Why can’t we be open to all?

Why can’t we be open to all?

Why do we keep a distance from many..?

(It is not about getting along with everyone or getting too close to everyone, definitely it won’t be possible. But I am thinking about our interaction with people on a superficial level.)

Why can’t we put in a little emotional investment with all?

Why can’t we ask some thought provoking questions instead of artificial ones?

Are we afraid of something being stolen from our mind? Or are we afraid of being revealed?

What is that mind-block which forces us to be less transparent and less attached..?

Or is it some ego like, let him/her be open first, then only I need to be open?

What happens if we are read as an open book? Are we afraid of some harm forthcoming being open? Or is it some security threats..?

When we create an open book mind set, won’t it open a new love world in front of us?

Or are we trying to have that wonders in people’s eyes as mentioned in Alice is still in wonderland, by revealing less?

One thought on “Why can’t we be open to all?

1. Varun

January 19, 2017 at 9:56am

It’s cause, more often than not, when we open our hearts to get closer, the people at the other end casually take a part of our soul and smash it into pieces. So, a part of us dies just cause we trusted and loved. And hence the locked heart and a fake mask to put up. hehe… nice questionable post yaar..

2. Jothish Joseph

January 19, 2017 at 10:24am

It’s true, if we are like an open book then the world will be a better place. Perhaps the reason why we hold back ourselves is because we humans are afraid of being judged, by default we don’t prefer our character to be questioned. No matter how lovable a person is, after a certain stage even blood relations acquire competitive nature. People want to prove themselves better than another. If companies were like open books, the public would notice the loop holes thus denying them business. So open mindedness and competition cannot coexist!

January 19, 2017 at 4:33pm

I liked it, open mindedness and competition cannot coexist. Again this is a competitive world,no..so do you think that we can never be open minded?

• Jothish Joseph

January 19, 2017 at 6:05pm

I wouldn’t say we cannot be opened minded. It’s definitely possible but perhaps that condition may not last forever. The best example to that is the story of “MAVELI TAMBURAN”. The thought of open-mindedness mentioned here is a perfect description of his kingdom. Isn’t it? You know the whole story!

3. radhikasreflection

January 19, 2017 at 10:41am

We hold back mainly from the fear of being hurt or judged. Except with a close few, we always feel comfortable with our mask on.

January 19, 2017 at 1:04pm

isnt it a mind game.. can we be hurt really..?

• radhikasreflection

January 19, 2017 at 1:14pm

Unless we are emotionally well evolved and mature, others comments or opinions do hurt. Hence most people decide to play safe by holding back.

January 19, 2017 at 2:34pm

I don’t know radhika..maybe a few come under this category..definitely reasons will be varying from people to people

4. Aneesh

January 19, 2017 at 12:28pm

Ente Thought Provoking Question inte Reply Ithuvarey Than Thanilla!!

• Aneesh

January 19, 2017 at 12:47pm

ഹഹഹഹഹ!!
        താൻ എന്തു മറുപടി പറഞ്ഞാലും എനിക്ക് ഒരു പ്രശ്നവും ഇല്ല !!കാരണം ഓരോരുത്തരുടെയും കാഴ്ചപാടുകൾ ഒരിയ്ക്കലും ഒന്നാവണം എന്ന് ഒരു നിയമവും ഇല്ല. പിന്നേയ് I wont Judge based on your stand!! So No Problems!! 🙂

January 19, 2017 at 1:03pm

nope.. nothing like that.
          okay.. let me say my views “On a long run, his vision will be beneficial for the entire country. ” shhhhhhhh….no more questions..and finally let me make it clear that i am neither his promoter, nor his destroyer.

• Aneesh

January 19, 2017 at 7:14pm

Okay……No more questions!!

January 19, 2017 at 10:40pm

Only thing is i don’t want to go for an argumental mode here in wp

January 19, 2017 at 2:15pm

Hey, Akhi! How are you today?
    I think being open and free must be reserved for your very close and dear people in your life with whom you need not worry about being judged.

6. Joker Shayar

January 19, 2017 at 2:17pm

it depends on vibes we get from others mostly. Personally if I find the person i am interacting with is thinking the same way i do, then i will keep opening the pages of book. but if i feel , i am pushing them to shuffle through my pages, then i have to close the book… or they can take it as annoying, irritating or even desp sometime 😛 …

January 19, 2017 at 2:20pm

I agree with you bunny..somewhat similar to my feelings

7. Sapna Kapoor

January 19, 2017 at 3:20pm

I think, it happens with all of us.
    Basic human nature is that we don’t want others to judge us, we want people to understand us.

January 19, 2017 at 4:14pm

Thanks sapna…does it all lie in that fear of being judgemental..i wonder…

• Sapna Kapoor

January 19, 2017 at 4:27pm

🙂
        I really liked ur point in post and then continuation of it in Supreet’s post.
        I think it is one important aspect.
        Just one example…. People when they get unwell they tell everyone from office/ home / friends / some even post on FB to broadcast to whole world and they go to physician. But if someone has mental stress and need to visit psychologist, they don’t inform people around them. Either they don’t visit them and if visit….hardly anyone knows about it.
        Main problem with most of us that we try to “look good”.

