Vegetarian food or non-vegetarian food

Still the fight goes on….

———-

Do you like vegetarian food or non-vegetarian food?

I like both, but a little more inclined towards non-veg.

While having non-veg food do you think about those killed birds or animals or fish in your plate?

I never used to think about them in the past. Simply enjoyed all those yummy yummy dishes. But nowadays, I donno, I just can’t concentrate while eating chicken or fish. I just feel how good it had been if theyΒ were alive..?

I know, they will be killed/eaten by someone else even if I stopped. May be I cannot save them. (trying just to console myself ).

But these feelings haunt me a lot recently. And on the other side I just can’t stop eating non- veg completely. ( I like it too) : (

What will I do..?

How can I stop eating them..?

One thought on “Vegetarian food or non-vegetarian food

1. koolaidmoms

March 18, 2016 at 4:54pm

When my son was 3 he announced loudly in a restaurant, “Do all of these people know they are eating dead cows?” I felt awful. I wish I just could have paid for all their meals. We vascillate between vegetarian and non-vegetarian mostly by seasons. We find it easier in the Spring and summer versus the winter. All the fresh produce just looks so good.

March 30, 2016 at 7:20am

Your son made a great statement.. Definitely adorable..

2. Aishwarya

March 18, 2016 at 4:57pm

Definitely let me know the day a solution is arrived at for resolving this dilemma ! I face it too πŸ™

3. Aishwarya

March 18, 2016 at 5:00pm

Definitely let me know the day a solution is arrived at for resolving this dilemma..I face it too sometimes, bringing on a momentary guilt trip πŸ™

4. chape

March 18, 2016 at 5:14pm

I donΒ΄t know, I love chicken πŸ™‚
    Hugs

5. Rosie // Hookup Culture

March 18, 2016 at 5:18pm

I’m a vegetarian! But I still eat fish sometimes, just because I feel like I’m hungry if I don’t eat a sort of protein. Sometimes I do vegan days, too. Technically, by not eating meat there is less demand and therefore there will be less supply so the animals won’t necessarily be cooked/eaten by someone else. Try introducing it slowly into your diet, there are great meat alternatives too πŸ™‚ Even if you try being vegetarian or vegan a couple days a week and eat meat on the other it helps towards making a difference!

March 30, 2016 at 7:15am

Thanks Rosie for your wise comment.i understand that it can create a difference even if we could be a vegetarian at least for a day in a week

6. Darcy Alexander Shillingford

March 18, 2016 at 5:28pm

I went through a similar sentiment beginning last year in the summer. I knew it was a matter of time before I could not justify eating the flesh of another living being. I can’t honestly tell myself that my desire to eat meat trumps the right of a living creature to live. I don’t think my life is more valuable than the life of another sentient being. I haven’t eaten meat in 6 months now. Just my own personal perspective.

March 30, 2016 at 7:08am

You are really great. happy to know that you cautiously avoided non veg. Hope I too can..thanks a lot

7. DaisyWillows

March 18, 2016 at 6:25pm

I always feel so much better about myself eating no meat oor chicken. I make allowances for mussels and tuna and other fish but new evidence suggests that they too can feel pain -at this rate I’m going to survive on fruit! Oh wait I already do – just about – but it is all GM fruit so I am back to here I started .

March 30, 2016 at 7:04am

surviving on vegetables and fruits.. I too wish..animals can feel pain, why not plants..?

8. DaisyWillows

March 18, 2016 at 6:26pm

try quorn burgers ,sausages , chicken fillets etc.. I highly rate them

9. Send Sunshine

March 18, 2016 at 10:47pm

I wish I knew…I am hooked on poultry, forgive me. My husband and I recently took our 4-year-old granddaughter out to eat and had a side-dish of shrimp.( She does not grow up in a vegetarian household.)
    She asked what it was. I told her and her question was, “Were they alive?” I had to answer her and her reply was, “Get those away from me.” I have a feeling she will easily fit into the full vegetarian role. I will learn from her.

March 30, 2016 at 6:43am

tears of some mixed emotions in my eyes.. thanks to share your daughter’s experience..I wish i also could..

