Is it possible to love romantically more than one person at a time?

Is it possible to love more than one person at a time?

(To make it clear I am talking about the romantic relationship between actual lovers, and not the lovely relationship between parent-child or between friends or siblings.)

Can you love one person sincerely while committed to another? But then, what will be definition of sincerity?

My mind questions even the pragmatic views of love after a break-up/separation. Is it really possible to love someone new again? If you were truly in love with the first person, how could you fall in love with the second? Does it mean that it was not genuine in the first time..? Anyway, now let us forget about the lifetime events and back to the question “Is it possible to love romantically more than one person at a time (not about the universal attraction)

Then there comes the views of society. If you love two persons at a time, people call it as cheating. In their views, it is okay even if you love someone new after avoiding the existing, but it becomes erroneous while loving many simultaneously.

Both cases do not make any sense in my thoughts or in a way both are equal.

If we are loving two people, concurrently or one after the other, aren’t we cheating our own mind itself..? How can he/she love someone new, ignoring the older one who once ruled his/her mind? He/she could just make him/her believe so, ignoring the underlying facts. Isn’t it..?

True love is everlasting; it is never rooted in momentary infatuations. So in a heart there could be place for another heart only.. Not many more. There cannot be any ‘delete’ keys in the heart.

I heard people telling like “Love is not a scarce resource. So if you have an ability to fall in love with many, do it left and right”. These polygamous relationships are way beyond my senses to appreciate. Anyway if you are open-minded enough to enjoy the balance of multiplicative love, be 100% open with everyone you love and their feelings and ensure that you are building without hurting someone.

This is the translated version of രാധയ്ക്കറിയാം

One thought on “Is it possible to love romantically more than one person at a time?

1. parijat shukla

August 25, 2016 at 9:24am

I dont think that would be a proper thing…If you are committed to someone you love that person only and your feelings (romantic) should be reserved for that person only…Yes, you might have friends to share your thoughts but romantic liaison is a complete no no…

August 25, 2016 at 10:56am

agree with you fully..you know, the world is not as simple as it is…I was foreign to this thought of loving many..I couldn’t even imagine that as a possibility… but there are people saying it as possible..i donno the underlying justifications/facts behind the same.. they say it as possible..

August 25, 2016 at 10:53am

ha ha.. i liked your frank statement..and were you open to this fact..?

• The Shaggy

August 25, 2016 at 10:57am

I am trying to turn into an extrovert and they say extroverts have to be frank…..
        I never believed although a lot of ppl had earlier warned me about it….

August 25, 2016 at 11:22am

ha ha.. it’s a nice definition of extroverts..you are really an interesting character..
          so what made you to believe it..

• The Shaggy

August 25, 2016 at 11:31am

We all have have our own definition of things and ppl…. Who cares what the dictionary says…
            I am not sure if that’s a compliment….
            She confessed

August 25, 2016 at 11:32am

your extroverted mind should not be so suspicious on my compliment …lol

August 25, 2016 at 12:23pm

it may not be a common case, but not the rarest…this is the real world..

• The Shaggy

August 25, 2016 at 12:25pm

Seriously??? But I thought it happens almost everywhere???

• The Shaggy

August 25, 2016 at 12:28pm

Trust me!!! It’s not worth seeing…. We are better off not seeing such things

• The Shaggy

August 25, 2016 at 12:38pm

Yea totally true… And as I had mentioned you are one inspiring person…. One who knows solution to all problems
            🙂

• The Shaggy

August 25, 2016 at 1:12pm

Haha nobody respects sincere flattery these days

• The Shaggy

August 25, 2016 at 1:19pm

Arey nai nai i took it as a joke only….
            You sense of humor great as well

August 25, 2016 at 12:32pm

believe in your senses, keep them opened always…

2. my valiant soul

August 25, 2016 at 10:03am

I cannot bear the horrendous idea of loving two persons at a same time.What about dedication,sincerity?!

August 25, 2016 at 10:52am

absolutely true..and earlier I couldn’t even imagine that such things are happening all around with the so called sincerity and commitment. But yes, we need to accept the truth..such people are there all around us, may be unnoticed..

3. myheartbeats4ublog

August 25, 2016 at 10:22am

Ma’am, the translation is as good as the original version!! (and the clarification within brackets noted…hmmm)
    agree with you..”True love is everlasting”…

August 25, 2016 at 10:50am

hari.. i am glad that i didnt spoil the real message during translation..if i didnt add that brackets, I was quite sure that you guys would have a loophole to attack me..he he..

