Does money matter..?

Does money matter..?

In my childhood, money was never in my priority list..may be the moral stories made me an angel then..;)

(now, not at all an angel ..)

Even when I started to earn, I didn’t bother much about the financial side of life. (may be, still there is some angelic effects 😉 ..)

But I emphasis the value of being financially independent especially women. (I am stressing on women as they might have a tendency to depend upon their spouse or father)

Don’t bother whether it is used or not. It gives a self stand whatever happens in life.

No matter, with whom we get married or wherever we go in life, we have to be financially independent. It increases one’s self morale. We will never have to feel helplessness in life.

In this era, majority of the guys prefer to have an employed wife as she could be a good financial back up for the family. And the perceptions vary based on culture, societies etc. Some think women need to work while others expect them to be good house wives.

I believe what is most important is what each woman think of herself. And I wish her to have that thinking ability and become financially independent.

The author is a Quality Analyst by experience. Part Quantitative data analyst, part consultant for quality and information security practices, part software tester, she is a writer by passion and blogs at https://wordsandnotion.com and https://qualitynotion.com/.

One thought on “Does money matter..?

1. myheartbeats4ublog

June 25, 2016 at 10:09am

hmmmm….nice thought. noted the ‘diminishing angelic effects’, and the stress on financial independence for for women!

June 25, 2016 at 12:14pm

he he ..diminishing angelic effects.. I added it for an effect..

• myheartbeats4ublog

June 25, 2016 at 12:17pm

Diminishing ok. Pakshe vanish cheyyathirinnal mathe… “For effect” “made effect”…

June 25, 2016 at 12:19pm

yes.. vanish cheyyathirunnal mathi..;)
          i liked it ‘ for effect’ made effect…

2. pins & ashes

June 25, 2016 at 2:42pm

I think everybody should be independent, financially for sure, even for happiness, comfort .. but there should be no strain coming on the woman or the man/ ego clashes because of it.
    Aren’t you a little ‘feminist’ in the making!
    Staying angelic works! and then there is always love, the true love you talk about 😛

• pins & ashes

June 25, 2016 at 7:24pm

Re-read! it is a viscous circle. not at all belittling what you have said, but a self realization and a choice are two very important factors .. like my mother says, when there is love every things becomes trivial! 😀

June 25, 2016 at 7:26pm

hmm.. when there is love everything becomes trivial.. it is absolutely correct..that’s why I am least bothered as i mentioned in my post… but still I emphasize upon being financially independent.

• pins & ashes

June 25, 2016 at 7:29pm

I think after postmodernism, everything is a probability and has multiple meanings and shades.. going in line with that, financial independence, also has shades of it.. (options are various .. ) but nobody should be compelled to .. these days, there is a power to every role is something everyone needs to understand, therefore not to look down on any, and feel guilty for the choice..

June 25, 2016 at 7:33pm

yes Ash.. that is what I am trying to tell..that thinking capability will aid the people to opt the choice whatever it may be..

• pins & ashes

June 25, 2016 at 7:40pm

hmm! I don’t think we are saying the same things, though.. ~

but to think that way, there needs to be a change in the foundation itself.. I think it is easy for me to say such, because I was brought up such.. and did not turn this way after I grew up!

June 25, 2016 at 9:04pm

there could be varying perspectives based on life lessons and the most important thing is whether we use it in the right way or not.

4. Amitav Chowdhury

June 25, 2016 at 8:03pm

Who knew happiness and the existence of humanity would depend on pieces of paper, which would hold more importance than a fellow human being. Now that we have realized its importance or have rather committed ourselves in accumulating those pieces of paper for every transaction of life, there’s no going back now. We live in exaggerations and we did overvalue those paper. So, to exist in peace, have as much one needs and not how much one desires. Balance is the key.

5. Daisy in the Willows

June 25, 2016 at 10:59pm

Money is an illusion -it means nothing but everything. Money is digits on a computer- it is not real. I wish we could go back to a society of bartering and community helping strengthen ourselves and not a corrupt government

June 26, 2016 at 11:02am

thanks daisy.. I too wish to go back to that era where bartering system and all existed..

6. AkshayOffical

June 25, 2016 at 11:36pm

Wow nice thought and well written buddy. I am agree with you.

As you are working women I would like to suggest you save 3% amount from your income and invest them in your skill…like you can buy books or you can attend good seminar likewise

Like my next qoute for you
    “Middle class people invest money in gold or land, successful person invest money in their skill”

After being successful person money will follow you automatically,
    Thanks.

7. theonlysup

June 28, 2016 at 1:38pm

I believe it is very much important to be financially literate .
    Think about the bigger goals like building assets like home , buying car, travelling , children’s education, self and child marriage , professional certification, retirement expenses.. so on and so forth.. There is something called inflation adjusted cost. Calculate the expense for next 15 yrs with today’s expenses . you will realize why money matters..