10. Teena Thomas

March 19, 2016 at 1:59am

I also face the same dilemma.I can’t help it..I love non-veg. πŸ™
    I console myself by thinking that..”oh,after all I am not eating up their food(veg),I gave them chance to live for a long time and anyhow death is inevitable.” πŸ˜› πŸ˜€
    P.S. no offence animal lovers 😐

March 30, 2016 at 6:40am

Thanks Teena.. Death is inevitable.. It’s a good thought..

11. Malenadu

March 19, 2016 at 2:45am

Do not stop just eat, rules of nature should never be questioned.

March 30, 2016 at 6:39am

Is it.. Is it the expected rules.. that’s what makes me confused..

12. Shwetha

March 19, 2016 at 3:45am

Would that you could live on the fragrance of the earth, and like an air plant be sustained by the light.
    But since you must kill to eat, and rob the newly born of its mother’s milk to quench your thirst, let it then be an act of worship.
    ………………………….
    When you kill a beast say to him in your heart,
    “By the same power that slays you, I too am slain; and I too shall be consumed.
    For the law that delivered you into my hand shall deliver me into a mightier hand.

Khalil Gibran to the rescue!

13. Sakthi

March 19, 2016 at 5:19am

If you know to control your mind, things will be fine. IF you want to stop eating, you should…

March 30, 2016 at 6:36am

hmm.. thanks Shakthi.. But controlling mind is a way of sacrificing it’s desires..

• Sakthi

March 30, 2016 at 6:39am

No it doesn’t. We just focus on keeping mind calm that’s it. Sacrifice is good if it makes others happy!

March 30, 2016 at 6:46am

True it is.. But just for an argument let me ask you..just treat your mind as another living being in yourself, then who will make it happy..?

• Sakthi

March 30, 2016 at 6:49am

It depends upon situation. Can you elaborate with example? There are 2 things which i feel personally either you be happy without hurting others or make others happy which will make both mind happy. Life is all about challenges, even the ocean has waves with ups and down, overcoming with sixth sense defines human.

• Sakthi

March 30, 2016 at 7:06am

Maybe you should be a programmer that’s why you tend to think deeper πŸ™‚

March 30, 2016 at 7:19am

hmm.. lol.. but I am not a programmer..

• Sakthi

March 30, 2016 at 7:20am

okay πŸ™‚ Testing or Finance?

• Sakthi

March 30, 2016 at 7:28am

okay πŸ™‚ That’s why you want better output for each questions you raise! You are in right place!

March 30, 2016 at 7:29am

oh.. that’s a wonderful complement…. liked it.. i am honored..

• Sakthi

March 30, 2016 at 7:31am

Keep doing with patience as a key πŸ™‚ You can achieve your goals!

14. Mann Kaundal

March 19, 2016 at 8:35am

However I am a vegetarian but I know that If everybody went vegetarian…the world will suffer from food deficit. πŸ˜‰
    So don’t worry -Do what you love and love what you are doing.

March 30, 2016 at 6:31am

oh.. my friend. this is such a wonderful and cool reply.. lots of love.. so i can continue eating non veg, tight..:)

15. davekingsbury

March 19, 2016 at 12:46pm

I feel better on my largely veg diet but crave meat occasionally – big brain, you see! Organically reared is good so they’ve had some kind of life. Hard one, though!

16. parijatshukla2014

March 19, 2016 at 11:39pm

I think one should go with what concience says. personally i feel compassion towards all living being is hallmark of humanity. Just to think that even if you dont eat killed animals others would eat is tricking yourself!
    You may like to go through a blog post on this issue at http://suketablog.wordpress.com

All the best and take care πŸ™‚

March 30, 2016 at 6:29am

Parijat, you comment is really kind..so nice of you, for treating my thoughts in a better way

17. Nitin

March 20, 2016 at 3:56am

It will be difficult ! You are in a bit of soup, I understand. I have flipped once from non-veg to veg, only to turn back to non-veg after ten years. Now getting back to veg is not easy. 😐

March 30, 2016 at 6:25am

:(. hmm.. it’s not easy.. but.. some times i feel the swimming fishes in my stomach, i could hear their cry..which makes me totally desperate… but my tongue didn’t allow me to skip them.. totally puzzled..

