Responsible path

By | August 12, 2016

Which is the easiest path..? Are there any short cuts..?.

She was asking herself.

If I am aware of the responsible path, why do I need to think about the other paths?

If there is some guilty or irresponsibility accompanying the other path, why should I follow it? Is it only because of the easiness or comfortableness in the other path?

Her introspection continued….

0 thoughts on “Responsible path

1. kiranmag

There many paths of life leading to the same goal we desire for us. Some paths are short yet dangerous where risk is involved.There you must strong enough to perceive failure …be strong, stand up once again and continue untill you succeed.

Some paths are long which may take time to reach the desired goal yet simple .

Its upto us to decide the correct path and strongly face the consequences of failure if any.

Lets consider an example of two students appearing for an exam. One studies hard and succeeds and other gets through the malpratice of copying and he also succeeds.

For the student who did copy ..success is short lived for him he may not succeed in continuation.

Whereas the student who has worked hard honestly will be confident of getting through such exams in future also.

1. pins & ashes

I’ve never been able to find the so called responsible path until now.. I’m glad you two have! but stats wise, the back benchers and the ones who copy/score less lead the pack in terms of success, the smart ones who topped, who studies hard burning all that oil, and feet in water ended up very boring.. ! 😀 😛 of course there are exceptions… should take a real example of your class may be, and see where everybody stands in 10 years from now.

1. pins & ashes

yes it does, true.. agree to that.. but smart works counts, even if it is a comfortable path what say.. Btw I’m Ash, Kiran

1. kiranmag

Thats true smart work aint be superficial along with overconfidence of success gained before

2. kiranmag

Sometimes suceess may lead to overconfidence searching for shortcuts I have seen many of friends sinking

3. pins & ashes

that way! yes.. that happens, but then I would say, they are not sorted enough therefore they do.. but really successful people are very humble… so we need to sit and define what is then success and a successful behaviour

ash.. smart work counts agreed.. but smartness should never be on an irresponsible path especially when you have got many dependencies and when there are many revolving around you

5. pins & ashes

let’s begin at the basics.. what is smart work.. what is being irresponsible.. what is dependencies..

1. vicky

I am a typical example. I have always been the notorious last bencher, never had proper attendance, I was too lazy to even do malpractice.. never sat for lectures, when I sat for the interview I got a job in a tech giant which is a dream job for most midnight oil burners, well they didn’t make it . I did . My batch mates who studied all night had proper attendance after all these years couldn’t get the salary what I got in the first job .. but do I consider myself successful? No, I don’t like the lifestyle or being a corporate slave. I am happy to have left that job and living my life doing things I like . yes, having made this decision makes me feel I have achieved something.. I feel I’m successful

1. pins & ashes

Exactly.. I chose to leave my corporate career in one of the dream companies everybody wanted to/and still wants to get through to.. because of precisely the same reasons. And people thought I was insane! who cares, success to me is not what others think it is what I define for themselves.. the right path, responsible path.. the comfortable path, or any other path.. well, is all in my head! experience speaks not hollow idealist talk.. dare?

1. vicky

if people define success with money a being rich .. a corrupt politician is much more richer than an honest beggar.. don’t you want to rethink and redefine success .. people are so comfortable living a definition of others.. they don’t care to define it themselves . Dare to define things your way .

if you are not regretting on your decision, it is your responsible path.. you are only answerable to what you have chosen. You are a single sole now and hence there wont be any dependencies in your decisions and path chosen.
            You wont be able to think from other’s shoe especially when there are many responsibilities playing around. dependencies matters a lot.. it should not be hurting anyone.. and on a long run, your decision should not bring in a guilty feeling..

3. pins & ashes

I think we are running into more stereotypes here…. just because a person does not have a visible partner/no partner does not account for or equal to mean no dependencies. If I say, I learn from other’s mistakes, or I learn from other’s successes, isn’t that thinking wearing another’s shoes? I think it is. So, to think from another’s perspective requires only an open mind. If I am not happy with my choices, then people around me, my dependents or who I depend on, will also be unhappy. So I take a risk, to find my happiness. The ultimate result is happiness for all and a guilt free life now and after!

(I understand where you are coming from about the certain factors but, but then thin about it this way, a sacrifice does nothing to anybody other than give guilt, cause unwanted pain, and hurt to you and others, so why even bother..) that I would call what I mean by honesty!

we are on different lines..and whatever you added in bracket is totally out of context..

2. vicky

oh please this education system tests your memory power not your intelligence. Have you ever copied? involved in mal practice? it actually takes a lot of smartness and effort to involve in malpractice and escape without getting caught. if you define success by people who have a boring desk job and having lots of money in the bank account and have no idea what to do with the money or their life, still I would say those people who studied burning the midnight oil are unsuccessful. they are just corporate slaves wearing a suit

1. pins & ashes

that is such a blah reply! Kiran.. expected more from you after your first comment and our dialogue we just had!