B) I would be very happy if women take interests in financial planning a long with their partners..and just not let their father or husband plan. I prefer ladies also to take part equally in decision making about financial aspects..

June 28, 2016 at 1:47pm

thank you suprith.you are correct..financial planning is most essential thing in this growing economy to balance with the inflation. yes ladies needs to think about this.. that’s the specific intent of my post.

• theonlysup

June 28, 2016 at 1:48pm

I plan my personal finances .. So have lil idea .. Great u think this way.. 🙂

June 28, 2016 at 2:02pm

and yes.. I am glad to know that you too have much thoughts in this lines.

8. thandekamwakipesile

July 1, 2016 at 11:10pm

I enjoyed reading your article. I think that money does matter and its easy to think it doesn’t if you aren’t the one who has to pay the bills or work. But if you don’t have money it will become increasingly apparent how much societal systems have made sure that cash is a necessity.
    Please read my blog: https://thandekamwakipesile.wordpress.com/

July 2, 2016 at 9:02am

thank you for being here.. Your comment is really appreciated. will check your blog

9. Prajakta

August 26, 2016 at 3:56pm

Very rightly said that it is important for every women to be financially independent. It helps in hard times as well. But mostly importantly financial independence gives an identity to a woman. She is not just somebody’s wife and somebody’s mother. She is first known as HERSELF and then by her relations when she is an independent person.

I am a new blogger. I really likes your post 🙂

August 26, 2016 at 4:43pm

prajakta..oh.. i think i need to be so conscious to spell your name.. ;…a different name indeed..
      I am glad to meet similar minded hearts who gives importance to the “self” in her

• Prajakta

August 26, 2016 at 4:49pm

Glad to meet you too. i am a very recent blogger, just a week old. i would really appreciate it if you could take some time out to read my blogs and give some constructive feedbach

August 26, 2016 at 5:12pm

of course, i will read your blog…give me a day time so that I should not be in a hurry..

10. Meenakshi Sethi

October 24, 2016 at 2:24am

Great post…yea money matters to the extent we are self sufficient and could lead our life with dignity! So I agree we should be independent!

11. radhikasreflection

January 18, 2017 at 9:28am

A very good post with many inputs from all the fellow bloggers. I agree a woman definitely needs to be financially independent in today’s age, and she is , to a large extent. But I have seen some of my friends give up their job in which they were doing very well as it was affecting the emotional health of the children. So I guess it is a call to be taken by the woman based on her personal issues.

January 18, 2017 at 12:42pm

Ya..it’s a decision totally base her personal side. And at the same time there could be some orher work arounds to earn, without compromising the emotional side of her family

• theonlysup

January 18, 2017 at 2:03pm

Yes i see.. but quitting should be backed up by proper financial planning.. else you would be trapped with financial commitments undelivered ..
      but as i see it , taking a break from job for reasons like kid, is always good , as kid would get undivided attention care and love from parents .
      well thats again a personal decision ..isn’t it ?

• radhikasreflection

January 18, 2017 at 2:24pm

Yes absolutely a personal decision. I am happy to see the girls of today’s generation have a clear idea about their thoughts and goals in life. A few who are very career oriented have decided not to have kids, and I respect their decision.

12. DARKLOVE9095

January 18, 2017 at 10:25am

Of course… Money can’t buy happiness but it will help me buy my dream bike so that I can tap the destinations unknown yet.. So that I can finally get myself the gear I require… So that I can travel places I only dream of…. So that I can give my contribution to the farmers as return gift..

13. boundlessblessingsblog

January 18, 2017 at 10:35am

Great post Akhila and yes we all require money, cause without that we cannot do anything, but it must not become your life and yes it is so true everyone must be independent in life whether it is a wife who is dependant on her husband or any other person. We need to learn to be self-sufficient in life.

January 18, 2017 at 12:35pm

I agree with you. Even i am not much concerned on money. But i strongly believe in the necessity of financial independence

14. Aneesh

January 18, 2017 at 11:33am

One need to take money seriously….irrespective of the sex…
    Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park…..Jane Austen thinks so…
    As Role and Status of women in society changes women too become financially independent! Thats how society evolves!!

January 18, 2017 at 12:29pm

Thanks Aneesh for bringing up the quote of Jane Austen. In this evolving society everyone need be financially independent…

• Aneesh

January 18, 2017 at 2:32pm

So Financial Inclusion-> Information, Education, Communication-> Formal Access To Credit->Mainstreaming Digital Transactions->Cashless Economy and Finally Demonetisation. Do you support the above evolution or disruptive change like the Forced Imposition: what we are going through now!

• Aneesh

January 18, 2017 at 2:59pm

Yes….I want you to take a stand…And I will reveal why…..or do you want it right away?