18. burntoast

March 20, 2016 at 4:03pm

I was vegetarian for seven years before I started including fish in my diet. I’m now a pescetarian because the only meat I eat is fish. I stopped eating animal meat or anything from a mammal because I felt guilty that I loved animals and felt that mammals had emotions. I believe that simply because they could not communicate with us did not mean that they do not have feelings. I sometimes really miss eating bacon and sometimes it is tempting to want to eat it again, but then I watch a video on the atrocities of pig food farms and how they are mistreated and I no longer have the desire to eat it. Yeah, my not eating these animals is not going to stop them from dying or living out horrible meaningless lives, but I in my own way am not contributing to their slaughter. I am not endorsing or helping to perpetuate their treatment. And thankfully there are people in this world fighting for humane treatment of these animals.

I see nothing wrong with eating animals to survive. But the food industry has become corrupt and major food farms practice all sorts of unethical ways of plumping up their chickens or so on. They are placed in sunless rooms and modified to such an extent that they are deformed and top heavy to have more breast meat. Most chickens live without ever seeing the sun, and some can’t even walk because of their modified breasts.

Perhaps, you may want to consider eating animals that are from local farmers, knowing that they at least lived a decent chicken life. πŸ™‚ Kobe beef I think give their cows massages and let them drink beer. Now that had to be one contented cow. Good luck and best of wishes–Lindsey V.

March 30, 2016 at 6:21am

Thank you Lindsey for your detailed reply.. you shared a great point . once we know how the animals are treated before and after killing, we will be forced to skip them eating. But something in me prevent me from avoiding them completely. Once in a week, I eat only veg food. That’s it, may be as it’s my ritual.

19. Tania Mukherjee

March 22, 2016 at 4:11am

I can understand, I feel the same way. I feel like I am doing something terrible but even after realising I can’t stop. I don’t like fish and don’t fancy mutton, so I can easily leave them. But chicken is giving me trouble. I have a weakness towards biryani and kebabs. I can quit all other non veg items but how can I quit these two?

March 30, 2016 at 6:09am

HMM.. donno what to do. if i get an answer, i will share with you too

20. eVowlive

March 22, 2016 at 6:21pm

Some say we didn’t climbed to the top of food chain to become a vegetarian.. I will say if you would have understood their lang would you still kill them?

21. Tanya

March 23, 2016 at 10:09am

you know what i also feel same i just cant stop eating non-veg but sometimes i think i should leave eating non veg because they are also living being but i cant control so please if u find an answer plz inform me tooo.

March 30, 2016 at 5:45am

ha ha.. same pinch.. Will let you know if I get an answer

March 30, 2016 at 6:41am

ha ha.. me too could not manage to give them up completely.. once in a week i am a vegetarian fully.

23. Xeno

March 30, 2016 at 10:25am

I say a prayer thanking the earth for allowing me to convert the fish into vital life energy. though i wish i could keep up with life’s demands without depending on animal protein… lamb does help my heart out, i must say. πŸ™‚

24. Shalini

March 31, 2016 at 5:48pm

Dear Akhila,
    I understand your situation, i though, being a Vegetarian entirely now had same conscience call that really pitied those innocent animals i ate. I suggest you not to be so hard on yourself as habits are something need to be replaced with new ones. So, start with eating and keeping your plate with veg. & non- veg and slowly increase the amount of former and decrease that of latter. I am sure you’ll be able to get rid of non veg without restraining them completely.

since half of the battle is won as your conscience being aware of the thing that hurts many, it’s now your habit and taste buds that need change. Go ahead am sure you’ll win πŸ™‚

April 1, 2016 at 4:10am

Thanks a lot Shalini for wishing my taste buds to win the battle. You had commented in very detail which makes me so happy to understand the scenario.

