The chatty girl

By | August 30, 2016

Ding..ding.. Someone is ringing the bell.. While opened the door, I found my neighbour little girl. The red apple cheeks reminded me of my childhood days, playing all around.  She was playing outside since it being a holiday. She wanted some water, that’s why called me.  I thought she will be going to play again after having water.

But to my surprise she just stood there after having water. So I couldn’t get back to my work. I just enquired on her schooling and all. And then she opened her chatter box.

She started to tell me about her school, teachers, classes, friends…she never had a full stop. She was talking non-stop, linking one thing to another even though I didn’t ask much.

I thought she will be demanding one more glass of water..;)

She was least bothered whether I was listening or not. (may be she felt that she was talking to someone of her same age ;).. )She was just releasing all her thoughts and continued with her story.

She had an art of letting go of her thoughts and words in the way she wanted. And I felt I had a lot to study from her. So I didn’t tell her to stop even though there were works awaiting my attention.

125 thoughts on “The chatty girl

1. Sha'Tara

So sweet… and you too, for being there to listen. Obviously she needed someone to talk to, to release. Wonderful life anecdote.

2. theonlysup

Kids are like that.. They keep telling all their activities.. While its good to keep sharing and not suppress ,make sure u listen as well.. Cheers 🙂

thanks Sup…yaa.. we need to have that patience to listen to those innocent hearts..

3. crystalamay

Tats so sweet,being adults we will put a full stop almost all the time bec we feel that what others will think but childrn dont as they are innocent ones
    🙂

absolutely true…kids are least bothered. they wont stand in others shoe…and that’s why there is no end to their imaginary..

4. Josh

Child is the father of the Man! So guilty feel to learning, unlearn and learn 🙂 they are awe-inspiring stage of human being 🙂 Thanks for sharing! Good Day! 🙂
    Lov
    Josh

good morning Josh..we just need to open our eyes and ears, to learn from them…

5. vicky

one of the most confusing moments of life where I have no clue who’s more amazing .. the girl who opened up, the woman who listened or/and both

thanks, sorry.. just a few official/formal words..isnt it..?

6. writenlive

Ah! The innocence of childhood! There are so many things that children teach us if only we listen from the heart.

absolutely true.. we , the so called grown ups wear a mask of impatience and pay least attention to such trivialities…

true…we were all like that.. and now, seems missing that innocent way of attracting people….

yaa.. talking about everything under the sun as seen by her eyes.. it was lovely evening for me..

7. achchagam

I gave the translation to my poem.. yet you dint say anything 🙁 BTW u can ignore approving this comment 😀

but…yesterday it was easy for me to catch it from the reader.. but now i have no clue where to check it in your page…
      it would have been better if you kept you posts in the home page, instead of a static page.. just an opinion…

8. pins & ashes

Remember MIB, the trials where Will Smith is recruited? It was a small girl with a big fat book on neuroscience who turned out to be the alien, not any of those other gross looking monsters and adults.

1. pins & ashes

Such a sweet looking innocent girl of 10 in a pink frock or was it yellow, she had golden hair tied into piggy tails

1. pins & ashes

Though his body says stop
            His spirit cries, never!

All the films that came after .. Have the same theme, same kind of making of the body fitter, same kind of reserve. Heard zinda from bhag milka?

2. vicky

no ..never Indian .. when I was into boxing I used to practice listening to those songs… there’s a song called traveling soldier the video is crap the audio is good

yaa.. infact she had to leave on hearing her mother’s voice.. otherwise, she wouldnt have an end to her thoughts…

free entertainment package.. ha ha i liked it..

true that kids crave for warmth and attention

1. Varsh

We expect people to be kind and well-behaved right? The foundation begins from childhood itself. If we are mean or blunt with them, they may end up doing the same when they grow up.

1. vicky

too many innocents around .. you’re hearing this for the first time aren’t you

1. vicky

ha ha I know right.. I feel excited when I teach someone something new .. that too to some well read one like you . don’t even ask

11. Shalini Sharrma

You did that right Akhila. Maybe, she needs an outlet of her happiness and to spread the love with you. The moral is worth mentioning ‘let go’, you always keep your thinking hat on. You never told you have a formulae to be child again. Share with me too. 😛 😀

exactly…and it’s a sad truth to admit that I am not a child anymore..

13. Nadine

That’s so sweet <3 little children are the best especially little girls. Sometimes I prefer the company of little children than the adults as they are more innocent and can make you laugh

14. unsaid words

Therebare a lot we can learn from small kids you know ,they teach us genuinely share things and let things go

your ‘unsaid words’, really catch my eyes..will definitely check it out..

true…it’s a sad reality that we cannt be child anymore whatever we say..

15. Jackie Jain

Yes. Children are so cute and sweet so we can’t say a no to them. They need someone to talk with and release out what’s their in their mind. Where as on the other hands adults think a 100 times before talking and what to talk and what not. Childhood is so simple. I hope you enjoyed the experience.
    And yea, work can wait. Have a good time. 🙂

16. 187puneet

Little kids are like that. They have innocence. They don’t care what world is gonna think about them. As we grow up, that innocence gets lost and we get more aware of the world. This changes the way we talk and think. It was nice of you. Even I would have done the same. 🙂

17. Hari

So, what’s the moral of the story, do not give water to a thirsty kid? 🙂

18. prashantt

Haahaa….ding ding..i like it,its so sweet even my landlord is having two lil kids and the moment i stepped in at evening after office hrs they just open their chatter box of full day doings…sometimes its irritating but i like it because it just reminds me my childhood.

true that..we cannt escape from these these chatterbox ..a kind of pulling us towards them.. may be a nostalgic connection..

19. myheartbeats4ublog

Cheers akhila…I got shooed away once or twice when I tried chatting with my neighbour aunty when I was a kid…only if all were as patient as you