• Aneesh

January 18, 2017 at 3:20pm

The thing is this: One of the most hardest hit section of our society as a consequence of demonitisation is Women….Especially the Self Help Group from villages across India, the informal sector’s women workers around India as well as ordinary housewives whose savings just evaporated one fine day…The majority mentioned above were not mainstreamed into Financial Economy as well..Considering that you wanted every women to be financially independent as society evolves…is it fair or unfair for the govt to come up with demonitisation allegedly to erase black money and throw spanner in the already marginalised and unempowered women in the country? Thats all I was saying…..You support or not support is your wish..I was trying to directly say that your post and demonitisation are indirectly connected!!

January 19, 2017 at 5:33pm

Thanks aneesh for helping me understand the connections

• Aneesh

January 19, 2017 at 7:09pm

ഓ, പിന്നേ ! ഒന്ന് പോയെ !!
            ഇതൊന്നും അത്ര വലിയ കാര്യമല്ലന്നേ !!
            ഞാൻ വെറുതെ എനിയ്ക്കു തോന്നിയത് ഷെയർ ചെയ്തെന്നേയുള്ളു!!

15. theonlysup

January 18, 2017 at 1:58pm

i would be more happy if women involves herself more in financial planning and being financially literate rather than just ignoring it by thinking either her husband or her father would take care of it .

money doesn’t matter unless you think your interest in being financially independent matters..

January 18, 2017 at 2:32pm

I agree with you, money doesn’t matter actually, it’s your financial independence that matters

16. A

January 18, 2017 at 5:19pm

Without financial independence no one can be independent ..Hope the so called independent women understand this

17. kawsreflections

January 18, 2017 at 5:26pm

I love it especially the last line that it is bold. I truly feel that you are right on target with this great post. I enjoyed reading it. Awesome post!!

January 19, 2017 at 5:32pm

Thank you so much. Iam really glad with your words

• kawsreflections

January 19, 2017 at 8:17pm

You’re so welcome my dear. Keep posting those wonderful post and keep being you!!

18. Anju Raj

January 18, 2017 at 6:56pm

Very true indeed! It gives a voice to your thoughts and words!

19. Writeofire

January 18, 2017 at 8:23pm

Very true… Infact, in India boys prefer having a women who can breed their child and are not successful than them. In such cases, choose your career. Because, A man may leave you anytime in your life. But, your career will stay with you till the end.

January 19, 2017 at 5:22pm

I respect your views my friend..very strong perspectives

20. Abhishek Choubey

January 18, 2017 at 10:32pm

People don’t live for money but no one can deny its importance. And it has been a mindset of people in society that a woman has to live on what is provided to her by her father or her spouse. Breaking this stereotype is necessary. Great post, Akhila Di.

January 19, 2017 at 10:13am

Thanks abhishek. Let this message be understood by all…

21. Kumar Harsh

January 18, 2017 at 10:39pm

In my house I have seen all the women work. My Mother has been working since she married. She even did so many new things after the marriage. My grandmother although wasn’t working. But she was the most qualified women of her times. As said by you, earning gives you more than money. It gives you a satisfaction, a confidence in yourself. Great post. 🙂

January 19, 2017 at 8:38am

Thanks harsh. As you said, it’s not about the money earned, it’s about the confidence..

22. Joker Shayar

January 18, 2017 at 11:03pm

this is so motivational that i now decided to marry a girl who should be enough financial independent that i can depend on her for my all financial needs :p 😉 … i support women empowerment 😀

January 19, 2017 at 2:13pm

A lovely post and a great thought, Akhi! Money (or the lack of it) really does not count during our childhood days as we had our parents to worry about it but as we grow into adults, it is always a plus, especially in this world, to be financially independent. However, it has to be the woman’s decision as to what she make her priority and be happy and satisfied with it. Life is not about ‘sacrifices’ for your loved ones or ‘driving yourself to success keeping everything else on hold’, it is all about balancing and making your choices to live life to the fullest. 🙂

January 19, 2017 at 2:32pm

If the sacrifices are bonded in love,no worries..it becomes a burden only when it is just done as a responsibility…happy days my dear nitha

January 19, 2017 at 4:36pm

Thanks sumit..let us encourage them and boost their confidence

January 19, 2017 at 10:54pm

I respect your point dear. And i can really feel what you are mentioning as i resigned my job two years back. And that bond of love is enough to balance our love life.. Even when i was working in an office, i was least bothered on the earnings. So just go on if you are confident in your path.

26. ProBaron

January 20, 2017 at 6:11pm

Money matters allot o. Is the love for it that’s bad. Without money you won’t be a blogger.
    With that being said we all need to make money.
    Please check my blog and tell me your opinions about it. http://Www.probaron.wordpress.com
    We mentor entrepreneurs to bring up their empires

27. kalyansparks

March 10, 2017 at 10:37pm

That kind of thinking should be injected even in village women.Because of this dependency women are harassed and looked down in society.If she is financially independent.Then that helps a lot even in marriage.I am not talking about money.But self respect and dignity