26. typicalteenager76

April 1, 2016 at 7:26pm

I feel like this too! Omg it’s not just me,most people are like,why haven’t you just turned vegetarian then and im just like it’s not that easy,then I feel guilty,check out my blog too? X

April 2, 2016 at 1:34pm

thanks friend for sharing the same views. Glad to meet you. will definitely check your blog. have a good day

27. Sudhir Suvarna

April 19, 2016 at 5:30pm

This has always been a dilemma. However, I can’t resist chicken. I hope God will forgive for being responsible of murder of so many chickens in my life.

April 19, 2016 at 5:32pm

ha ha.. people advise me to simply ignore those emotional part and to simply go with the taste of my tongue. so still I am continuing to be a non vegetarian.

June 13, 2016 at 7:39pm

yeah.. i still continue to be a non veg regretfully.. but can’t avoid it fully..:(

29. pins & ashes

June 14, 2016 at 12:19am

You really think a lot alle, Akhila! Haven’t had such qualms yet.. Have friends who have had, and started being vegetarian.. up to you.

June 14, 2016 at 9:30am

thanks Ash.. my thoughts, yes it drives me to write…and the main junk is still unwritten…happy to know about your friends as it gives me some hope..

• pins & ashes

June 14, 2016 at 9:31am

And they have no qualms whatsoever about turning into a different food habit! And neither do they discourage any of us meat eaters to leave what’s on the plate. πŸ™‚

30. lovingyourselfweb

July 22, 2016 at 11:21pm

I am vegetarian and I am not against non vegetarians . I love animals and I feel the same as you . But if you love non veg you can go for it occasionally as by nature we are omnivorous or if you regret then take a decision and go for it…. πŸ™‚

July 23, 2016 at 12:16pm

thank you.. yes I regret after eating.. but still not in a position to avoid it.. I love the taste too.

• lovingyourselfweb

July 23, 2016 at 1:04pm

Haha… Even if you give up eating non-veg after a point of time you will regret that too… So just go with the flow πŸ™‚

• veganplateblog

August 10, 2016 at 9:03am

i totally agree! being a vegan and vegetarian is awesome! it is a very slow process and even just eating less meat or dairy is an amazing change to our community πŸ™‚ glad you see it the way i do!

31. rinaldigotama

August 1, 2016 at 4:24pm

I stopped eating meat after a trip to India + accidentally watching PETA videos. After the videos I just realized the pain and grew the feeling of empathy toward the animals – I guess you should try that.

August 1, 2016 at 4:36pm

yes.. i can much to that.. but the animal cruelty wont be ended with you or me stopping eating them

• rinaldigotama

August 1, 2016 at 4:40pm

that’s true – but at least you are taking an action for a good cause (and a plus if you help raise awareness to others). It’s like a presidential election – one vote of yours technically doesn’t matter in a pool of millions, but at least you are contributing your voice rather than keeping silent.

August 1, 2016 at 4:50pm

that’s absolutely correct.. and thanks a lot for your input

32. veganplateblog

August 10, 2016 at 9:00am

Veganism all the way! It has so many benefits! And I hope many others start to see that also!

33. hangrydesign

August 13, 2016 at 11:06pm

I find it interesting that people will stop eating meat for the fact they don’t want animals to suffer. However, very few people stop eating meat for their own personal health reasons. Humans can be such selfish beings, but when it comes to food… we won’t consider our own health as an influence to stop eating meat. Don’t get me wrong, I will eat some meat here or there, but in limited quantities. Maybe you should consider slowly cutting meat out of your diet, instead of taking a huge leap to cut it out all at once -> Moderation is Key.
    Food for thought.

August 13, 2016 at 11:08pm

i agree to you that instead of taking a huge leap, i need to slow it down.. even though i feel guilty after eating, just cant stop it.. that’s what confusing me..
      thanks a lot for being here..

• hangrydesign

August 13, 2016 at 11:24pm

Understood, you are likely in the contemplation part of making this transition. You are still thinking and trying to figure everything out. Try treating meat more as a garnish to your meal, instead of the main dish, that could help to relieve some of your guilt and help you transition to eating less meat. As you find new foods (without meat) that satisfy your cravings, you will eat less meat. At some point you eventually physically feel ill after eating meat and that will stop you from going back. That is what happened to me and beef… I love the way it tastes, but I hate the way I feel afterward. Once your body catches up with your mind, it will be easier to do. Moral of the story, give it time. Everything comes in time, it doesn’t happen over night. Until then, start finding new, tasty recipes to swap out your old meals. Most importantly, keep moving forward and don’t get discouraged if you “fall off the bandwagon.” Get back on the wagon at the next meal or the next day. You will eventually get there.

