Responsible path

Which is the easiest path..? Are there any short cuts..?.

She was asking herself.

If I am aware of the responsible path, why do I need to think about the other paths?

If there is some guilty or irresponsibility accompanying the other path, why should I follow it? Is it only because of the easiness or comfortableness in the other path?

Her introspection continued….

One thought on “Responsible path

1. kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 9:34am

There many paths of life leading to the same goal we desire for us. Some paths are short yet dangerous where risk is involved.There you must strong enough to perceive failure …be strong, stand up once again and continue untill you succeed.

Some paths are long which may take time to reach the desired goal yet simple .

Its upto us to decide the correct path and strongly face the consequences of failure if any.

Lets consider an example of two students appearing for an exam. One studies hard and succeeds and other gets through the malpratice of copying and he also succeeds.

For the student who did copy ..success is short lived for him he may not succeed in continuation.

Whereas the student who has worked hard honestly will be confident of getting through such exams in future also.

August 12, 2016 at 9:48am

good morning kiran..well explained with the student example..

August 12, 2016 at 11:05am

I’ve never been able to find the so called responsible path until now.. I’m glad you two have! but stats wise, the back benchers and the ones who copy/score less lead the pack in terms of success, the smart ones who topped, who studies hard burning all that oil, and feet in water ended up very boring.. ! 😀 😛 of course there are exceptions… should take a real example of your class may be, and see where everybody stands in 10 years from now.

• kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 11:07am

Its takes more efforts to retain success than to achieve it

August 12, 2016 at 11:08am

yes it does, true.. agree to that.. but smart works counts, even if it is a comfortable path what say.. Btw I’m Ash, Kiran

• kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 11:11am

Thats true smart work aint be superficial along with overconfidence of success gained before

• kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 11:15am

Sometimes suceess may lead to overconfidence searching for shortcuts I have seen many of friends sinking

August 12, 2016 at 11:17am

that way! yes.. that happens, but then I would say, they are not sorted enough therefore they do.. but really successful people are very humble… so we need to sit and define what is then success and a successful behaviour

• kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 11:18am

Anyways it was nice time I had with you ash have a nice day

August 12, 2016 at 11:41am

ash.. smart work counts agreed.. but smartness should never be on an irresponsible path especially when you have got many dependencies and when there are many revolving around you

August 12, 2016 at 12:04pm

let’s begin at the basics.. what is smart work.. what is being irresponsible.. what is dependencies..

August 12, 2016 at 12:13pm

yes..in some other comment and you didnt respond..

August 12, 2016 at 11:55am

I am a typical example. I have always been the notorious last bencher, never had proper attendance, I was too lazy to even do malpractice.. never sat for lectures, when I sat for the interview I got a job in a tech giant which is a dream job for most midnight oil burners, well they didn’t make it . I did . My batch mates who studied all night had proper attendance after all these years couldn’t get the salary what I got in the first job .. but do I consider myself successful? No, I don’t like the lifestyle or being a corporate slave. I am happy to have left that job and living my life doing things I like . yes, having made this decision makes me feel I have achieved something.. I feel I’m successful

August 12, 2016 at 12:00pm

Exactly.. I chose to leave my corporate career in one of the dream companies everybody wanted to/and still wants to get through to.. because of precisely the same reasons. And people thought I was insane! who cares, success to me is not what others think it is what I define for themselves.. the right path, responsible path.. the comfortable path, or any other path.. well, is all in my head! experience speaks not hollow idealist talk.. dare?

August 12, 2016 at 12:05pm

if people define success with money a being rich .. a corrupt politician is much more richer than an honest beggar.. don’t you want to rethink and redefine success .. people are so comfortable living a definition of others.. they don’t care to define it themselves . Dare to define things your way .

August 12, 2016 at 12:06pm

Vicky, we need to be friends I guess! and make teeshirts..