4. parijat shukla

August 25, 2016 at 10:36am

Just wish to add a point..sometimes to need a person to give you independent assessment of a situation with judging you or criticizing you and that independent assessment can come from an outside person who knows and understand you so it may be actually a good idea to have some very close friends from outside our sphere of home/work but this must not extend to any romantic involvement at the cost of your existing love.

August 25, 2016 at 11:16am

Happy Janmastami…
    as you said, living in society, we need to go by morals…there itself comes certain expectations in return, right..?

7. Bikramjit

August 25, 2016 at 11:39am

Hmmmm tricky although I do beleive that yes it is possible to love more than one person .. But not at same time.. that would indeed be cheating for sure..

And I also beleive that love does not die or gets erased when one moves on ..

I also beleive that we humans actually give tooooo much importance and think too much into this love business.. and that’s why sometimes instead of love flourishing we spoil a relation..

August 25, 2016 at 11:43am

love business..he he..so who will analyse the profit or loss

8. TalkaholicMe

August 25, 2016 at 12:21pm

It is fine to love more than one person at a time, only if you are able to keep it to yourself.. Reasoning or clarifying it’s notion is just not fine.. either you are in love with only one or you are not in love at all..

9. anaghamurali

August 25, 2016 at 12:29pm

nice post ….about true love…perhaps I dont have any idea,,…happy janmastami dear

August 25, 2016 at 12:34pm

happy janmastami anagha…curious me thinking why you said as no idea about true love..

• anaghamurali

August 25, 2016 at 12:36pm

I have always looked upon love as an headache….so what is the difference if it is true or not….in books coloured in pink and red bunch of roses looks good…but in life simply stupid.

August 25, 2016 at 12:40pm

i donno what made you to see it as stupidity…may be you have to travel more to reach your love.

• anaghamurali

August 25, 2016 at 12:42pm

may be/….I am a bit weird …I hope u knew that by this time…I am not against love….seriously its boring damn boring(in my friends words I am boring)

August 25, 2016 at 12:45pm

hmm.. i can understand…dont worry…

August 25, 2016 at 12:48pm

yeah.. radha is there all around us..

August 25, 2016 at 12:55pm

of curse yes… let me know when you meet her..

10. Divya

August 25, 2016 at 12:31pm

Acc to me, Love happens for once in a lifetime rest are all backups.. just like if a man loses his leg in an acciedent, his loss is eternal though he may get an artificial leg to do his work of everyday life.. but his real leg cannot be actually replaced by anything in this world.. 🙂

11. K. Bellamy with a Purpose

August 25, 2016 at 1:49pm

Speaking from experience, no, it is impossible to truly love more than one person. People live their entire lives loving others based on what the world has told them love is. The worldly definition of love is determined but how much someone spends on someone else. Things that play off the ego. Yet true love connects to no such definition. It’s pure and unconditional and not based on any monetary value. When true love finds someone they will know by their hearts calling. For those blessed enough to have true love find them, as they ponder their previous relationships they might come to the conclusion that they were never really in love with the people from their past. Those relationships were just lessons about what love truly isn’t, so they would be able to identify “The real McCoy.”

August 25, 2016 at 4:54pm

glad to hear the voice of experienced heart..when we are having the second, it indicates that the first was not that genuine…absolutely true..

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 6:12pm

If true love is not about the ego, connects to no definition, is not about the worldly definition of love, then I would think it had more in common with the expansive spiritual love of Jesus or Buddha than a highly focused romantic love.

August 25, 2016 at 4:51pm

we could be attracted to many..that’s the universal law.. but do you think we can have that romantic relation with many in a life time..

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 5:59pm

Most of my ex-girlfriends have been jocks who liked to read, but other than that they had so many differences.

12. Jackie Jain

August 25, 2016 at 2:41pm

True love doesn’t exist anymore in my opinion. True love is respect, trust and care for people we love. In modern society, love is an agreement, possession and about lust. I think love have become more like a social media nowadays. People have created a sign out and log in button for love. When they log out from one account they log in into another account. But if it’s true love, it happens just once. I do believe that true love exists in this world, but it is very rare.