August 14, 2016 at 7:33am

thanks a lot. it was the reply which i wanted…i posted it months back.. and still now there is no much change in my eating habits..but your words really inspire me.. so i am leaving it to time.. let it happen..

• hangrydesign

August 14, 2016 at 8:10am

You are very welcome. Remember to assess each day, think about what you can do differently to get you to your ultimate goal. Even if it means reflecting after you eat. Consider what you could have done differently to help you feel better about eating moving forward. Just remember, you can’t change the past. Best of luck!

34. Mack

August 19, 2016 at 12:09am

Now a days they have so many wonderful “meat substitutes” for vegans and vegetarians. I know a lot of people feel morally convicted about these things, so sometimes the occasional substitute can help! I don’t eat meat, but I do eat seafood and prefer mostly vegetarian options (but this is more for general health than conviction). Thanks for opening up the conversation!

August 19, 2016 at 8:45am

thanks mack for being here….i think i will have to go with those occasional substitutes.

August 26, 2016 at 11:57am

glad to hear this.. so let me know if you come across some tips

• crystalamay

August 26, 2016 at 12:16pm

Its so funny if u hear it,I hav reduced eating chicken to some extend but I will have the gravy and I cant give up on kabab and fish,wat can I do I think about those poor animals but im helpless.

August 26, 2016 at 12:23pm

hmm.. i am just leaving it as such now.. my friend told me that she stopped eating non- veg completely on a day. and no more interested now..i wish there will be a day for me too..

• crystalamay

August 26, 2016 at 12:25pm

Itried to reduce little by little and I dnt have plans to give up fully,bec sometimes I feel,there is only one life snd I should eat what I like in other side those animals, its a dilemma.

August 26, 2016 at 12:27pm

yeah.. there is a dilemma…someone told me, dont think me too much

August 26, 2016 at 11:48am

in plants they are storing their extra food in fruits and all.. and mainly we are consuming that extra food..i agree that there are cases where we kill the plants as whole like spinach…
    better not to think more…leaving it to time..

36. vicky

August 26, 2016 at 11:52am

I am a non vegetarian born in a vegetarian family. Once when my cousin broached the topic of how animals are slaughtered for the sake of my happiness, I told him to he needs to stop
    wearing his favourite leather shoes and belts, using leather wallets,
    buying his gf silk sarees,
    killing cockroaches with hit,
    eating vegetables and rice for they are also uprooted for the sake of tummy’s joy, even stop breathing because when he inhales he kills a lot of microorganisms
    all lives matter

August 26, 2016 at 12:00pm

the intelligent reply…you seems to be clever today..just kidding.
      romance and intelligence go hand in hand…..

August 26, 2016 at 11:56am

good tips.. I am doing everything except the last point…

39. theonlysup

August 26, 2016 at 5:36pm

Eat what u feel is good for health. If tiger thinks it will hurt deer if I kill it , one day tiger will die out of hunger or malnutrition.. I like veg.. I eat all nutritious food. Occasionally chicken.. Now if u find something nutritious u can try that.. Don’t think too much πŸ˜‰

August 26, 2016 at 6:09pm

hmm.. you are also telling the same ” dont think too much..”” ohkay…

• theonlysup

August 26, 2016 at 6:12pm

U want me to tell think too much cry aloud and fall into depression thinking u killed an animal … Entha scene.. Haha πŸ˜‰

August 26, 2016 at 10:51pm

i may think too much, but keeping the crying and depression apart.

40. myheartbeats4ublog

August 26, 2016 at 5:52pm

poor akhila..what happened to her. hope she recovers fast… praying on behalf of all those veg/non-vegetarians

41. honestme363

August 26, 2016 at 6:08pm

I always thank the animal for giving its life to put food on my table. And say ‘I wish your next life to be free of pain and suffering’. It’s a small consolation, but I find if I don’t include meat in my diet, I feel hungry all the time.

