Short term memories

By | October 15, 2016

“Oh I feel that I have missed something. I am quite sure; I have left something unattended in my memory. Can’t recollect it.. But it was something really important”

Many a times, I faced this situation.. Even facing now.. But nowadays, seems the frequency got a little reduced 😉

My secret, “first of all notice the vital thing and remind myself that I have an important thing to do, secondly link it to an awkward thing and drop it in on my way” shhhhhhhh…

So let us know how you are coming out of this memory problem..?

73 thoughts on “Short term memories

1. Sha'Tara

Ah my dear Akhila, there is no coming out of it… and it isn’t getting any better either. Thanks for the reminder… hahahahahaha!!!

true..when the other one with us have an excellent memory, it becomes a tight situation…

ya.. that’s a good way…but i am even too lazy to stick those sticky notes upon my work board..still they are resting in my cupboards…might need to change that method also, i think

4. vibesofacalcuttan

Sure is a problem 🙂 Kind of the proverb in bengali “Pet e asche kintu mukhe asche na”. You know in your gut there’s something important but you just can’t say it.

5. Mr.Obeezy

No coming out…hmm Akhila, I could just forget your name when I need it the most…happens sometimes

6. Jackie Jain

Haha. . Happens a lot with me too. . There is something important to do but we don’t remember what it is. . Haha. . Even though we try to link events with events but no use.
    It is better to write down at the moment when we feel something important and not leaving to it to memory that it will remind us in future. . 😉

Have a beautiful weekend, Akhila. . 🙂

Thanks jackie…based on situation we need to have different strategies to escape fron this problem….happy weekend

1. Divyang Shah

I mean sometimes we are happy from inside due to some incedent. That happiness is steel intact but we forget reason behind that happiness 🙂

ha.. that’s a wonderful definition.. just liked it…and similarly with sorrow too..

exactly, i always fail to recognize face of people..even a few days back, had a similar incident..and she was wondering seeing me confused..;)

8. Fab Writings

haha! even I forget sometimes where I put my spectacles and then there are found nowhere else other than – in a cupboard! And I am like, Ok i know it was lost but how could it be in cupboard! and then I realize that when I was changing I put my specs in there and forget them…
    hahaha

not like that…what i mainly miss is remembering faces…
          will read your post soon..

9. Josh

Never had faced such an issue called.. ummm what was the thing / topic i was commenting 😛

he he….this is such a world problem, no…?
      i am not much absent minded, i believe, atleast in the present moment.. but this poor memory teases me a lot

1. Josh

well.. its good.. if we forget the negative/revenge things and keep reminded about good things.. btw ** who are you, why am i commenting your blog :/ **

ha ha.. might need another reminder to find that safe place.. and the loop just continues..

11. V

To avoid that I create a check list and add things every time they cross my mind so I don’t forget things that are important

12. Ashik T M

I missed out mostly the one that me and my mind are not interested .so no alternatives it’s all about changing the interest level☺

hmm.. do you think the problem to be rectified on changing the interest levels

1. Ashik T M

If you are really interested into it ,automatically your mind will tickles you in remembering that.correct me if i am wrong☺

13. Divya Deepak Rao

Thanks for stopping by Akhila:)

Haha I totally relate to this post..this happens to me all the time! Finally resorted to a planner!

no, commenting is not possible, in your post
      infact i was waiting for you to comment on my post, just to let you inform on the same..

is it..i didnt know about sucha message…infact i was also wondering for a while as my post was not appearing in reader. but it was there in the site, when i checked…seems wp got confused with today’s notion

1. parijat shukla

I am happy that wordpress is not deleting my site on whims and fancy so i can tolerate other small issues like comments, notifications etc 🙂

2. parijat shukla

But yes any good things you have to say about my posts you can tell here even if you arent able to comment there 🙂

14. 2ndhalfolife

I read a wonderful book that can help with memory stuff. It’s primarily about Dementia/Alzheimers, but I got some tips for simple memory stuff.

15. andysmerdon

🙂 I read a short article once which advised me not to worry about forgetting little things like where I put my car keys – it suggested that the forgetfulness would only be a problem if I picked up the car keys and thought ‘what are these for?’. 🙂 I like reading your posts and the comments by your followers. Thanks for sharing.