August 12, 2016 at 12:09pm

if you are not regretting on your decision, it is your responsible path.. you are only answerable to what you have chosen. You are a single sole now and hence there wont be any dependencies in your decisions and path chosen.
            You wont be able to think from other’s shoe especially when there are many responsibilities playing around. dependencies matters a lot.. it should not be hurting anyone.. and on a long run, your decision should not bring in a guilty feeling..

August 12, 2016 at 12:38pm

who’s the intended recipient of your comment ?

August 12, 2016 at 12:40pm

aswathy..or may be anyone..;)

August 12, 2016 at 1:28pm

I think we are running into more stereotypes here…. just because a person does not have a visible partner/no partner does not account for or equal to mean no dependencies. If I say, I learn from other’s mistakes, or I learn from other’s successes, isn’t that thinking wearing another’s shoes? I think it is. So, to think from another’s perspective requires only an open mind. If I am not happy with my choices, then people around me, my dependents or who I depend on, will also be unhappy. So I take a risk, to find my happiness. The ultimate result is happiness for all and a guilt free life now and after!

(I understand where you are coming from about the certain factors but, but then thin about it this way, a sacrifice does nothing to anybody other than give guilt, cause unwanted pain, and hurt to you and others, so why even bother..) that I would call what I mean by honesty!

August 12, 2016 at 1:33pm

we are on different lines..and whatever you added in bracket is totally out of context..

August 12, 2016 at 2:30pm

Hhaah! cheers alla, finally. gives a different connotation!

August 12, 2016 at 11:46am

oh please this education system tests your memory power not your intelligence. Have you ever copied? involved in mal practice? it actually takes a lot of smartness and effort to involve in malpractice and escape without getting caught. if you define success by people who have a boring desk job and having lots of money in the bank account and have no idea what to do with the money or their life, still I would say those people who studied burning the midnight oil are unsuccessful. they are just corporate slaves wearing a suit

2. kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 9:50am

Thank you …can you please correct the word home to him in the secondlast para

3. Yours_Deepu

August 12, 2016 at 9:57am

When you find your path, you must ignore fear. You need to have the courage to risk mistakes. But once you are on that road… run, run, and don’t stop til you’ve reached its end. Good Morning ☺

August 12, 2016 at 9:59am

good morning deepu..when that path got much dependency , mind need to be alert..that’s all

4. Shalini Sharrma

August 12, 2016 at 10:17am

It’s difficult to understand for me what you exactly want to say but what i get after twice reading is that one should have confidence in whatever one choose i.e any path again ‘to be or not to be is the question…’ and am wondering what could be the short cut path mentioned ?

August 12, 2016 at 10:21am

yes shalini.. you are right..sometimes we know that we have to do ‘x’. but we skip it and sit idle or do something else. We were aware that Iif ‘x’ was not done, the results wont be favorable.. still have a tendency to deviate from our path, may be because of laziness or complexity of x or irresponsibility..

• Shalini Sharrma

August 12, 2016 at 10:38am

Oh ! yes, but every time you can’t win over laziness 😛 you need that too sometimes, sometimes. Again in that case a journal would help. If you write the priorities out and half of the task is done because even in case you want to waste time you have that piece of paper to remind you.

August 12, 2016 at 10:39am

yeah.. cannt win over laziness everytime.. but at times it should, especially when your path has a got a dependency with others too

• parijat shukla

August 12, 2016 at 10:50am

I think Shalini what it means is that we should follow the path our conscience is comfortable even if its difficult with rather than the one we are comfortable with/easy one. 🙂

August 12, 2016 at 11:09am

Why is there an assumption that the comfortable path is the easy one.. to make something seem comfortable, I think people these people who work hard, fail to see the effort behind such a smooth comfortable path..