1. myheartbeats4ublog

He agrees, but “forgot to tell Her that she is very much on a ‘responsible’ post, though she does not like to be complemented”

why ‘he’ came here..? i didnt intend it be her thoughts alone.. he and she interchangeable..:)

1. pins & ashes

third person! so meaning it is not Hari speaking but his ghost.. Akhila you do believe in ghosts alle 😛 😛

2. Yours_Deepu

When you find your path, you must ignore fear. You need to have the courage to risk mistakes. But once you are on that road… run, run, and don’t stop til you’ve reached its end. Good Morning ☺

good morning deepu..when that path got much dependency , mind need to be alert..that’s all

3. Shalini Sharrma

It’s difficult to understand for me what you exactly want to say but what i get after twice reading is that one should have confidence in whatever one choose i.e any path again ‘to be or not to be is the question…’ and am wondering what could be the short cut path mentioned ?

yes shalini.. you are right..sometimes we know that we have to do ‘x’. but we skip it and sit idle or do something else. We were aware that Iif ‘x’ was not done, the results wont be favorable.. still have a tendency to deviate from our path, may be because of laziness or complexity of x or irresponsibility..

1. Shalini Sharrma

Oh ! yes, but every time you can’t win over laziness 😛 you need that too sometimes, sometimes. Again in that case a journal would help. If you write the priorities out and half of the task is done because even in case you want to waste time you have that piece of paper to remind you.

yeah.. cannt win over laziness everytime.. but at times it should, especially when your path has a got a dependency with others too

2. parijat shukla

I think Shalini what it means is that we should follow the path our conscience is comfortable even if its difficult with rather than the one we are comfortable with/easy one. 🙂

1. pins & ashes

Why is there an assumption that the comfortable path is the easy one.. to make something seem comfortable, I think people these people who work hard, fail to see the effort behind such a smooth comfortable path..

1. parijat shukla

Yes you are right a comfortable path could be easy or difficult…Infact sometimes we do take difficult path because we are more comfortable with it. An honest person will suffer set backs but wont leave his honesty as he is comfortable with it. Thanks for giving new perspective. 🙂

An honest person will suffer set backs but wont leave his honesty as he is comfortable with it… this is absolutely true..

2. pins & ashes

The society trains its people’s consciousness to be comfortable with a path, in this case they teach its people that being responsible is better than being comfortable. It is the beaten path, you can feel comfortable in it because many before you have followed the same, you imitate them, whether you like it or not, whether it is difficult or not, whether it is comfortable or not, even if your mind and heart and soul and brain says no. you are on that path.. or made to think that being responsible is the goody options over comfort. Then the rest of the paths, fall into the not responsible category!

it is not at all like that.. your comments is emphasizing my earlier statement that you are not at all in a position to think the other way..it is not about choosing the same path that others followed, it is not about choosing a path which is against your brain, heart or mind or whatever..
            Absolutely it is the path much aligned to your H and B. and still there are times we couldnt follow it.. reasons may be many.. but at a later point of time it makes one guilty of the decision taken even while he/she was well aware of the right path..

4. pins & ashes

well about honesty! well I would again say, your view on honesty would be very different from mine, in our own ways we are right! so where does an honest woman (borrowing from her usage of her) and the quality of honesty stand in the picture. Customize?

your way might be different from all of us.. but do you genuinely think that there will be an alternate definition for honesty..i dont think so…the perspectives could be different, but the ultimately it’s all the same..

6. pins & ashes

Hahaha let us have more word and thought plays that make all.of us think laterally .. I’m game

7. vicky

what is honesty? is it a true nature of humans ? does it apply to animals ? was honesty there when primitive man was unable to communicate with each other ? how does one differentiate between an honest man and one who is not ?

8. parijat shukla

Yes vicky its not an easy thing to define…An honest armyman kills his enemy while he becomes a killer for the people affected…No one fully knows the complexities of human mind…

9. vicky

so the underlying fact is there’s nothing called honesty just the illusion based on perception

10. parijat shukla

Just because something is complex and has conflicting shades does not mean it does not exist…Some principles are formed based on long term experience and they are necessary for maintaing balance in the society…Just to give you a practical example an honest doctor wont misguide his patients…such beliefs are necessary even if they appear illusion…..

11. vicky

whose experience? yours ? balance in the society in what way ? what makes you think this society is balanced? what if the doctor who’s honest to his patients is not honest to his wife ? is he still an honest person ?

12. parijat shukla

yes one can be honest and dishonest at different times and in in respect of different situation and oersons…There is no absolute definition.

13. vicky

yes.. so now you are being dishonest to the honest comment you gave about honesty and honest people

1. pins & ashes

because, everybody according to their circumstances choose a path. A path to follow is a personal journey, customized to a self.. so saying your path is the responsible and saying other’s paths are not I find is judgmental and irresponsible..

oh.. not like that…there is nothing as your path is responsible and her path is not..

