Are men visual?

By | January 4, 2017

It is always said that men are more visual..

But is it not just an excuse to hide some thing under a mask?

visual

80 thoughts on “Are men visual?

yes.. i know..infact drafted it many a times, then postponed..

1. theonlysup

As of now only thing I can say is ‘women’s intuition’ is mostly a woman’s acute ability to
        notice small details and changes in the appearance or
        behaviour of others.
        Somewhere I read Women have wider peripheral
        vision, men have tunnel vision.

1. DaisyWillows

Statistical it is said humans understand 70% is non verbal -like body language and tone and we only hear and take in 30% . I don’t know if these statistics were a result of doing tests on an equal number of men and women but I don’t think it is the words -“oh he is not listening to me again”. kind of thing that we get upset about. It is that maybe men misinterpret a women’s non verbal signs and our feelings about this. If that makes sense?

2. mySestina

there is one thing that comes to my mind with this statement… sigh!! a topic of great importance… needs to be talked about

3. Mann Kaundal

Agreed. Man are visual and women…respond via their ears. There’s nothing to hide or is there?

thank you… but my point is ..i think it’s a common excuse for men to state that they are more visual than women

1. myheartbeats4ublog

Yes, men are visual…and what they think they are hiding under that madk is all too obvious…for their mask is transparent. Poor men!!

4. Megha Agrawal

Men are more visual to things they fancy and go completely blind to things they don’t want to notice.

5. Jim

ya doggone skippy men are visual. take for example Spring time, women is short skirts, the breeze blowing in their hair … and some light pole always appears out of no where for me to walk in to.

6. chithankalai

Male or Female, persons with an inclination to imagination do think visually. If I write a film script I would naturally visualise every word uttered. Same should be with Anjali Menon too. otherwise a visual presentation both in celluloid and in words is impossible. And why should anyone wear a mask? People who think with their legs become Football players, I think.

7. Shalini

Men ? visual ? Wish they can for see the consequences of their negative actions they do in pride. Men hide things for sure but we clearly need to change, let them express clearly.

Shalini, here the context is different. i doubt you didn’t get my point…

use your sense my dear…i’s something sensitive.. or give a google search

8. Tanya

i think they spend their most of time in pretending that they are more visual .

hmm.. may be.. a kind of stereotypic nature fed by society upon them.and they blindly follow it

9. avinamdar

I think you definitely need to elaborate on this one ! But then again maybe its an elaborate plot to see what people really think.

“Men are Visual” could mean many things, for example :

1) Prone to believe what they see.
    2) Prone to only appreciate what is visually appealing
    3) They are good at visualising things i.e. they have a vivid imagination

But not all men are visual in the same way and that needs to be considered too ! I will quote Pable Picasso here who said, โ€œIf I paint a wild horse, you might not see the horse… but surely you will see the wildness!โ€ Now here is a man, telling the world how it would visualise his paintings and that how you would actually see, what he wanted to show you !

So basically, I would say that one cannot define a man’s claim of being visual in a generic manner. And perhaps the same would apply to women too, as in the end, it’s all in the eye of the beholder. We humans tend to see what we choose to see and many times only that which we want to see.

So to sum it up, are men visual ? Maybe. But how, that all depends on the man himself. There are men like Picasso, Einstein, Faraday, Newton who saw things very differently and there are also the Shiney Ahujas of the world, if you know what I mean. Cheers ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

ha.. you changed the point into many dimensions..
      In fact purposefully i kept the post short, without elaborating much.. but seeing your comment I feel like, I should have added atleast one more sentences, which infact i deleted just before publishing..

if you found it interesting, definitely, something strikes you..isnt it..?

10. Wendell A. Brown

I have always been able to view things spiritually, which has enabled me to love easily all whom I meet. Happy New Year, my beloved sister!

11. vishal4u

Well to an extent men are visual, but if that was not exploited to their personal benefit, which of course is wrong and that is what you are trying to say in this post.
    I would like to add, that the ability of me to visualize things and their beauty has also gifted the world with valuable art and heritage.
    Yes men do tend to lean towards something which is visually glamorous for them.

12. boundlessblessingsblog

Great post Akhila, but I do not think like that both have got the capacity of visual, though they pretend that they are more smarter than women. Liked the picture of the visual eye.

True..the stereotypes….that’s why i told they are wearing that msk of stereotypical thoughts

13. Neal

I would love sharing my perspective on this but I’m finding it incredibly difficult to decipher those two lines of yours. It’s too confusing. I see many have tried sharing their views in the comments but then looks like..You aren’t satisfied with the answers you are looking for. Kindly elaborate and put forth your view ๐Ÿ™‚

Please excuse me this time…i have to leave it as such…and thanks for expressing frankly..i really appreciate that

There is a lot of meaning in there, Akhi! Well, after a lot of thought, yes I agree. Men are definitely the more visual lot but about the mask, not sure.

Men are visual..isn’t a little stereotypical thought..giving them the freedom to wander with their visual sensation …that’s why i doubted it to be a mask of stereotype

15. Kumar Harsh

I agree with you on this one. Men tend to be visual. They notice each and everything that the other person does and remember. I have a friend of mine. We spent almost everyday together. Yesterday while playing tennis with him, I was about to hit a wrong shot, when he just corrected me. This might be a very minute incident but yes, men are visual. ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Bikramjit

I dont understand what you mean .. Yes I am more visual kind of person I do need to see what is going on and what Action is .. maybe something wrong with me ..

Happy new year to you and everyone around you

i am not commenting more on this Bikram.. so a very happy new year to you too..

17. Pingback: Can men visaualize? – Menz world