• parijat shukla

August 12, 2016 at 11:14am

I am still reading your comment to be able to respond properly …give me few seconds 🙂

• parijat shukla

August 12, 2016 at 11:20am

Yes you are right a comfortable path could be easy or difficult…Infact sometimes we do take difficult path because we are more comfortable with it. An honest person will suffer set backs but wont leave his honesty as he is comfortable with it. Thanks for giving new perspective. 🙂

August 12, 2016 at 11:46am

An honest person will suffer set backs but wont leave his honesty as he is comfortable with it… this is absolutely true..

August 12, 2016 at 12:51pm

Was on a lunch break, I need to eat too.. 😀 let me read now..

August 12, 2016 at 1:15pm

The society trains its people’s consciousness to be comfortable with a path, in this case they teach its people that being responsible is better than being comfortable. It is the beaten path, you can feel comfortable in it because many before you have followed the same, you imitate them, whether you like it or not, whether it is difficult or not, whether it is comfortable or not, even if your mind and heart and soul and brain says no. you are on that path.. or made to think that being responsible is the goody options over comfort. Then the rest of the paths, fall into the not responsible category!

August 12, 2016 at 1:24pm

it is not at all like that.. your comments is emphasizing my earlier statement that you are not at all in a position to think the other way..it is not about choosing the same path that others followed, it is not about choosing a path which is against your brain, heart or mind or whatever..
            Absolutely it is the path much aligned to your H and B. and still there are times we couldnt follow it.. reasons may be many.. but at a later point of time it makes one guilty of the decision taken even while he/she was well aware of the right path..

August 12, 2016 at 1:18pm

well about honesty! well I would again say, your view on honesty would be very different from mine, in our own ways we are right! so where does an honest woman (borrowing from her usage of her) and the quality of honesty stand in the picture. Customize?

August 12, 2016 at 1:27pm

your way might be different from all of us.. but do you genuinely think that there will be an alternate definition for honesty..i dont think so…the perspectives could be different, but the ultimately it’s all the same..

August 12, 2016 at 1:30pm

check the other comment .. ! I just defined my way of honesty for you.

• parijat shukla

August 12, 2016 at 2:16pm

Pins & Ases & Akhila, out of above Debate, Salman Rushdee could make a new best seller 🙂 🙂

August 12, 2016 at 4:06pm

Hahaha let us have more word and thought plays that make all.of us think laterally .. I’m game

• parijat shukla

August 12, 2016 at 4:39pm

Must admit while reading your comment in morning “dimaag chakraa gaya” 🙂 🙂

August 13, 2016 at 8:15am

what is honesty? is it a true nature of humans ? does it apply to animals ? was honesty there when primitive man was unable to communicate with each other ? how does one differentiate between an honest man and one who is not ?

• parijat shukla

August 13, 2016 at 10:18am

Yes vicky its not an easy thing to define…An honest armyman kills his enemy while he becomes a killer for the people affected…No one fully knows the complexities of human mind…

August 13, 2016 at 10:19am

so the underlying fact is there’s nothing called honesty just the illusion based on perception

• parijat shukla

August 13, 2016 at 10:32am

Just because something is complex and has conflicting shades does not mean it does not exist…Some principles are formed based on long term experience and they are necessary for maintaing balance in the society…Just to give you a practical example an honest doctor wont misguide his patients…such beliefs are necessary even if they appear illusion…..

August 13, 2016 at 10:38am

whose experience? yours ? balance in the society in what way ? what makes you think this society is balanced? what if the doctor who’s honest to his patients is not honest to his wife ? is he still an honest person ?

• parijat shukla

August 13, 2016 at 10:48am

yes one can be honest and dishonest at different times and in in respect of different situation and oersons…There is no absolute definition.

August 13, 2016 at 11:31am

yes.. so now you are being dishonest to the honest comment you gave about honesty and honest people

5. pins & ashes

August 12, 2016 at 10:46am

Well.. well well .. isn’t that being judgemental.. like the judge mental hogaya types..

August 12, 2016 at 10:52am

because, everybody according to their circumstances choose a path. A path to follow is a personal journey, customized to a self.. so saying your path is the responsible and saying other’s paths are not I find is judgmental and irresponsible..