1. pins & ashes

but the post reads exactly that way! when you pit responsible against comfort. I can pick out sentences and tell you.. ! 😀 (occupational hazards)

1. pins & ashes

everybody has their opinion.. and say! I just had mine.. and with mine brought a completeness to a popular stereotypical notion held

1. vicky

seriously ash you can speak this good ? never argue with a woman who has command over the language .. lesson learnt

2. parijat shukla

There are a couple of points that need to be clarified here…”our conscience is comfortable with a path” does not imply that path is comfortable or easy…My limited point is that if our conscience is satisfied then the difficulty level of the path is immaterial..our comments are not exclusive in nature rather complimentary…But yes you have definitely added a new dimension to the discussion.

4. Bikramjit

That is a good and lucky are the ones who get to the responsible path and find little hiccups to wade over.. to carry on .. on the path..
    But in practise it’s not possible to be on the responsible path all the time..

The path chosen depends on what the situation .. It might not be responsible but It definitely would be the right path for the person who took it… at that time.

Moreover it also is on how we see the path taken by us as individual and by others..

the path chosen is fully dependent on the situation….my point is you are only answerable to that path..as it was your decision..

5. kiranmag

Lets take the example of AIPMT exam 2015 just see the plight of students who cheated the exam

6. pins & ashes

This is the reality.. and anything other than that is a bubble, an ideal bubble. disagree or not..
    Hugs Bikram. Get some waffles for breakfast if you can .. aren’t they awesome 😀

1. Bikramjit

Yummyliscious….. and damn had you said Bikram will win a lottery I would have won that today.. because I just finished a waffle and a latte on way to work..

Bikram let me quote what parijat stated..”An honest person will suffer set backs but wont leave his honesty as he is comfortable with it.”

1. vicky

one thing I know for sure is that someone is going to block me for sure

2. pins & ashes

the bull or the ox or bill tuner for using his name in the wrong place for the wrong reference

3. vicky

blocked by the pirates coc. marooned on an island . with one bullet

4. vicky

Chuck it ash it’s all getting too boring .. let’s find something else to discuss about

8. kiranmag

We are not here for a hot debate just to share our views on the subject..not to prove who is wrong and who is right .

oh god….please leave her…
        Playing with words may not be interesting to all, always…just a neutral statement..who knows the impacted zones while being in a virtual world

9. adsunsri

Akhila…at the very outset, let me congratulate you on a wonderful blog, a treasure trove of ideas that are creative and out of the box. I had a difficult time to scroll down the comments section and that shows how popular your posts are!
    Hindsight is always a good teacher that sets us on the correction path and deviations are nullified…a thought provoking post on introspection!

10. theonlysup

Responsible path is one who walks in the path where he is able to make correct decision at correct time.
    Depends if u want to remain woodcutter or make good decisions and become timber merchant..
    Whether backbencher or front bencher doesn’t matter if he understood this point..

true..correct decision, at correct time leads you to be on the right path..

he he..yeah i am enjoying the conversations.. the comments went beyond my expectations..

oh…parliament…he he..
            yesterday we had chat on smrithi Irani..about her incomparable conversation skills..about her hold on language..

11. michnavs

It took me sometime before i reach the comment box because of the amount of comments you have here…simply shows your work is great…keep it up..love this one.

thanks .if you had read the comments fully, might have come up with in the opposite way..;)..

12. preeti

Too many paths akhila but sometimes we get confused which one is good for us sometimes we take wrong path then regret…but some peoples search only for easy paths…some confused which one is easy..

But here I want to tell that there is not Any type of path which easy and sends to you to your passionate lovely destination….

Destiny decides path but we have to careful while choosing it ,in future if it would not be great as expectation then just say to yourself

“Everything happens for a reason”
    Just smile and face the world☺☺

13. Daisy in the Willows

As much as I hate to admit it, I have found the harder paths the most satisfying -especially when I have reached the end of that journey 🙂

thanks daisy for expressing your views.. while people are reluctant to choose that harder path, you are welcoming the same. what do you find interesting in your harder path..

14. Nisthur Anadi

Being ,
    Identifying ,
    Walking ,
    Suggesting ,
    Leading ,
    Reaching ,
    Accompanying right path is tough.

Through out the life we talk about the journey, the more we travel the more we go away from the self.

Life is all about being with self. Knowing the self, let us come back to self the way every bird return to thier nest in evening . We have walked enough. We have achieved enough. We have tested the self enough.

Just being the self,
    Is the only destination to arrive.
    Where I am traveler .
    I am the path and
    I am the destination.

The more you travel , You are away from the center, more you find the life a struggling. More confusions . We are more into right and wrong. Let us know the self and ends the journey. Where life is ever beautiful.

Akhila hope you don’t mind, being always philosophical in my comments. You are kind and humble who tolerate me some times extreme me.

Until you stop asking , I will keep commenting.

Wishing you spiritual awakening.

Hehehe…

15. Chris White

Thank you so much for your follow. Now doing the same. So now we are sharing the same path. That’s nice. All the best. Kris.