January 19, 2017 at 5:49pm

Look good..ya it could be reason for not being open to all…just we need to maintain a fake image in front of others..
          Thanks sapna fir this explanation

8. mataindah

January 19, 2017 at 3:59pm

the real version of you shouldnt be always exposed to the world.. becoz that puts you in back stabbing and betraying circumstances

January 19, 2017 at 4:13pm

Ya…let us try to be in our own natural ways..anyway open-mindedness will definitely open world of love and attachments in front of you

10. kawsreflections

January 19, 2017 at 8:05pm

I loved it. This is awesome. I really loved it. I was really moved. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

11. senora

January 19, 2017 at 10:34pm

I think even investing emotionally on everybody on a superficial level would be emotionally too draining. Also, I think its best to be on hi-bye terms with some people for our own protection.

January 19, 2017 at 10:45pm

Ya i can understand what you are referring to. Hmm, true in some sense..

12. my valiant soul

January 19, 2017 at 11:00pm

It will be so much peace inside our hearts if that happens.Perhaps,too many unclosed hearts force to have closed opinions.

January 20, 2017 at 9:37am

Ya it will definitely be a peaceful world. But What do you mean by unclosed hearts forcing to have closed opinions

• my valiant soul

January 20, 2017 at 10:03am

We still are afraid of what others might think or say indicating closed opinions.:)

13. spudbudette

January 20, 2017 at 12:39am

I find that when I reveal too much too soon – which I was in the habit of doing all the time – face to face it drives people away. It is very lonely.

January 20, 2017 at 9:40am

That’s totally a new thing for me…wondering how will it drive people away…

14. Meenakshi Sethi

January 20, 2017 at 2:29am

Not everyone of us are at similar mental level. We can open ourselves only to someone who is equally interested in us. Sometimes block comes from other side. We need like minded or someone who won’t backstab us after knowing all our secrets…maybe that’s why!

January 20, 2017 at 2:10pm

Maybe that’s the issue..we donno what’s their in their mind

• Meenakshi Sethi

January 20, 2017 at 2:15pm

Yes, we never know that and how to proceed further without this. I affected myself many times by trusting people blindly. I’m kind of person who used to think everyone is like me but my bitter experiences changed it.

January 20, 2017 at 2:22pm

I can much relate to your mind, as i ‘was’ very much like that.but now training myself…so in between, still i was thinking, why should i limit…just doing a rewind through my notion

• Meenakshi Sethi

January 20, 2017 at 2:26pm

Still glad to read your post and blessed to have people like you in this world! ☺
            I too get temptation like that often, this happens bcoz our basic nature is that of love and it can’t be changed.

January 20, 2017 at 3:13pm

True..that’s why we could easily feel the emotional vibes transmitted..

15. Fairy Kumar

January 20, 2017 at 10:29am

Umm… My sentiments matters a lot but if the other person gets hurt by what I say or do then, nothing can be more sad than that!

January 20, 2017 at 12:24pm

True..i agree with you fully..i too over think under such scenarios…that’s why i asked myself in my prev post..”why so serious “

16. Fab Writings

January 20, 2017 at 6:20pm

I am panda who have the doors of his heart always open, but the problem is nobody knocks at them. The problem is the people being selfish and not interested in knowing about others. They have forgotten the lesson “dukh baatne se kam hota hai, assuming that you know Hindi, Pain decreases with sharing, assuming that you don’t know hindi.

17. Fab Writings

January 20, 2017 at 11:03pm

Oh, Akhila Di is here…
    Please come in, it’s an honour for me that you visited my heart!
    What would you like to have? Tea or coffee or water?

January 21, 2017 at 1:03pm

Well..i prefer coffee with hide n seek biscuits

• Fab Writings

January 21, 2017 at 1:04pm

Oh why not?
        Our choices are very much similar, it seems to me.
        I will be back in a minute, you just have a seat. 🙂

18. Durga Prasad Dash

January 21, 2017 at 7:49am

Pertinent questions. But sometimes (not always) ‘open-ness’, or truth brings its own sets of problems and it takes out a lot of charm out of living.

January 21, 2017 at 1:02pm

Appreciate your views..ya, at times a balance is required

19. Masoom Jethwa

January 21, 2017 at 6:33pm

We cannot open just like a cookie is opened with a bottle opener, we all have our own setup to close open.like a door which is there bcz of our own maintenance.

January 24, 2017 at 3:41pm

Then what will happen on a day when it becomes fully worthy

• Beparvah !!

January 24, 2017 at 10:11pm

Then perhaps we will open up but frankly it seems to be a distant dream because how so ever we try to make peace with this fact that “no one actually can hurt us until we want to be” it really doesn’t hasten because this comes when we take calculated move… and I believe if we really need to open up then we need to have trust and love that both these aspects comes naturally not otherwise !! 🙂