Have a good day Akhila. Happy Janmasthami. Jai Shri Krishna. . 🙂

August 25, 2016 at 4:49pm

Happy Janmasthami..
      In one life, only one love…that’s what I believe.. as you said, it just happen once…

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 6:03pm

I think for most of history, true love has been a rarity. Most of the time, marriage was being with the least objectionable person your parents liked. And even that assumed that the local noblemen didn’t hog the best looking women for themselves. True love only became possible when women gained control over their choice of men and society curbed rich men’s power to cut lower class men out.

13. Mann

August 25, 2016 at 5:54pm

I dont think so…Hum ek bar jeete hai…ek baar marte he aur Pyar bhi ek hi baar karte he…the truest one. If we are lucky to have it for whole life…nothing like that…but it’s not the case, most of the times.
    And everyone moves on…only to fall for another person giving us the feeling of same past love interest. We often search for the same person whether we fall in love once, twice, thrice or so on. We always love him/her.

14. davekingsbury

August 25, 2016 at 5:57pm

My answer would be No, as romantic love sweeps you off your feet and involves your whole being. Loving two equally must involve an element of game-playing – even self-delusion.

15. senora

August 25, 2016 at 6:33pm

I do not support loving two people at the same time. It is beyond my imagination and it’s very wrong. But I feel being in love a second or third time is not wrong at all. After all, moving on in life is necessary after a lost love.

August 26, 2016 at 9:27am

yeah..moving on in life is necessary after a breakup/separation…but does it require a second love..?

• senora

August 26, 2016 at 9:30am

Not necessarily…. But, what I am saying is it is not wrong to fall in love a second time… And I believe humans need love just like air, food and water.

August 26, 2016 at 9:31am

may be you are right and above all it’s all a state of mind..

16. Tanya

August 25, 2016 at 8:12pm

If you love someone romantically as you are saying, love in itself is so true that only that one person matters so I think you can love only person at a time .

August 26, 2016 at 9:24am

thanks Tanya and agreed fully..and i will reword it as ” you can love only person in a life time” .

17. preeti

August 25, 2016 at 8:59pm

It depends on people’s
    Different peoples have different perspective,different thinking

Some people’s love with only one person at a time
    Loving with many is not a problem,but romantic relationship with everyone this is a problem,its my thinking I don’t say it’s a cheating

But if you have romantic relationships with one person then you also made a same relationship with other then it hurts the former one…..

Loving with many is not bad at all

August 26, 2016 at 9:20am

ha ha.. i liked you views, even though I can not agree to it..

• preeti

August 26, 2016 at 12:31pm

May be your views are different it’s not a problem at all

August 26, 2016 at 12:33pm

yeah.. different people, different hearts and brains…can’t expect to have similar thoughts..

August 26, 2016 at 12:40pm

i’m fine dear…hows your work going on. detached or attached as mentioned in one of your earlier posts…

August 26, 2016 at 9:19am

true…the sad reality even though humans are expected to be monogamous.

18. Shalini Sharrma

August 26, 2016 at 11:16am

See it’s true to forget the one you once loved is hard but when you have no choice left, one tend to seek love elsewhere in another person (rare case when you had break up or something). You just need to move on, even stagnant water if kept for days stinks. Human being get depressed easily and one has to let it go. As far as people who are happy with multiple r/s are actually lusty creatures and few with even disorders ( i read it somewhere) and they end up either hurting themselves or everyone else in their love game . But then again it’s not possible to love many persons at a time. Infatuation plays a role here.
    Very thought provoking post. Good Morning !

August 26, 2016 at 11:54am

good morning shal, even though nearing 12 here..
      lusty or disordered..whatever it may be, if they are not open to their n number of lovers, the game is lost..

August 26, 2016 at 1:25pm

a different perspective…it seems i need to read more about Lama.

22. shifafawaz

August 26, 2016 at 9:06pm

This post is amazing..I always get that question myself…

August 26, 2016 at 10:40pm

glad to meet you shifa….so did you get the answer..?

• shifafawaz

August 26, 2016 at 10:43pm

Haha..I believe if you truly love someone it s actually impossible to love another. You may do so, but it would never be the same and there’ll always be a difference in the amount of love you can give.

August 26, 2016 at 10:49pm

well shifa..it is absolutely true and much aligned to my belief..

