Woman – Kitchen lovers..?

Thought to give an extra emphasis on this……

If you are the cook at home, make it fast.

Just find out the unseen extra time.
Use your time more productively.
Make new wonders in the world!!

————————————————————————————————————-

Do you think that woman are kitchen lovers..? Normally it is assumed that kitchen is the woman’s place. It’s just a job which anyone can do irrespective of the gender. If a woman does it, it is a favor or a service which she does for her family. I don’t hate cooking, neither do I like to spend more than an hour in kitchen at a go.

Blindly, it is assumed to be the responsibility of a woman to feed her family. In a sense it’s okay as it is a female opportunity to please her hungry dear ones. Hmm!! it is good. I really feel loved when my family enjoys my cooking (at least when they pretend so 😉 ). And I won’t allow any maid to have that opportunity. 🙂

Now coming to the other side,
My dear girl friends, please listen…

Never spend your whole day in kitchen.
IMG-20150916-WA0031
Have your own plan . For me it is one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening for cooking. (And definitely might have to spend more time during special events, which I don’t mind) So just list out your activities which you do in a normal day and check how much time you spend for each activity.

Now ask yourself
1. Do you spend at least an hour in a day with your family?
2. Do you spend at least an hour in a day for yourself (yoga, prayers, meditation, body care etc) ?
3. Do you have at least an hour in a day to make yourself relaxed (playing with your kid, gardening, reading etc) ?

The list goes on. You can add your own checkpoints. And don’t you feel pretty bad if the answers are ‘No’ .

If you spend your whole time for cooking, cleaning, washing, office etc, how can you come out of the monotonous life ?

This is a fast growing world and there are many techniques to make your work easier, only thing is we need to think about it. Find it out and enjoy the varieties of the world.

Routine activities are least concerned by your family ( And of course, the most concerned, if not done.. $$##@@). But if you want changes, if you want challenges, come out of the routine world and make your day varying.

So if you are the cook, make it fast.

Just find out the unseen extra time.
Use your time more productively.
Make new wonders in the world!!

One thought on “Woman – Kitchen lovers..?

1. ANM7

November 18, 2015 at 2:13pm

Very good post Akhila. You broke it all down nicely. Very practical and I’m certain there are a lot of “some ones” who are waiting for a reflection, assessing where there time goes, and wishing, a hungering for something better in their lives beside OCD type preoccupativeness with menial life.

November 19, 2015 at 12:46pm

I am so glad that you liked it. Always we complain of lack of time. And forget to analyze why it is lost.

• ANM7

November 19, 2015 at 2:26pm

You are so right, one would think that “to apply one’s self” to a existing problem was a government held secret.

2. jncthedc

November 18, 2015 at 5:30pm

We will never “have” enough time in the day. We must “create” the time. To have and enjoy a life of BALANCE we must create time for ourselves. I agree with you completely.

November 19, 2015 at 12:43pm

Thank so much. As you said, we need to create the time. Time won’t come in front of us, saying ‘use me’. It is we who have to create the opportunities.

3. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder

November 19, 2015 at 12:23pm

Every woman has right to enjoy her time in her own ways. Of course, I’m not undermining the culinary art, but we have so many other activities as you’ve said..:-) Discovering new realms and making new wonders… 🙂

Nicely penned…

4. bisimodupe1975

November 19, 2015 at 3:17pm

Kitchen work…haa! Sometimes i wish someone would help me do the cooking especially after a hard day’s work. Having time for myself is something i must work on. Thanks for sharing Akhila

November 20, 2015 at 5:00am

Thank you so much. We all wish to have time for ourself and rarely practice. We need to come out of those obstacles as early as possible

5. honestme363

November 25, 2015 at 4:26am

Great post Akhila! I was just thinking the other day ‘what is the point of spending so much time preparing a meal when it is devoured in seven minutes!’ (Does my family eat fast?) And I love your comment ‘time won’t come in front of us saying use me’ that was spectacular!

November 25, 2015 at 7:12am

I am so glad that you liked it..Also as you said, there is no point in spending so much time preparing a meal.

December 18, 2015 at 3:28pm

Thank you so much. I’m glad that you enjoyed it..

6. Megha Agrawal

May 8, 2016 at 5:27pm

That’s a very practical advice you are suggesting and I totally agree with you. I enjoy cooking for my family but I make sure I have time for myself doing things that I enjoy doing.

May 9, 2016 at 3:58am

I am glad with your words.. Also happy that you are managing time for personal care.. Self love is the first thing which we need if we need to love others.

7. Opinionated Man

May 10, 2016 at 7:41am

I get this is the norm. I guess I am strange… because I do the cooking. I do the cleaning. I have yet to have a woman cook for me routinely… ever…

May 10, 2016 at 9:43am

oh.. so such people are also alive there in this earth.. he he lol..

you are really great:)

May 10, 2016 at 9:52am

kidus…keep continuing, let your women take rest.. he he lol..;)

• theonlysup

September 17, 2016 at 9:43am

I see OM responding here.. U wil always get. A different perspective from him 😉

September 17, 2016 at 10:27am

You are absolutely right..in fact so glad to know that he is not reluctant to be a kitchen maker..

8. Mr. Housewife | Words and Notion

June 12, 2016 at 2:10pm

[…] Women are not kitchen lovers (Exceptions could be there who are passionate on cooking). Who had put that crown of home making upon her head without her permission? […]

• pins & ashes

June 13, 2016 at 2:15pm

Akhila, I liked what you said, everyone, be it man or woman should take time out to relax, work, rest and not be mono-focussed on a daily basis! Otherwise, it is difficult for anyone of us to function and to think coherently!

