Universe or Multiverse..?

Are we living in a universe or Multiverse..?

When I was stuck upon this question, the first thing which came to my mind was Einstein’s space – time relativity. Space and time are related. Similarly energy and matter. And ultimately binding all the massive objects via gravitational force. So it was like finding unity in the entire complexity, making all of them related in one way or the other.

We need to make the entire stuffs simple and related in this cosmos, in order to avoid the muddles if the things couldn’t be interpreted. We needed a single rhythm, hence it was universe.

After all, we humans only called it a universe while it could be a multi rhythmic cosmos in reality. In that multi rhythmic cosmos, there couldn’t be any relation between energy and mass. Nothing related, everything has it’s own laws and conditions, a real multiverse.

But google gave me a different answer, it showed me multiverse as the opposite of universe, i.e. many universe. It is said that at the time of big bang, some portions of universe expanded faster giving rise to another universes, functioning with different laws of physics..

If it is a multiverse, will the siblings be colliding each other.. who knows..?

One thought on “Universe or Multiverse..?

1. Nam H Nguyen

October 25, 2016 at 9:14am

It does actually.
    Because humans by nature are self-centred. There is a need to feel special, unique, and important.
    It’s why Earth was declared the centre of the solar system, it’s why humans are considered seperate from animals.
    A multiverse existing would mean as humans, we would be more driven to explore meaning – to discover for ourselves (in regards to a multiverse) exactly how special we are.

October 25, 2016 at 12:21pm

hmm..may be we need to tune ourself first, to greet and and meet a superhero dominant over humans.. then the mysteries might be revealed..

2. achchagam

October 25, 2016 at 9:33am

Multiverse concept involves probability. The universe we see today can be considered possible because it could have had the highest probability. Similarly there can be universes existing with lesser probability. This is what we see as Multiverse concept 😀

October 25, 2016 at 12:09pm

but even nothing is proven statistically..

3. myheartbeats4ublog

October 25, 2016 at 9:45am

interesting thoughts, celestial ma’am! thank god fore the last para “Anyway, the existence of multiverse wont have any impacts on our day to day concerns”
    and so, let me too take a sigh of, of course, relief!!

4. Shwetha

October 25, 2016 at 10:17am

This is such a refreshing write up. I am sure it is multiverse. That`s why it remains such a mystery; Its our mind that is a universe, that tries to decode instead of revel in its glory.

October 25, 2016 at 12:07pm

thanks Shwetha..may be we are tuned to believe it as a universe..

• Shwetha

October 25, 2016 at 1:05pm

Yes. Our mind is trained to fear the abstract, the unknown, the formless. That`s why concepts like humanity, love etc have no takers in their truest sense.

October 25, 2016 at 1:15pm

yes, shwetha.. i liked your views…no carriers for soft emotions…

5. Sha'Tara

October 25, 2016 at 11:05am

What’s one universe… or series of multiverses in an infinite cosmos? When we reason with our brain/body we are limited to space/time. When we reason from the mind we realize the only limits to life are those we accept from others and place upon ourselves. I’m an infinite cosmic being. I recognize no boundaries and accept no limits. My physical life is about to end (one can always hope!) and there will be no surprises when I find myself “looking” at infinity with its infinite choices and paths. But, despite the temptations to just surf the waves, I have a destination – not a self-limiting process, but a joyful choice, a rendez-vous; a fulfillment of a chance encounter that will help me accomplish my set purpose. Thanks again Akhila for your sharp outlook and keen thoughts.

October 25, 2016 at 11:57am

thanks Shatara…there are infinite possibilities. And it is open when we observe with our mind only, as you said. and it is always fun to get indulged in these multidimensional views instead of our normal space-time views…

6. Sha'Tara

October 25, 2016 at 11:35am

Hey think of it this way: you were clever enough not to understand. I mean, what’s to understand? 🙂

7. vishal4u

October 25, 2016 at 11:58am

I think multiverse or a single universe what is more important that are we alone or not? Even Einstein space time theory has not mentioned it.
    Nice post and a bit too complex.

October 25, 2016 at 12:02pm

thanks vishal..

i liked your question, whether we are alone or not.. ..

October 25, 2016 at 11:59am

oh.. did i made a wrong lecture or did I had a kid wrongly entered into a class..;)

October 25, 2016 at 12:05pm

let it relax, as in your yesterday’s post..
    in between i cannot see my comment in your post.. did you check spam…

October 25, 2016 at 12:11pm

this is happening nowadays very frequently in WP..

11. boundlessblessingsblog

October 25, 2016 at 12:05pm

“Anyway, the existence of multiverse wont have any impacts on our day to day concerns. So let me take a deep breathe.. But I donno if it was sigh of relief or discomfort.” This was the gist of your entire post. Yes why bother nothing will happen to our Universe, so give a moment of relief and enjoy. Very nicely worded.

October 25, 2016 at 12:12pm

thanks kamal.. glad that you noted my discomfort….these kind of uncertainties do haunt me a lot..

• boundlessblessingsblog

October 25, 2016 at 12:15pm

Yes of course it does with everyone Akhila we are all only humans so everyday is not a rosy picture, but keep in touch with friends and family and sometimes to be with ourselves too is good isn’t it.

• boundlessblessingsblog

October 25, 2016 at 12:25pm

And that is why even I try to write inspiring stories, quotes and believe me Akhila it is quite a task to put poems with lovely meanings in them too and even I get inspired by what I too post. Keeps us connected with each other. Have a great day enjoy.