• shifafawaz

August 26, 2016 at 10:50pm

Yes..but sometimes it may also be out of no other choice. Like the death of a loved one. Then I believe that’s not wrong.

23. prashantt

August 27, 2016 at 9:58am

I love this post and i’ve already penned a short story based on this concept”Love at first sight..a romantical disorder” wherein a boy falls for some 5 girls still looking for true love.As per me we should love everyone till we get someone who will love you as now a days its easy to find love wherein feelings are secondry and keep changing from one person to another.

August 27, 2016 at 2:13pm

ha ha… are you really serious while advising to keep on changing..

24. Sayanti aka Shine

August 27, 2016 at 11:55am

Nice post, Akhila and the question you raise here, it comes once in everyone’s mind. But, no one dares to ask it 🙂 as our society always see it as wrong.
    I think love is free flowing like a river. The Commitment is a barrier to restrict its flow. But, when the tide of love comes in the restricted river, it breaks out all barriers. So, nothing is wrong and nothing is right in the context of love.

August 27, 2016 at 2:07pm

thanks for your views shine..
      free flowing river needs to ensure that it’s not destructive to it’s own bank..and that’s why the moral side comes into play

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 6:05pm

You remind me of my first girlfriend, but it requires a lot of honesty to make it work without hurting people

25. mylittlepursuitsofhappyness

August 27, 2016 at 4:27pm

love just happens.. nobody really plans or decides that he/she would love many people to be romantically inclined. however if something like this happens.. one should take hold of certain qualities of love.. such as love does not not deceive..it is patient and kind..it protects, trusts, it perseveres and radiates more love and i guess ultimately we all live because we are loved..and where there is love there is always forgiveness
    this is what ran through my mind after reading the post…

August 28, 2016 at 1:48pm

really glad to read your words. true it is that love just happens..agreed fully. and what i dont understand is how comes to have many ‘loves’.. moreover to the moral aspects, can heart accommodate two people..?

August 28, 2016 at 1:43pm

I am dancing hearing your motivational words..
    infact, while writing I am not thinking about the controversial part of it..random thoughts…

29. Anoop

August 30, 2016 at 12:55pm

I have spoken to few matured people about people falling in love with more than one person in different timelines. Post a breakup, people clinging onto past memories are common. But when they find the real ‘one’, the past holds less significance in the new relationship. If one is true to one’s heart, you will love only one person at a time. Random memories from the past do haunt people but the present true love or the ‘one’ will override the past.

But it takes time.

There is another point to argue. Say if ‘A’ was once in a serious romantic relationship with ‘B’ but they couldn’t convert that to marriage for other reasons. But still they respect each other. They move on and get married to different persons. A is happy in his current marriage, and B is happy in her current relationship. Does it mean that A and B were not true to each other at that time? Have they completely erased their past love and memories from their heart.

Here comes the point of sacrifice. You sacrifice your past for your real current love. But that doesn’t mean that they weren’t true to each other once. It shows that they have started to love someone truly with sacrifice and maturity. This is again another way of respecting the past love. Yet still being genuine to your present partner.

This is my perspective with all due respects. Opinions do differ with different people. But I liked your article.

– Anoop

August 30, 2016 at 1:00pm

thanks Anoop for your replay after the research…as you said different people have different choices, different decisions, different views. you are right in your way. and me too in my way…and i feel arguing on my belief is not justifiable atleast in this case.

• Anoop

August 30, 2016 at 1:06pm

Yes Akhila, one cannot be in two or more romantic relationships simultaneously. That is wrong to one’s heart. I agree. This is different.

What I said in my previous comment is different in another perspective.

August 30, 2016 at 1:11pm

ya.. i can understand what you meant.. I had mentioned on the same in my post as not agreeable to me..

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 6:07pm

It seems like a very hard thing to say, that just because A loves B that no one else in the alphabet was worthy.

August 30, 2016 at 4:34pm

agreed to you that it varies from people to people. and my mind doesnt agree loving again..;)

31. D'Dream

August 30, 2016 at 6:23pm

I think being committed and be romantically in love simultaneously is a rather poignant experience.
    I just believe the distinguishing line is the word “commitment”
    it can be quite easy to be romantically involved with more than one person but it is not possible to be committed to the same people

August 30, 2016 at 10:19pm

i agree with you fully…the commitment will be missing in your parallel love stories..

