016 at 10:32pm

thanks shivangi..yes.. it is a wonderful distraction.. good as long it is not harmful

11. Megha Agrawal

June 22, 2016 at 10:55pm

Time is precious we need to use it carefully…I try to limit my time on social media as we end up spending more than we intend to..

June 23, 2016 at 3:11pm

you are right megha. we end up spending more that we planned.. and as you said correctly, when we realize the value of precious time, we will have our own control..

12. Sunith

June 23, 2016 at 12:08am

Mine is in the afternoons or evenings after work or during weekends…wordpress is habit forming, but ofcourse a good habit to have…

June 23, 2016 at 3:09pm

yes, wordpress is habit forming…and your words reflects your control over your habit and that is the most essential..

13. 2ndhalfolife

June 23, 2016 at 3:40am

I personally cannot stand FB and felt it was a waste of my time, but I do spend a lot of time on my blog. I feel it is very creative and I meet a lot of interesting and creative people from all over the world (like you) with wonderful things to say. They are ‘regulars’ to my blog, and I to theirs, so I feel like we’re friends. It’s lovely. The only other thing I have is Instagram, but it takes up little time. I only post some pictures, and it takes no time at all. And I follow some folks too.

June 23, 2016 at 3:04pm

thanks.. your words reflects that you are totally under control.. it is definitely a great thing..

14. Shalini

June 23, 2016 at 8:36am

You’re on right track Akhila. So ial media A/cs really sucks at times. Am too yet to use this schedule feature. Good planning 😉

June 23, 2016 at 3:02pm

Thanks dear.. in fact there may be many more techniques to save our time.. we need to explore..

15. extinct0703

June 23, 2016 at 1:07pm

Used to be an addict, learnt the hard way. Now I prioritise, write very less and read whenever I get time.

June 23, 2016 at 3:07pm

you are right ameena.. social media steals our time..i donot avoid it completely.. but occasionally visits fb. and wordpress has become my ever favourite..

June 23, 2016 at 3:10pm

ha ha ha.. laughing.. wordly addiction.. nice usage little fairy..no side effects if you don’t have anything else to do..

18. chithankalai

June 23, 2016 at 9:31pm

Compartmentalize, Akila, I read a lot. I use my FB as a storage to keep whatever I like there. The magazine’s FB page is really active and as Editor I allot space and time. I Don’t have a smart phone nor a TV. I take calls in a very relaxed manner. I don’t rush to answer if what I am engaged with is important – Priority. Worst comes to worst, I close everything and start listening to music. Cool.

June 23, 2016 at 9:45pm

ha.. this is a great reply.. I feel motivated to read this.. thank you so much

19. Ajay Vyas

August 5, 2016 at 5:38pm

Your beautiful eyes so clear,It looked like a little teddybear,So sweet and harmless,It would light up the darkness,Look in her unique eyes And you’ll see she’s very wise.. these were the line that strike my mind although I have just seen one pic of yours and when i saw your post the way u have pen down them is simply amzing i mean each and everything by u is so beautifully described … trust me the way u play with the words is simply amazing I mean so magical they are

August 5, 2016 at 5:41pm

thanks Ajay.. but i wonder how do you catch this old post..?

20. Gradmama2011

August 30, 2016 at 8:29pm

Great discussion Akhila…. I just recently decided to explore Twitter (better late than never?) haha I am going to repost an early post of mine about thos very discussion…when I made my decision to make writing my top priority … I’m old, and I have a LOT to say 🙂

August 30, 2016 at 10:11pm

you need to speak out when there are lot many like me to hear you..