42. kiranmag

August 26, 2016 at 6:08pm

Though I am a veg I feel its because of the cannines humans are suited for eating meat and are omniverous too. So dont take any tension Akila..Do what you feel right?

August 26, 2016 at 10:54pm

thanks kiran..no tension.. i am just leaving it as such..

43. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder

August 26, 2016 at 7:02pm

I like both veg and non-veg, but just like you, I’m a tad more inclined to non-veg. Well, you can console yourself in this way, that, it has long been proved even plants are alive, they response to external stimuli, they grow et cetera… so even veg-loving people are technically “killing” while eating… πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

August 26, 2016 at 10:45pm

hmm.. true that vegn. are also technically killing while eating..thanks maniparna

August 26, 2016 at 10:43pm

“If you think negative as wrong it will tempt you more”.. i liked this….a harsh reality..

August 26, 2016 at 10:46pm

oh…you mean you could be a coconut tree

46. writeshefali

August 27, 2016 at 2:42am

U are still justifying your eating by saying anyways they will be slaughtered so what’s the point of only me not eating…so continue to eat n don’t feel guilty about it…there will come a day when you will conclude I am not going to eat them, because I don’t want to be the cause of some animal dying…I struggle with it too…not there yet…

August 27, 2016 at 8:45am

thanks shefali.. glad to know that you are also struggling.. he he

47. 2ndhalfolife

August 27, 2016 at 3:54am

Been a vegetarian/vegan for almost 40 years (am 60 now). Started in college where I started to take animal industry classes. It clinched it for me. Yes, it’s a moral issue for me for sure, but also a global issue. Please watch Cowspiracy on Netflix…. Thanks.

August 27, 2016 at 8:47am

ha ha..thanks namrata for reminding me on chicken legs..

August 27, 2016 at 2:09pm

hmm.. true.. i am glad to meet more such people having that dilemma.. atleast, i am not alone, no..;)

August 27, 2016 at 2:16pm

true…thanks prashant….and did you ever try to escape from that fake belief..?

August 28, 2016 at 1:37pm

ha ha…anyway, i didnt take that off week..but i do on every mondays..

53. tdubhomecook

August 30, 2016 at 5:58pm

I called myself a “vegequarian” – I only eat veggies & seafood. There is nothing wrong loving your meats because I believe human do have a balance of eating meats & vegetables. So don’t feel bad at all! Do what’s right for your body!

August 30, 2016 at 10:20pm

my body demands non-veg, but mind seems a bit reluctant..lol
      thanks for your words..

August 31, 2016 at 9:08am

ha ha…i liked your 2:1 rule… then i think, it will be 1:2 for me..

54. healthymealsweb

September 3, 2016 at 7:03am

We’re born with the digestive system for both veg & non-veg food.
    So I feel why should we limit to veggies.

September 3, 2016 at 10:13am

hmm..true.. the ever best justification..

55. Naynesh Pasari's Blog

September 6, 2016 at 1:29pm

I really like chicken but dilemma my family doesn’t eat so it isn’t cooked.
    But I get you point of living animals being killed. A person once told me coz of me they are killed but I said I hardly ever get to eat chicken, she said but you do at times create demand. My reply was its anyways going to be cooked as many others require it every day

September 6, 2016 at 2:02pm

ha ha.. the same justification which I offer my mind , they will be cooked even if i stop eating…

56. Mariam Sodawater

September 17, 2016 at 7:50pm

Very politely,
    Vegetables are also alive , you put them in soil and they will grow. Why Eat those poor thing when they can grow and see their off springs.

Milk, we drink is food of calf.
    Every seed we eat can live and grow into a tree if not eaten.

It’s just vegetable have shorter life and don’t bleed so we are okay about eating it.

Animals and Vegetable both are equally alive. Both are food. Both needs care, water, food, air, whether in garden or in pot or in farm.
    We raise them all. I’m only against wasting them, not eating them and throwing them in dustbin which certainly they don’t deserve. When you eat them they live as part of your body but when you through them in dustbin. They rot.

