Age is just a number

By | November 2, 2016

Hmm, I understand there are people with whom we never feel an age gap. When they express themselves, we feel like they are a kind of our own reflection. So nothing can inject a pause while talking with them.

People come and leave our life without leaving a mark of their own. In such a world it was so special to meet this young lady. (No Ash, it’s not on you, but your mom.. 😉 )

Yes, she is really young, young in her thoughts, and more over well aware on the thoughts running through our heads.

I felt as if I am talking to someone of my age, and ya, she also should have felt the same.. 😉

79 thoughts on “Age is just a number

1. theonlysup

Some people are very adaptive , filled with enthusiasm all the time. And that’s what makes them feel younger inside.. And that’s what matters ..isn’t it .

ha ha…ya, while expressing our thoughts, listening to someone, we feel ageless, especially when they are of the same frequency..

2. novelistbaba

you are right…..this happens with me all the time…….but the downfall is that, i am almost always unable to connect that well with people of my age group. 🙂 🙂

Ha ha..that’s interesting..i too had a friend like that and we all wondered on seeing her interacting so closely with our parents, while she rarely mingled with us

Ya..should be…but it seems i have forgotten her..let me look for her….thanks that you reminded me about her

There is no doubt on the ultimate truth… We don’t need to wait for that…

3. unsaid words

Very truly said akhila ,I totally agree .That our thoughts are define our age not the years we have been on this earth.
    My grandmother had always been supportive and understanding about my “things” that I used to be surprised sometimes.She was more open minded than my parents .

4. boundlessblessingsblog

Age is simply a number but people who are old too can have hearts of a young person and it is so nice to talk to anyone without seeing their age. Very well written Akhila.

ya.. that’s true…while talking to school going bloggers, we feel a kind of like them, no..

5. Ameena k.g

I agree with this. When it comes to friendship, age is but a number. I’ve been blessed to have friends of varying age ranges and they never ever belittle because age.

1. skd

Wow.. So young soul….? 🙂 So just started the experiences in this material world… :))

6. Sunith

The difference is seen sometimes when young people say ” I am only 20 and have just started to live life ” while someone else who is in their eighties says “I am past 80 and still living!

7. pins & ashes

Reblogged this on pins & ashes and commented:
    It is something to be written about. This time round, it is Akhila who has written about MJ in a blog post. I’m in top mood because the feeling is mutual.

I used to always laugh out when she used to refer to us as real life friends as opposed to mere virtual pals. I never understood it was true until I walked into her home. It felt like walking into a somebody’s home I had known for I don’t know how long, and feeling absolutely comfortable anywhere inside it, with her and her son. With some people it just seems that way. MJ says you two are gonna begin a friendship from now on! 🙂 When Akhila and Amma were grossed in their talk, her son and I dribbled basket balls, and talked a ton about a lot of other things. Age is not a number .. of course! 😛 😛 😛

Age is indeed a number. I have an aunty-friend who turned 76 this year, God bless her heart. To this day, I admire her young mind, her travels, and her fitness. She is a pleasure to spend your time with. Be young at heart!

If we can enjoy that friendship, definitely there will be someone like that for us too when we are aged….

9. Meenakshi Sethi

I agree! I have friends from every age group! And I can connect with them easily too! ‘Age is just numbers’- this line of yours remind me of someone very spl. 🙂

10. Jackie Jain

Yes. Well said Akhila.. Age is just a number so that we can mark our day on a calendar and celebrate it as a birthday.
    And yes, it feels awesome to meet such people with whom we feel connected on a deeper level irrespective of age, as it is very rare. I am glad that you had a beautiful time.. God bless.

Good evening. 🙂

Ah..celebrating birthdays…actually what’s there enjoyable in that..i donno

11. tuhinmech

My range of friends starts from 15 years to 40+ …I enjoy mingling with people from different age groups.
    May be this is the only way to kill the generation gap.

12. Steve

Hey nice post…….When you talk about age , more or less each one is bothered about their own acceptance…..may it be job, partners, friends, enemies, etc etc….. She is a simple medium of being acceptable or not…..