Feel free to say NO

By | November 3, 2016

It was challenging for me to say a no,

As it was tough for me to upset you.

Hence I was behind a yes even though,

I lacked my space and ease with a yes.

I know, they are only my real friends,

Who make me guilt free to say a no.

Who make me feel at ease to say a no.

Who respect my freedom of expression.

91 thoughts on “Feel free to say NO

i remember commenting on your evolution of a dream.. but seems your spam caught it..;)

1. novelistbaba

oh sorry……i just checked it……and this stupid “spam code” had caught it……i gave it a few clicks of my hand…….so it ought to teach it a lesson 🙂 🙂

ha ha…i am also fed up of these spam issues.. why is it so common nowadays..?

1. Idle Muser

It’s important to learn to say NO. And much more important to stay surrounded with the ones who do not question that NO.

yes Aditi.. we are on the same lines…if we have that true relationship, they will never make us fall into that confusion. they will leave it to our freedom, respecting our space.

2. ecstacy49

It’s a big word indeed and people take it as a rude reply. But believe it, it’s the hardest thing one can do or say.

yes, it is the hardest word, I should say…but we need to learn to say it without being rude

1. ecstacy49

Yes sure. But then people take it in a rude way. It’s like denying for something makes one feel bad. It’s a tendency.

3. myheartbeats4ublog

Yes, ‘No’ is not a preferred /easy option, especially when the apprehension of hurting someone close, who, you feel would prefer a ‘Yes’. But those with the courage of conviction to say ‘No’ need not feel guilty, for, their real friends would understand & appreciate the genuineness of that ‘No’.

And, very much yes, ma’am akhila, a beautiful post. cheers

you reflect my feelings chithra…at times we feel a bit hard to say a no even when we dont really want to lose our comfort zone..

i am learning that art of saying ‘no’..;)…Really tough…even i feel like i couldnt express it fully in those few lines..didnt have a punch in those words..

and most importantly, if they are are genuine friends, they wont compel us to do something against our will

7. Tanya

Aahhhh! I get you. I struggle with saying no. I have to learn that I can’t please everybody. And that it’s human to say no.

i read somewhere like” interesting ways to say a no”

Arrow writes, commented like “be sarcastic”..sounds a nice way..;)

8. Bikramjit

Oh yes the dilemma of upsetting someone.. No Is a beautiful word..We all need ti learn it..

I am.learning tooo the hard way…

I cannot agree with you more, Akhila! A post with a lot of relevance to what I just had in my mind. It is the most difficult word to speak out sometimes without hurting someone and without them misunderstanding your answer to be rejection or downright denial. “Who respect my freedom of expression.” so well expressed! Yes, you need to express your views and expression. Thank you for sharing!

thank you so much.. i think i should added this title ‘ who respect my freedom of expression’

10. Ameena k.g

Ohhhh yes! I love this Akhila. Real friends would not make you feel guilty for saying No, rather they would respect it

11. durgakrishnan

So difficult yet true. I reckon many struggle to do it knowing the importance of doing it. Great post and a reminder to all. 😉

In connection to the onam festival..he visits earth once in year on onam day…

13. durgakrishnan

Lol! Well I am yet to get to being peaceful soul in all the times but it surely is difficult and sometimes I chose to make it impossible 🙂

Is it..will have a difficult one for tomorrow, a brain teaser..let me if you answer that…

1. Tanya

I can’t be rude to people. Like people in general. I am scared that people will not like me if I say no to them. I know it’s stupid but it is what it is. 🙂

14. Jackie Jain

Yes very true Akhila. . I can relate to this and most of us can relate to this as we face it daily. There are only a few people with whom we feel at ease of saying no. With others, we just try to please them and say yes even though inside we know we wanted to say ‘no’.. People with whom we feel free to talk irrespective of whether they will agree or disagree upon, are real friends. .

Good evening. 🙂

15. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder

Saying No is an art also. One of my friends, she does it very well..she can say ‘no’ without making others angry! I’m sort of dumb…I blatantly say ‘no’ and as you’ve said, only true friends can take that. And, we don’t have a lot of true friends…