Join our souls to fight against the wall culture

By | December 10, 2016

Nations have made walls on boundaries for thousands of years. And the citizens are so obedient, no.. 😉 They are also building wall around their homes to protect them from the so called jealousy eyes of their neighbours…so brilliant…hmmm.

Even in the midst of this wall culture, it was a pleasant moment for me to watch a few people standing on either side of the wall and talking together, yesterday evening… I went back to my childhood days. At that time, there were around 6 to 10 homes in a compound.. definitely not the congested ones as in todays residential villas.  It may take around 4 to 6 minutes by walk to reach the other end if you start from one end of the compound. And many such compounds before you reach a main junction. None of those compounds were segregated by these stone walls, instead there had some small ways in between, a kind of natural walls decorated with hibiscus, henna and all..

Okay, coming back to my yesterday evening, I was so curious to know what they were talking, human instinct, no..;)… But couldn’t hear properly as I was at a few meters away from them. After sometime, I could feel that they were agreeing on something and deducing some plans. May be to visit a place together or to go for a marriage of someone in their colony.

Anyway it was nice to see that the walls were not built in their minds.

So

Let us join our souls to fight against the wall culture and break the wall of social separation

0 thoughts on “Join our souls to fight against the wall culture

1. 2ndhalfolife

In the US we have a presidential candidate that wants to build a huge wall to keep people out…ugh. I surely hope he doesn’t win and I can’t even believe so many people like him. I’m ashamed of my fellow citizens.

so sad, no…why he is trying to do that.. i couldnt understand the logic behind his way of thinking..

2. vishal4u

I think what he is saying maybe practically is impossible and ethically most inhumane thing to do. The concept of Global citizen must be emphasized and supported whole heartedly by everyone around the world.

2. TylerLearnsToWrite

I am happy after reading this post for few reasons. 1. The best.. Neighbours know each other.. 2. They aren’t using Whatsapp or Skype to communicate :p 3. They are not fighting. 😀

i liked your reason 2….
      and i was also happy seeing that such neighborhood is not lost..

dont say that word ever…. a writer can never be drowned…if you want, you will…

2. TylerLearnsToWrite

True. 🙂 I have tried to get inspired from other’s post. Talking to ppl.. :’) I am hoping that the drought will end soon.

yes, it will end soon.. i am quite sure, even if you are not..;)

hmm.. pretty difficult to break…even sometimes i feel like people have lost interest in direct communication after the wide spread use of social medias and all

Guess we need to thaw those invisible walls between us that freezes relationships first, cement and stone walls are easier! Lovely post, Akhila

Thank you…you are right, cement walls are easier to break compared to thee ego walls

Exactly, you reflect my words…. It’s an ego world… It’s difficult to find a similar soul….but i really feel happy reading your words
    ,as if i reached my childhood home

5. vishal4u

Humans were not created by our God with boundaries around them. His entire creation was at our disposal right from the beginning.
    Gradually we all become narrow minded and our feeling of belongings started shrinking.
    First we created countries, then states, cities, colonies and then came the boundary wall of our house and society.
    We inherited this from our ancestors and shrinked it to the narrowest level of our happiness.
    Lovely post friend and hope the walls are no more required by us in future.

yeah..God meant something, but we, the humans are going in the opposite direction

6. Aneesh Sreekumar

Many moons ago we had a nomadic society…. gradually man settled down….. agriculture developed…. SURPLUS was created and specialization followed leading to exchange……through barter…..then markets developed…… then trade flourished…. money was mainstreamed……technology leapfrogged and somewhere in the phase which followed PRIVATE PROPERTY developed which was enshrined as a right……RIGHT TO PROPERTY and thus walls came about ! And since then walls have flourished !!
    Its tough not to build walls…the great wall of china was built to prevent invasion from hordes and tribes……but we can avoid some unnecessary walls…..like the one trump wants to build bordering MEXICO and the BERLIN wall…

Thanks aneesh…there are communities who purposefully build homes without any compound walls..like a friendship circle or a few relatives…people need to understand

1. Aneesh Sreekumar

Yes ! You are referring to the Epicurian like communities ! But unfortunately they are surpassed by the gated communities of our times ! Gates = walls! May the former flourish and latter perish!