Age is just a number

Hmm, I understand there are people with whom we never feel an age gap. When they express themselves, we feel like they are a kind of our own reflection. So nothing can inject a pause while talking with them.

People come and leave our life without leaving a mark of their own. In such a world it was so special to meet this young lady. (No Ash, it’s not on you, but your mom.. πŸ˜‰ )

Yes, she is really young, young in her thoughts, and more over well aware on the thoughts running through our heads.

I felt as if I am talking to someone of my age, and ya, she also should have felt the same.. πŸ˜‰

One thought on “Age is just a number

November 2, 2016 at 11:31am

thanks mvs….ya, age is just a number, it doesn’t really matter

1. theonlysup

November 2, 2016 at 11:17am

Some people are very adaptive , filled with enthusiasm all the time. And that’s what makes them feel younger inside.. And that’s what matters ..isn’t it .

November 2, 2016 at 11:28am

ya.. it is…age doesn’t really matter

November 2, 2016 at 11:30am

ha ha…ya, while expressing our thoughts, listening to someone, we feel ageless, especially when they are of the same frequency..

• thepoetscreed

November 2, 2016 at 11:33am

That’s right dear ! I feel young amongst all the people who I talk to here on WordPress. .. Hehe

2. novelistbaba

November 2, 2016 at 11:51am

you are right…..this happens with me all the time…….but the downfall is that, i am almost always unable to connect that well with people of my age group. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

November 2, 2016 at 3:23pm

Ha ha..that’s interesting..i too had a friend like that and we all wondered on seeing her interacting so closely with our parents, while she rarely mingled with us

November 2, 2016 at 3:33pm

Ya..should be…but it seems i have forgotten her..let me look for her….thanks that you reminded me about her

• novelistbaba

November 2, 2016 at 3:35pm

great! finally something good came out of this habit. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

November 2, 2016 at 3:43pm

Ha ha…good…have a great time

November 2, 2016 at 3:17pm

Ha ha…60 is not at all a bad sign of losing youth

• myheartbeats4ublog

November 2, 2016 at 3:24pm

age is just a number, ma’am akhila, but in a game with limited count… as long as the game lasts, true, it is just a number!!!

3. Prajakta

November 2, 2016 at 1:11pm

Age is just a number.. youth resides inside the heart πŸ™‚

6. thepoetscreed

November 2, 2016 at 5:52pm

Haha … Maybe an infant cause I know I’m alive . At least I think I am

7. A Walk into the Woods

November 2, 2016 at 6:21pm

So true – age is only a number. One is as young as one feels. And this shows on the face as well. πŸ™‚ Well said.

8. davekingsbury

November 2, 2016 at 6:49pm

Some people are born old and some never grow up. Hope I’m in the second category!

9. unsaid words

November 2, 2016 at 7:03pm

Very truly said akhila ,I totally agree .That our thoughts are define our age not the years we have been on this earth.
    My grandmother had always been supportive and understanding about my “things” that I used to be surprised sometimes.She was more open minded than my parents .

November 3, 2016 at 11:09am

Ah.. i can understand…definitely she would be your mindkeeper..

10. boundlessblessingsblog

November 2, 2016 at 8:21pm

Age is simply a number but people who are old too can have hearts of a young person and it is so nice to talk to anyone without seeing their age. Very well written Akhila.

November 3, 2016 at 11:07am

ya.. that’s true…while talking to school going bloggers, we feel a kind of like them, no..

11. Ameena k.g

November 2, 2016 at 8:50pm

I agree with this. When it comes to friendship, age is but a number. I’ve been blessed to have friends of varying age ranges and they never ever belittle because age.

November 3, 2016 at 11:03am

true.. and that’s why i feel i am still in 17 s…lol

12. skd

November 2, 2016 at 9:17pm

What is your age? (you =soul) πŸ™‚

• skd

November 3, 2016 at 11:10am

Wow.. So young soul….? πŸ™‚ So just started the experiences in this material world… :))

November 3, 2016 at 11:12am

ya…i stopped moving time. so youth forever..lol

November 3, 2016 at 10:56am

true…if we think, we are young, yes we are.. and vice-versa also

November 5, 2016 at 8:19pm

Yes, a feeling which can do good as well as bad for us

13. Sunith

November 2, 2016 at 11:12pm

The difference is seen sometimes when young people say ” I am only 20 and have just started to live life ” while someone else who is in their eighties says “I am past 80 and still living!

14. pins & ashes

November 3, 2016 at 12:11am

Reblogged this on pins & ashes and commented:
    It is something to be written about. This time round, it is Akhila who has written about MJ in a blog post. I’m in top mood because the feeling is mutual.

I used to always laugh out when she used to refer to us as real life friends as opposed to mere virtual pals. I never understood it was true until I walked into her home. It felt like walking into a somebody’s home I had known for I don’t know how long, and feeling absolutely comfortable anywhere inside it, with her and her son. With some people it just seems that way. MJ says you two are gonna begin a friendship from now on! πŸ™‚ When Akhila and Amma were grossed in their talk, her son and I dribbled basket balls, and talked a ton about a lot of other things. Age is not a number .. of course! πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

November 3, 2016 at 10:41am

thanks Fairy…so enjoy the truth and feel the youth..

15. Hemangini

November 3, 2016 at 9:14am

it’s rare to meet someone like that and its so much fun to find someone like that. lucky you

November 3, 2016 at 10:30am

thanks hema.. yes, it was a fun time, we all had together

November 3, 2016 at 1:05pm

Age is indeed a number. I have an aunty-friend who turned 76 this year, God bless her heart. To this day, I admire her young mind, her travels, and her fitness. She is a pleasure to spend your time with. Be young at heart!

November 3, 2016 at 7:46pm

If we can enjoy that friendship, definitely there will be someone like that for us too when we are aged….

17. Meenakshi Sethi

November 3, 2016 at 2:10pm

I agree! I have friends from every age group! And I can connect with them easily too! ‘Age is just numbers’- this line of yours remind me of someone very spl. πŸ™‚

19. Jackie Jain

November 3, 2016 at 8:17pm

Yes. Well said Akhila.. Age is just a number so that we can mark our day on a calendar and celebrate it as a birthday.
    And yes, it feels awesome to meet such people with whom we feel connected on a deeper level irrespective of age, as it is very rare. I am glad that you had a beautiful time.. God bless.

Good evening. πŸ™‚

November 3, 2016 at 8:55pm

Ah..celebrating birthdays…actually what’s there enjoyable in that..i donno

• Jackie Jain

November 3, 2016 at 9:00pm

Haha.. Yes.. I also feel the same.. We are getting older by an year and we are celebrating.. πŸ˜›

20. tuhinmech

November 4, 2016 at 11:20pm

My range of friends starts from 15 years to 40+ …I enjoy mingling with people from different age groups.
    May be this is the only way to kill the generation gap.

November 5, 2016 at 1:09pm

it is a good feel, no.. learnings from many age groups..

21. Steve

November 6, 2016 at 4:26pm

Hey nice post…….When you talk about age , more or less each one is bothered about their own acceptance…..may it be job, partners, friends, enemies, etc etc….. She is a simple medium of being acceptable or not…..

22. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder

November 7, 2016 at 5:12am

So, you have met Ash’s mother… πŸ˜€ Great…that’s the boon of blogging… meeting wonderful people around… πŸ™‚

November 7, 2016 at 10:17am

yes.. met them…it was a lovely evening…