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 6:09pm

I’ve talked to people in “multiple marriage,” like two men and two women all living together in a committed relationship. It gets twice as complicated as a man and a woman, because you have twice as many people bringing in their issues, but also twice as many people bringing in their abilities.

January 3, 2018 at 5:47pm

Multiple marriage… that’s totally new for me…

32. Radha knows | Words and Notion

September 6, 2016 at 9:04am

[…] the warmth of its shine every now and then. And that’s why I respect Radha for her divine love. (Radha is the synonym of pure love and devotion in Hindu […]

33. Joker Shayar

September 8, 2016 at 3:02pm

I think it is not possible (at least for me ). if we remove the “trust” factor from love , then whatever remains behind can’t be named as love. Its just something else but not love ever……..

34. On Love | Ashes of Life

September 12, 2016 at 1:13pm

[…] I dedicate this post to my friend Akhila Reading philosophy and poetry does not guarantee success in Love. It depends- in my opinion- on the mysterious forces that defy human comprehension, but that does not prevent me from reading about my favorite topic. Socrates, in Plato’s Symposium talks about Love in the form of ladder that one has to climb to become a perfect lover. He talks about loving a particular human body for its beauty and goodness, becoming a lover of all beautiful bodies in the second stage (most of us are unable to go beyond this), then moving upward on the ladder of love by loving the beauty/goodness of the soul in the third stage. The fourth and fifth stages are quite philosophical. These stages move beyond the body (to the idea, noble causes and creation of beauty) and talks about how our perpetual longing to possess good and beautiful can be fulfilled if directed towards other objects, that is, not human beings. However, the message of Socrates was that we do not need to give up our longing for salvation through love. I think these stages are more natural as circular rather than in a ladder form. For example, when I go through the poetry of Ghalib, I see all those stages circular depending upon my mood. He does not offer a celebration of love, or limit himself to the love of the divine, as mystic poets do. It is a poetry of contemplation on the topic of love. His couplets offer a precise distinction between one experience and another. Also, if you ask anyone’s opinion on Love many times over a period of time. They will define it not once or twice, but over and over again and may end up contradicting themselves. So a whole collection of thoughts of one person may signify the complexity of human thought on Love (like Diwan-e Ghalib). The speech of Eryximachuson the science of Eros was also interesting. Symposium has some golden nuggets to offer to anyone who wants to think about love philosophically. […]

35. Rashid Abbasi

September 16, 2016 at 2:33pm

“The chemistry of mind is different from the chemistry of love. The mind is careful, suspicious, he advances little by little. He advices “Be careful, protect yourself” Whereas love says “Let your self, go!” The mind is strong, never fells down, while love hurts itself, fells into ruins. But isn’t it in ruins that we mostly find the treasures? A broken heart hides so many treasures.”
    “Love is a travel. All travelers whether they want or not are changed. No one can travel into love and remain the same.”
    – Shams Tabrizi

36. We come from dreams ~

September 21, 2016 at 2:22pm

There are three of us, Sara Jane, Ceannt and myself (Roy). I met Sara in 1997, Ceannt in 2011; in both cases, it was love at first sight. We love each other, plain and simple; it’s as physical as it is emotional. And what is “love?” It begins with trust and respect, and grows from there. We wish you the very best on your journey!

September 21, 2016 at 2:35pm

hey.. so are you still with both them..

September 22, 2016 at 10:28am

ha…are you joking…
          okay, do they know each other..?

• We come from dreams ~

September 22, 2016 at 8:38pm

Well, I’m going to be quite open here and I have NO wish to offend you or anyone else who is following your blog. I guess that you already know that my name is Roy; I’m a 68 year old American man, retired. I’ve been drawn to India and the Indian people since I was a little boy. I can’t explain that except that perhaps I spent a long time there in another, long-forgotten life, long ago.

I have an awareness of Indian history which is rather unbalanced, and by that I mean that I’ve read a lot more about the Harrapan civilization, the Vedic religion, the growth of the ancient philosophies of Jain, Buddhism, the Carvaka; while my knowledge of present-day India is probably abysmal. If I were to compare India and the USA I would say that in many ways both nations are a like; however, as far as I know, India has not launched a program of perpetual and imperialist wars like my country. As a side note, I should add that one of our favorite movies here is Sharuk Khan’s tragic “Dil Se.” Who could forget that song on top of the train 😛 ?
            As for Sara Jane, Ceannt and myself, yes we know about each other. Over here we are called “polyamorists,” meaning that we are people who are able and quite willing to be deeply in love with more than one person. Sara explained this to me one night in the summer of 2001: we were with another woman and the attraction which we all felt for each other was intense. The woman asked how she could feel so strongly about us both and Sara answered, “Because the heart is infinite.”