August 12, 2016 at 11:35am

oh.. not like that…there is nothing as your path is responsible and her path is not..

August 12, 2016 at 11:37am

but the post reads exactly that way! when you pit responsible against comfort. I can pick out sentences and tell you.. ! 😀 (occupational hazards)

6. parijat shukla

August 12, 2016 at 11:26am

Not at all !! Please read it again and inform if you still want me to withdraw it.

August 12, 2016 at 11:28am

everybody has their opinion.. and say! I just had mine.. and with mine brought a completeness to a popular stereotypical notion held

August 12, 2016 at 11:34am

seriously ash you can speak this good ? never argue with a woman who has command over the language .. lesson learnt

August 12, 2016 at 11:38am

the sarcasm was intended not the compliment

• parijat shukla

August 12, 2016 at 11:39am

There are a couple of points that need to be clarified here…”our conscience is comfortable with a path” does not imply that path is comfortable or easy…My limited point is that if our conscience is satisfied then the difficulty level of the path is immaterial..our comments are not exclusive in nature rather complimentary…But yes you have definitely added a new dimension to the discussion.

7. Bikramjit

August 12, 2016 at 11:37am

That is a good and lucky are the ones who get to the responsible path and find little hiccups to wade over.. to carry on .. on the path..
    But in practise it’s not possible to be on the responsible path all the time..

The path chosen depends on what the situation .. It might not be responsible but It definitely would be the right path for the person who took it… at that time.

Moreover it also is on how we see the path taken by us as individual and by others..

August 12, 2016 at 11:50am

the path chosen is fully dependent on the situation….my point is you are only answerable to that path..as it was your decision..

8. kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 11:45am

Lets take the example of AIPMT exam 2015 just see the plight of students who cheated the exam

9. pins & ashes

August 12, 2016 at 11:47am

This is the reality.. and anything other than that is a bubble, an ideal bubble. disagree or not..
    Hugs Bikram. Get some waffles for breakfast if you can .. aren’t they awesome 😀

• Bikramjit

August 12, 2016 at 12:08pm

Yummyliscious….. and damn had you said Bikram will win a lottery I would have won that today.. because I just finished a waffle and a latte on way to work..

August 12, 2016 at 11:48am

Bikram let me quote what parijat stated..”An honest person will suffer set backs but wont leave his honesty as he is comfortable with it.”

August 12, 2016 at 12:58pm

what does bs mean ? Boot strap ? Boot strap bill Turner ?

August 12, 2016 at 1:04pm

one thing I know for sure is that someone is going to block me for sure

August 12, 2016 at 1:05pm

the bull or the ox or bill tuner for using his name in the wrong place for the wrong reference

August 12, 2016 at 1:50pm

blocked by the pirates coc. marooned on an island . with one bullet

August 12, 2016 at 1:55pm

Chuck it ash it’s all getting too boring .. let’s find something else to discuss about

August 12, 2016 at 1:02pm

I made it clear boot strap bill Tuner

August 12, 2016 at 1:04pm

s and t sit side by side! so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.. ! live 😛

11. kiranmag

August 12, 2016 at 11:56am

We are not here for a hot debate just to share our views on the subject..not to prove who is wrong and who is right .

August 12, 2016 at 1:46pm

the word malpractice itself means it’s wrong so your point goes invalid now

August 12, 2016 at 1:56pm

oh god….please leave her…
        Playing with words may not be interesting to all, always…just a neutral statement..who knows the impacted zones while being in a virtual world

12. pins & ashes

August 12, 2016 at 1:03pm

well I was specially talking about a male member starting with the letter b of the English alphabet

13. adsunsri

August 12, 2016 at 4:01pm

Akhila…at the very outset, let me congratulate you on a wonderful blog, a treasure trove of ideas that are creative and out of the box. I had a difficult time to scroll down the comments section and that shows how popular your posts are!
    Hindsight is always a good teacher that sets us on the correction path and deviations are nullified…a thought provoking post on introspection!