September 18, 2016 at 9:10pm

i just liked your views a lot..especially this one “When you eat them they live as part of your body but when you through them in dustbin. They rot.”…just feel comfortable with your words.

57. Mariam Sodawater

September 17, 2016 at 7:52pm

I didn’t read all the comments, they were so many but I respect everyones belief so no one’s offended.

September 18, 2016 at 9:06pm

thanks mariam.if we have a mind to understand and respect others, things will easier to interpret.

58. adsunsri

September 19, 2016 at 10:07pm

At the very outset Akila, I had a tough time to manoeuvre to the bottom of the page, that shows that you have indeed stirred up a hornet’s nest with this forever hot debate..
    I have two quick solutions for the quandary that seems to plaguing you..here they are..
    Many intellects (both past and present) were vegetarians from Pythagoras to Einstein to Bernard shawto Tolstoy to Gandhi…to me, by chance and by choice (self proclaimed intellectual)all die hard veggies, and two, do not make your stomach a tomb for the dead and the decayed matter.
    And so the debate continues…

September 20, 2016 at 10:36am

heartily welcoming your words on this debate. ..;)
      ha ha.. even if you are vegetarian, it becomes a tomb of the dead, dead plants.. isnt it..

• adsunsri

September 20, 2016 at 6:00pm

I knew this was coming…anyways we all add to the fossils both within and outside:-)

59. mbtiloveit

September 27, 2016 at 3:22am

Hmm, interesting. Though everything eventually dies, so it’s okay. No matter fruit or vegetable, meat or egg. We’re all part of the same system. So even if you classify it (which is at times necessary) we’re all part of the same Earth and everything gets recycled, even you. You become part of something else. The circle of life, man. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference and what you want to do with the statement you’re making – because vegetarianism is a statement, definitely. But are you doing for good? Or are you doing it to be cool?

60. mbtiloveit

September 28, 2016 at 10:01am

Haha, that’s good. I don’t judge people on their dietary preferences. I just read a lot about them. Haha. One thing I’d recommend for the debate is “Consider the Lobster” by David Foster Wallace. It’s very thought provoking, though long. Good luck being vegetarian! Also, thank you for following my blog!

September 28, 2016 at 1:50pm

thanks for your recommendation..have a good day

61. brie.it.on

October 8, 2016 at 11:15pm

Interesting debate. Veg vs. Non-Veg. I like both as well, and believe that a balance between the two is best for me.

62. quercuscommunity

October 9, 2016 at 2:11am

Whatever you do, don’t make yourself miserable about it and don’t let people tell you what you should be eating. You will eventually find a balance.

October 9, 2016 at 2:04pm

thanks a lot for your thoughtful words..ya..need to find that balance.let it happen naturally..

63. Idle Muser

November 2, 2016 at 10:42am

I consider myself lucky in this case as I am vegetarian. Though I eat egg, but that is like two or three days in a month.
    This dilemma is hard to refrain to. No answers on how to get rid of it.

64. foodiebuff

November 10, 2016 at 7:02am

TO eat or to not, what I feel is there is no point shunning it unless you really want to go vegan. Its only possible when one feels herself/himself and not under some social influence. Till then happy eating πŸ™‚

November 10, 2016 at 2:25pm

hey.. thank you so much.. for the first time, i am getting a ” happy eating ” comment…;)

December 12, 2016 at 9:47am

When I happened to attend a discourse on consciousness, a question that asked ‘are you happy eating dead bodies’ continue to haunt me. I started indulging more often in non-vegetarian delicacies post marriage, so it became a bigger dilemma. Has this post helped you choose between the two or are you – like me – still in a dilemma?

66. forkandveg

December 19, 2016 at 8:13am

Research what animal agriculture is doing to our planet. This changed me into adopting a plant-based diet. Good luck!

December 19, 2016 at 9:08am

thanks for your input. hmm, need to know more on this animal agriculture

67. Go Food Wine Travel

February 10, 2017 at 7:04am

It’s about the balance. I’m on day 9 to vegetarian (ovo-lacto) but I can’t wait to have KFC on valentine’s day~ Lol. But I think i’ve found some peace knowing that i’m not eating as much meat as i use to~

February 10, 2017 at 8:17am

That’s a great step you have taken. Atleast You are consciously doing it..