But that said, the domain of the kitchen becomes crucial because of how it is perceived among us. When I go visit my brother over the weekends many ask, so what you cooking for him.. I would often smile and say, he is the one who cooks for me because I stay in a hostel the entire week on mess food. But then I will soon regret saying what I said, because of the tons of wows and exclamations that come my way! we have been doing this ever since we were kids.. part of growing up, and we grew up to be like this!

June 13, 2016 at 2:22pm

you are lucky yo have that loving brother..enjoy my dear..and often we hear this wows when ‘he’ category is the cook..

• pins & ashes

June 13, 2016 at 2:24pm

but you wont believe it, it is very normal in my home and extended family to have men cook, daily.. we all wonder why the hoohaa about it!

June 13, 2016 at 2:28pm

good ash.. i am really glad to hear this..but you know, it is not at all the common trend even if the situations are getting changed nowadays

9. theonlysup

September 17, 2016 at 9:37am

I talk mostly irrespective of genders . what u said about distributing the time for different activities is agreeable there by you see different shades of life. You respect your body your mind. Taking a break from routine work refreshes your soul re energize u to carry out new activity efficiently. Keeps your mind occupied and doesn’t allow unwanted thoughts to enter.
    I always feel when a women cook she always adds and serves her love and care that’s the reason we love homemade food.
    Good post as usual akhila.. Ah I’m always late in responding to ur post 🙁

September 17, 2016 at 3:51pm

There is a great point in what you said.. When love and care is added in correct proportion along with other ingredients , the food prepared is awesome….
      Always your comments are motivating me, late or not…

• theonlysup

September 17, 2016 at 3:53pm

Thanks akhila.. Somehow there is a good exchange of thoughts

September 17, 2016 at 10:29am

Thanks a lot pritam bhai..hope you are doing good

11. Josh

September 17, 2016 at 11:10am

Athe “Nala Pagam” ennanu term.. I suspect this women took over the kitchen !! Poor we.

September 17, 2016 at 1:18pm

U meant’ nala pachakam’…he he,i was thinking on this pagam….

• Josh

September 17, 2016 at 1:27pm

Paagam.. nnu oru prayogam ille.. uppu pagathinu.. aah pagam 😀

12. vibesofacalcuttan

September 17, 2016 at 1:00pm

Yes exactly 🙂 My mom follows this routine too. She does almost all her cooking in the morning, and the rest of the day she indulges in her own work along with other work at home. I’m glad she finds time to pursue what interests her.

September 17, 2016 at 1:13pm

Hats of to your mother…it is very essential to find time and space for one’s own interests

13. mylittlepursuitsofhappyness

September 17, 2016 at 2:41pm

Its the bitter truth that most women spend time for themselves only in the kitchen.. i really dont know when am gonna get some time out of the kitchen

September 17, 2016 at 3:42pm

Noone else can help us to be freed from kitchen…need to take a conscious decision…

14. sarahngima77

September 17, 2016 at 4:03pm

I think I spend 3 hours in the kitchen, morning, midday, and evening. Would I be happy if the hours were slashed? I would.

15. parijat shukla

September 17, 2016 at 7:32pm

compared to your pervious strange post (the unquenchable thirst), you should get nobel prize for this post ☺

September 18, 2016 at 9:04pm

hey crazy guy, why am I not able to take your site,..?

17. Shalini Sharrma

September 18, 2016 at 11:59pm

Too good a thought Akhila, proud to say i read your posts 🙂 Lately, i too realized that women are and should not confined to kitchen most of the time and then regret they sacrificed their self for others, leaving their dreams unrealized. In my house am the cook, so what i personally follow is to be quick and spend less yet quality time with my kitchen so as none can complain but when every other time you’re interrupted amid your time, it feels like such irritation. But yes, it’s a choice a woman/girl makes if she wants to be something in life, she has to take that extra and smart efforts for herself and specially to take care of her own self.

Write more often like this 🙂

September 19, 2016 at 10:05am

good morning shals…thanks a lot for your encouraging words. and it is a wonder for me to know that you are the cook at home..you are right, we need to be quicker and smarter and offering the best of ours.

19. Nisthur Anadi

September 21, 2016 at 7:28pm

This is your post I have read earlier.
    I salute to working women that’s all I could say !

I bow my head with heart felt respect for them .

The way you guys handle both the world it’s possible by either Goddesses or by you.

20. themissshweta

September 24, 2016 at 8:53am

Your post reminded me a scene from my fav movie English Vinglish where Sridevi says – if men cooks it’s an art but if female does it’s her duty?
    Great tips there dear…I’m sure I’ll keep this in my mind and Manage my kitchen schedule:)

September 24, 2016 at 1:03pm

yaa.. sridevi is shooting the right question…
      and if we, women are the cook, we just need to keep it in mind. cooking should not be treated as the sole responsibility.. we need to find time of our own self too

21. The Zodiac Tree

June 7, 2017 at 5:10am

I’m the momma of our Kitchen, which I prefer although I may be getting replaced soon by one of our sons who loves to cook and his specialty is baking. Which by then, I may just be ready to pass on a few of my cooking responsibilities. Now for me I always loved cooking, my grandfather taught me most of what I know. It serves two purposes for me. One to of course feed my family but second is it is a form of meditation for me. It is my relax time…….most of the time. 🙂 But I know what you mean about making meals fast to make more time for the things you like to enjoy. Great post. Thank you

June 9, 2017 at 2:44pm

Thanks a lot for explaining.. I totally understand and appreciate that. Those who really love cooking can only take it as their way if meditation..