October 25, 2016 at 1:18pm

ya.. it is soothing while we write, interact…

October 25, 2016 at 12:06pm

thank you.. do you remember that FB link..?

• ecstacy49

October 25, 2016 at 1:12pm

That is what it was years ago so I don’t remember.. But I will try to find it and surly tell you.

• Nam H Nguyen

October 25, 2016 at 2:38pm

I understand what you’re trying to say but by definition that doesn’t work.

• Sha'Tara

October 25, 2016 at 8:40pm

Sounds great to me. I like the thought. But the freeing thought is to not think that “our” universe is the main one.

• A Walk into the Woods

October 26, 2016 at 10:00am

I agree – it’s just Universe – nobody’s though. I like the all-encompassing feeling that it creates and would imagine everything – other planets, other solar systems and all black holes to be a part of that ONE universe. Somehow the concept of oneness is very appealing to me.

October 26, 2016 at 11:02am

ya.. the concept of oneness, that’s what interesting

13. skd

October 25, 2016 at 6:55pm

We are in matrix created by some one. There can be multiple like that 🙂 We don’t know what creator called us, but we call us ‘human’
    And interestingly, we are going to create a matrix of machines soon. Already ON! We call them ‘machines or bots’, we don’t know what they will call themselves ;)) Sorry, became bit technical. Anyways read latest Stephen Hawking article….. 🙂
    So, multiverse Google answer is correct! Multimatrix!!

October 26, 2016 at 11:08am

interesting…ya.. I am reading him..the great explorer of cosmos

• skd

October 26, 2016 at 11:44am

🙂 good.
        Recently presented a session where we mentioned about new mankind… No.. Machine-kind:)
        (in an open source conf in Bangalore)

14. prajwalsuri

October 25, 2016 at 7:16pm

Hii blogger,
    I really like your blog it’s a perfect blend, I’ll be looking forward for your new posts, thank you for your very good information
    i kindly invite you to my blog, if seems worth it plz do share. Thank you http://spacexplorationss.wordpress.com

15. Alok Singhal

October 25, 2016 at 11:26pm

Whatever would happen won’t happen in our lifetime…so breathe easy 🙂

16. Sha'Tara

October 26, 2016 at 1:59am

All that being said on the subject, seems to me that all that’s left to do is identify the maxiverses and miniverses within the multiverses which of course must be contained within the omniverse which this universe is well versed in. Then we need to discover if these are inverse as opposed to direct relationships. OK, I admit, this isn’t my most serious of comments. Are we having fun yet?

• ecstacy49

October 26, 2016 at 11:13am

Yes.. Just a blind belief and a bit knowledge of science makes me believe that.

• ecstacy49

October 26, 2016 at 11:32am

I am still a student but surely after getting free from my boards studies I am going to research on scientific proofs because the world today is less dependent on morality and more on science. So why not choosing science too!!

October 26, 2016 at 11:36am

go ahead girl.. you have that passion.. never lose it for any cause..

October 27, 2016 at 11:17am

hey.. after a long time.. how are you doing..

18. adsunsri

October 27, 2016 at 12:52pm

Cosmos…the unknown and mysterious …now I hear of a distant far more intellectually advanced universe whose beings would treat Earthlings like bacteria…
    A nice attempt to try and understand the blue dot..

19. Mithai Mumblezz

October 30, 2016 at 1:20pm

I read somewhere that there are infinite number of universe….. and they exist in different dimensions. Basically they might be overlapping with eachother…..but you don’t feel that as you are in a diff. dimension.

20. Alone In The Universe

November 13, 2016 at 10:36pm

What is a universe? Whatever it is, it is something in which we exist. If it is different universes with different laws existing parallel to each other, they, again, have to have a connection. It is impossible for two things to exist completely separated from each other. So, the right word that we need, if you ask me, is a dimension. Our universe can be both united but still separated in different dimensions, that could make it a multiverse. Even on earth, we have different dimensions, for example a life in the water and seas and on the ground. Similarly, some beings could possibly live on the sun, in their own dimensions. The perception and experience of time and space could also be different in different dimensions. In a way, our universe could be like a one huge room separated in itself by different section of mirrors. That’s a metaphor I always liked. We are at one exact spot every time, but we are separated from the center by different rows of mirrors that reflect both sides of the space they separate. And each step closer to the center, the image we see is clearer, because it is distorted by less layers of glass. And that centar is literally everywhere. And it is also inside us, in our own soul, or mind, however you wish to call it. Not just that we live in a universe (or multiverse), we are the universe. 🙂 I wrote a long comment… I kinda like it, I’m going to make a post out of it!

• mick25117

March 1, 2017 at 1:39pm

The universe must consist within something…and what’s beyond a black hole?

March 2, 2017 at 6:20pm

Open ended questions.. what’s there beyond stars and all those cosmic stuffs

• Sha'Tara

March 2, 2017 at 11:32pm

Just more stuff? We are a limited/self-limiting thinking species, thus we always want “an end” or “a boundary” or “a limit” to everything… and being physically/materially focused beings, we can only relate comfortably to measurable space filled with measurable time and physically describable material “stuff.” When we deliberately “break out” of our material reality by freeing our mind from our body, all those limiting factors disappear. Here all things and non-things blend; the impossible no longer exists – no limits. We become our own “black hole” of inter-dimensional revelations. (My personal experience, anyway!)

March 3, 2017 at 10:08am

Thanks shatara. Really appreciates this approach. We can only see beyond those black holes when the thinking limits are crossed..