I had a feeling about it – A gut instinct

Many a times, we always have a “This is it” feeling, a gut instinct. And often it works out. We are unaware of the reasons behind our gut instincts. They are felt at once.

Instincts are not something in our brain; they are some feelings. In fact, instincts play tricks in our intelligent brain making us cautious on some unfamiliar things, making us conscious on the environment.

They can’t be called as some random thoughts; instead they are some scientific feelers.  It’s actually, every cell in our body thinking alike and working together.

“List every time your gut instinct helped you.” I read somewhere like this. Sounds good, no?

So how do you exercise your intuitive senses to make it sharper?

How do you decide which gut instincts to believe, supporting your feelings with facts?

One thought on “I had a feeling about it – A gut instinct

1. A

February 14, 2017 at 9:09am

Exercise the one word in English I hate the most

2. radhikasreflection

February 14, 2017 at 9:37am

Gut feeling or intuition is like the sixth sense which fore warns us. It is good to pay heed to them.

• Rekha

February 14, 2017 at 10:50am

They say gut is the brain in our stomach. I agree with you R, we should listen to our intuition, it’s always right. 🙂

February 14, 2017 at 10:58am

Thanks rekha. It’s called as the second brain , if you pay proper attention

• Rekha

February 14, 2017 at 11:36am

Yes aks. Second but it controls all the functions of our body like breathing, heart beats, healing a wound and of course, warns us of a danger or any bad situation that we might fall in. It is also known as the subconscious mind.

February 14, 2017 at 3:32pm

rekha..hearing you calling me ‘aks’, now i have a gut instinct that you are the one whom i know.. Am i correct..?

February 14, 2017 at 10:56am

Yes. They always lead us in the best way..but should be aware that it’s the real instinct..

3. Pradita Kapahi

February 14, 2017 at 10:30am

I just use my sixth sense when I need to. Other times just ignore the gut feeling and then repent.

February 14, 2017 at 10:59am

Yes..there is science behind that, like perception of our inner mind..maybe based on environmental and all

5. Sunith

February 14, 2017 at 11:00am

gut feeling is when the body and the heart is raring to go and do something when the mind is lethargic and uses its excuses full of buts…which also means if you ignore too many guts, you will be left smoldering with buts

February 14, 2017 at 3:29pm

yes.. that’s better.. atleast we can satisfy our own mind

6. theonlysup

February 14, 2017 at 1:25pm

i think you must read the book “secret” though im not a big fan of that book but since you mentioned instinct here i felt may be u will like it.
    sometimes its a belief that you believe strongly in your deeds , your thoughts and universe will somehow adjust itself for you .. they say your thoughts become your reality

February 14, 2017 at 3:28pm

thanks for recommending the book supreeth.
      ya.. may be some conspiracies of the universe.

7. Aneesh

February 14, 2017 at 1:33pm

From the word go I had a gut feeling that the impeding verdict would go against Chinna Mummy Sasikala. Lo And Behold!! She got an unforgettable gift from Supreme Court on Valentines Day!! 4 Years Imprisonment!!!
    Gut feeling of a whole state prevailed!!

February 14, 2017 at 3:30pm

yess… there you are.. just saw the news..

8. gserpent

February 14, 2017 at 2:10pm

That ‘gut feeling’ is being connected to the all. Your true self. Some call it intuition, higher self, or subconscious. When you are connected to it, you will find out it is always right. You are not a soul in a body, you are a body in a soul. I sharpen it with a healthy dose of nature. Nature is the living subconscious.

February 14, 2017 at 2:40pm

I like that nature is the living subconscious. There are many things, many signals which you can catch from nature

• gserpent

February 14, 2017 at 3:01pm

These are all signals you are giving yourself. The ancients referred to this as magic. No one knows how to look for the signals anymore. Everyone is to far into the left brain.

February 14, 2017 at 3:26pm

signals are always there around us.. how we perceive that matters actually

9. A Walk into the Woods

February 14, 2017 at 2:47pm

I tend to follow my instincts quite a lot. I believe whether correct or not, one must honor their inner voice, as it ensures that there are no regrets and external blaming factors.

February 14, 2017 at 3:24pm

true..above all, it matters a lot if you are able to get in sync with that gut instincts.

10. kawsreflections

February 14, 2017 at 3:25pm

I love my gut instinct. I always make my decisions for the most part on my gut instincts. I am good at noticing good and bad vibes. Always listen to your gut. It has never lead me astray. Thanks for sharing.

February 14, 2017 at 3:27pm

thanks for your views and good to know that you are accepting the sole responsibility of the instincts.

11. Charvi Tandon

February 14, 2017 at 4:25pm

its always that i follow my intution .
    and there is actully science about it as we are able to get those frequencies that try to break the equilibrium of the body

February 14, 2017 at 4:29pm

Woww.. So you are back..where were you lost in between

13. Bikramjit

February 14, 2017 at 6:13pm

I have been bad to myself over the years but that is because probably i am not a strong person .. for having others dictate what i should do or done..

Neverthless its my fault maybe i will learn one day… So I am the last one to say anything … gut feelings do always tend to work out the right ones but in life there are other things which sometimes overpower one.. and hindsight is a good thing .. if only…

February 15, 2017 at 8:05pm

I can understand your words bikram. It’s upto the person. And definitely not all of us can feel that gut instincts and even if felt, not necessary to be in sync with that..

14. tingleurtastebuds

February 14, 2017 at 7:24pm

After reading your post Akhila I could relate to the book I have read “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne. Am a great fan of that book and believe that whatever you think without any doubts the universe makes it happen. It’s true it happens when you are very sure. Read that book it is a very postive book.
    Meena

February 15, 2017 at 8:02pm

Thanks a lot for your suggestion meena.. Definitely will try to have a copy.

February 14, 2017 at 9:26pm

So are you still posting in the other blog..this blog is anew one, right

16. 2ndhalfolife

February 14, 2017 at 11:03pm

We all originally were like any animal that had to use instincts to survive. Some folks still have the ability (and good sense) to continue to use this natural/innate characteristic. I think it’s part of us, but some just don’t pay attention to it anymore….

February 15, 2017 at 8:02pm

Yes,that animalistic nature is a part of us..

February 15, 2017 at 10:30am

Yes. It’s the collective consciousness, a result of cells thinking alike and deciding alike..

18. Abhishek Choubey

February 15, 2017 at 5:04pm

Gut feeling, subconscious, intuition…. whatever we call them, they are there…driving us to what is the best thing to do. Rarely failing us and in a way, I think our surroundings help a great deal to shape these feelings.

February 15, 2017 at 7:51pm

Yes.. There’s a lot to observe from the environment.. I agree with you totally as nature is the best signal provider.

19. DARKLOVE9095

February 15, 2017 at 5:31pm

I trust the guts when I am confident enough. For example,if I have a doubt about something I would give it a thought a bit later. If I strongly feel that it’s fishy, I just don’t approach it. And untill now, it has turned out to be beneficial to me. So yes I trust my instincts.

February 15, 2017 at 8:19pm

actually guts wont allow you to take a second thought..if you do, it’s not a gut.. It’s just a random thought of which you are not so confident

20. Blythe Wilson

May 31, 2017 at 4:40am

I like to refer to my gut instinct as my “God Conscious” – it has never steered me wrong when I have listened to it.

May 31, 2017 at 11:03am

Nice usage, God conscious.. seems faith and self confidence work in sync for you