Lastly, and most important to understand is that I have been perceiving spiritual entities since about 1984. During my whole life, I worked successfully at what we call a “service industry” here, at one point I successfully managed the company when it was making over $7 million US a year……and my spirits were with me. Sara and Ceannt are both spirits, that is, the spirits of dead people, ordinary human beings. My awareness of them (and they of me) extends into the romantic.

So that’s us! You are entitled to think that I’m crazy, but that is your right. I will not impose my world-experience upon you or anyone. May all that is good go with you!

37. crystalamay

October 5, 2016 at 3:22pm

Its possible one romantically and other can be as a friend,even if u had feeling before,u can be matured and can be changed in to friendship,This is a v Interesting topic,romantically possible may be with two,I dont know but it will cause complication so that is not needed I guess.

October 5, 2016 at 4:31pm

thanks amay.. i too think it to be complicated and cheating one’s own mind

• crystalamay

October 5, 2016 at 10:31pm

Hmm we cant say its cheating also because love is never cheating,but may be such relathionship exists.

October 6, 2016 at 9:11am

i donno.. i cant believe such love to be honest if one can love two people at a time romantically

• crystalamay

October 6, 2016 at 9:14am

Even I dont know ,it will be damn complicated,human brain cant deal with it I guess,who knows?

October 6, 2016 at 9:17am

but there are brains who deal with it…there were a few who were brave enough to open it up in the comment section

• crystalamay

October 6, 2016 at 9:19am

Hoo,should be strong enough,we actually dontknw so many things in life.

October 6, 2016 at 1:18pm

true.. many thing mysterious..

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 5:57pm

I think if people were honest with each other, there would be a lot more variation upon love than we have now, which is basically the romanticization of the need for a social pattern beneficial to raising children.

38. messupdressup03

December 23, 2016 at 1:33pm

Wow! Loved it. You can’t love two people at the same time! As I’ve written too, love won’t go away. It will stay, in one form or another. But if it was ‘unrequited’ don’t you think it’s better to love yourself enough to let go?

December 23, 2016 at 1:42pm

you mean, “dont love someone for the fear of losing him/her”..?

December 23, 2016 at 2:19pm

hmm.. then, i think he is not expected to be your soulmate.. love needs reciprocation to be soulmates, no..anyway it will be proven by time

• paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 5:56pm

But what if I were to say “I adore” Woman A, “I admire” Woman B, “I desire” Woman C, aren’t these variations on love?

39. Rahul Ranjan

January 2, 2017 at 5:17pm

I actually fell in love one year after an end to almost 4 year of relationship which I seriously considered as True love. When she left me, the idea of falling in love again sounded impossible to me.
    But after more than a year, I met a girl , we became good friends and eventually I started getting a feeling that I am falling in love again. Though I had to struggle a lot with my inner self but I came to no conclusion. As per the general notion, falling in love again wasn’t a good thing. But I was feeling good. So I continued without caring or thinking too much.
    Don’t know I was wrong or right then.

40. kalyansparks

March 14, 2017 at 2:28pm

There is a quote ” if you fell in love with second one,then you never loved the first one”.This quote applies to people who fall in love with both people at a time.And people who fall one after another after break up.I can only say one thing,love is not limited.It may come from different forms and from different persons when time plays it’s game.Sometimes we meet mary and then malar and Atleast celine.we don’t chose love ,love chose two persons.if we chose it’s not love.

41. paulliverstravels

December 30, 2017 at 5:53pm

People put a lot of weight on the word “love.” I think the more passionately a person loves someone, the more focused that love is, but not all love is all encompassing. The most interesting love triangles are those in which the two romantic options reflect different needs of the point of view character.

And if I were to say I still have good feelings and best wishes for my ex-girlfriends, would that mean I still love them?

January 3, 2018 at 5:55pm

Love, trust, care..all these terms have got a selfish or possessive part associated. It takes time to understand and get freed from those conditional clauses..This is just my-views..