August 12, 2016 at 4:04pm

thanks a ton my new friend.. and welcome you with all my love..

14. theonlysup

August 12, 2016 at 4:19pm

Responsible path is one who walks in the path where he is able to make correct decision at correct time.
    Depends if u want to remain woodcutter or make good decisions and become timber merchant..
    Whether backbencher or front bencher doesn’t matter if he understood this point..

August 12, 2016 at 4:26pm

true..correct decision, at correct time leads you to be on the right path..

• theonlysup

August 12, 2016 at 4:27pm

Ah i see the trp of ur blog has skyrocketed haha.. .enjoy the conversations
        . 😉

August 12, 2016 at 4:30pm

he he..yeah i am enjoying the conversations.. the comments went beyond my expectations..

• theonlysup

August 12, 2016 at 4:30pm

Were u a speaker in parliament earlier ??? 😉

August 12, 2016 at 4:33pm

oh…parliament…he he..
            yesterday we had chat on smrithi Irani..about her incomparable conversation skills..about her hold on language..

15. vicky

August 12, 2016 at 4:21pm

no wonder I don’t believe in God and his creation stories …

16. michnavs

August 12, 2016 at 6:00pm

It took me sometime before i reach the comment box because of the amount of comments you have here…simply shows your work is great…keep it up..love this one.

August 12, 2016 at 10:38pm

thanks .if you had read the comments fully, might have come up with in the opposite way..;)..

17. preeti

August 12, 2016 at 9:09pm

Too many paths akhila but sometimes we get confused which one is good for us sometimes we take wrong path then regret…but some peoples search only for easy paths…some confused which one is easy..

But here I want to tell that there is not Any type of path which easy and sends to you to your passionate lovely destination….

Destiny decides path but we have to careful while choosing it ,in future if it would not be great as expectation then just say to yourself

“Everything happens for a reason”
    Just smile and face the world☺☺

August 12, 2016 at 10:34pm

ha ha.. i liked the way you ended…everything happen for a reason…

August 13, 2016 at 9:06am

thanks a lot for sharing your love….have a good day miracle..

19. Daisy in the Willows

August 13, 2016 at 11:10am

As much as I hate to admit it, I have found the harder paths the most satisfying -especially when I have reached the end of that journey 🙂

August 13, 2016 at 9:10pm

thanks daisy for expressing your views.. while people are reluctant to choose that harder path, you are welcoming the same. what do you find interesting in your harder path..

21. Nisthur Anadi

August 14, 2016 at 4:01pm

Being ,
    Identifying ,
    Walking ,
    Suggesting ,
    Leading ,
    Reaching ,
    Accompanying right path is tough.

Through out the life we talk about the journey, the more we travel the more we go away from the self.

Life is all about being with self. Knowing the self, let us come back to self the way every bird return to thier nest in evening . We have walked enough. We have achieved enough. We have tested the self enough.

Just being the self,
    Is the only destination to arrive.
    Where I am traveler .
    I am the path and
    I am the destination.

The more you travel , You are away from the center, more you find the life a struggling. More confusions . We are more into right and wrong. Let us know the self and ends the journey. Where life is ever beautiful.

Akhila hope you don’t mind, being always philosophical in my comments. You are kind and humble who tolerate me some times extreme me.

Until you stop asking , I will keep commenting.

Wishing you spiritual awakening.

Hehehe…

22. Chris White

August 14, 2016 at 5:20pm

Thank you so much for your follow. Now doing the same. So now we are sharing the same path. That’s nice. All the best. Kris.

August 14, 2016 at 9:16pm

thank you so much chris for being here and expressing your love..

24. fairykumar

August 20, 2016 at 10:56pm

I think there are short cuts but the path travelled to achieve your goal is worth travelling!

September 27, 2016 at 10:44am

thanks Kamal. I am glad that you caught this post..