68. Emily Mays

February 22, 2017 at 7:05am

If you are passionate about not eating meat, then you will be able to do so, without temptation. And I guarantee you will have a new appreciation for food, animals and the environment. Gandhi once said “be the change you wish to see in the world”. You may only be one person, but you are one of many. You will undoubtably make a difference if you chose to become vegetarian, within your own life, the lives of others and in the world. Highly recommend!

February 22, 2017 at 10:38am

Thanks Emily for your inspiring Words . but may i ask you one thing, don’t plants feel pain

69. Spicy Chopsticks

February 22, 2017 at 8:46am

I think it really comes down to how your conscience guides your decision-making. In my mind I know that animals are killed and processed to feed my family so it doesn’t deter me from enjoying an animal-based meal. Hope your conscience guides you in the right direction πŸ™‚

70. hemaramnarain

February 24, 2017 at 7:10pm

Hello Akhila,

I am a vegetarian, but I did eat non veg years ago….I gradually became veg after my yoga course..and i will just tell u that this is a process…even if you eating non veg but you respect your environment and are conscious about living a righteous life…you will be able to resist to your tempation with time…

and btw..you can still make the veggie food taste as chatpatta as the non veg ones πŸ™‚

Tc be well…Check out my page for some veggies meal ideas…

February 26, 2017 at 11:49am

Thanks hema..i liked your gradual way of escape from the non veg trap.. Will check your blog soon

71. The Untourists

February 27, 2017 at 9:57am

I go through the same thoughts and thankfully it has led me to cutting down on veg a lot, especially sea food. Somewhere, perhaps trying to console myself, I feel animals farmed for eating are better than stealing them from the wild πŸ™

72. loveandumami

February 28, 2017 at 9:17pm

This might sound a bit harsh, but life eats life. No organism, no matter if it is plant or animal, can survive without the death of other organisms. I think native and indigenous peoples, and those more closely connected to their food source are able to reconcile this fact more easily. I feel the guilt comes from the way food is mass produced. It is one thing to consume an animal that has had a free and complete life up to the moment of its death, but another thing entirely to consume an animal that has spent its life in a cage. Mass produced vegetables and grains do not come without a cost of life either. Large swaths of land are set aside for one crop, creating an ecological desert where few species can live. I don’t feel the guilt should come from whether or not you are eating animals. Our collective guilt should stem from our disconnect with the earth and our food, and the sheer volume of environmental degradation and harm caused by eating food items that result from large scale agriculture. Hardly any of us can avoid this, but we can try to be more conscious about where our food is coming from and how it came to our table.

February 28, 2017 at 10:13pm

That’s really a thoughtful response.. If the environment is not sustained what’s the point in worrying about all this..

73. savitha

March 1, 2017 at 1:46pm

You should ultimately like what you’re eating. The satisfaction that you get after eating your favorite food is priceless. That’s the only practical purpose of our life! If you have developed a disliking for non veg better leave it for sometime and start with veg only diet. Maybe your body needs a change!

74. kalyansparks

March 10, 2017 at 10:34pm

I think there should be rehabilitation centres even for Non veg eaters like us,May be then we may stop thinking about KFC and fishes

75. Shweta Suresh

March 19, 2017 at 11:43pm

I came across this post today. I completely gave up nearly two years ago because I felt bad that certain animals were forced to give up their life so that they could end up as my meal. To this day, I’ve never felt any compulsion to go back to being a non-vegetarian. I still continue to be a steadfast vegetarian-by-choice and I know that I’ll never eat meat again. But the moment I say this, many people shoot questions at me. “What will you do if only meat was available?”, “Do you think there’ll be a difference just because you stopped?” and so on. But I think that something like this should be a personal decision. Because of that, I don’t force people to give up meat. (But I give hell to those who force me to go back to eating meat!)
    Maybe, just maybe, I’ll write a blog post about this issue one day πŸ™‚ I owe you for giving me this idea!