What’s that one thing you are most passionate about?

By | March 7, 2017

“What is that one thing you are most passionate about in life?”

Don’t invite Tom and Jerry as answer to this query.

Or please don’t tell like “I am passionate about anything in life” or “I am not interested in anything in life, I just live as I am born”.  😉

Jokes apart, definitely there will be one thing that excites you in life which you love to do always, isn’t it? But yes, you can do it only if you knew what it was. (and yes, Not enough to have a passion, you have to have a work ethic too )

“Live with your passion”, this is something which we hear very often. But how..? It is not easy as it sounds.

Have you tried to uncover that passion and Leave a mark in this world?

98 thoughts on “What’s that one thing you are most passionate about?

Good to know Hannah.. you love to read and write always, but are you able to do that always..

1. Sha'Tara

Ahah! And thanks for bringing that up. Now you’re talking my language! Passion and work ethic working together – well I finally found a way to make both come together: passion to become a compassionate being and the way to achieve that is to work at helping people, or in service to people. So, work united with passion.

While working in an 8-6 environment we forget about our true passion. We just live with that, just flowing in that daily routine.. many a time can’t escape from that trap unless you put some conscious effort to understand your real interests…

That’s really nice.. so is that just a hobby or your living means

Okay.. now I understand and really appreciates as you are living your passion. It’s rarely found nowadays..

2. Shaggy

Life as a whole I believe…….
    I am passionate about meeting new people and ofc old people…….
    I am passionate about traveling to new places
    Passionate about everything…..
    Quite energetic I’d say

Wow.. I truly appreciate that.. so hope you have a work ethic too to reach there

4. Shaggy

I read it and thats why I wrote it. Rule breaking is amongst one of things I am passionate about. :;)

5. boundlessblessingsblog

So beautiful and yes passions are very important to take you forward in anything you want to do and achieve. I too love writing poems and it is my passion even to write a story which I am doing but will take time. Great post Akhila.

Thanks kamal.. I love writing and reading.. but they are not my passions, I think.. or I am trying to find out that materialistic thing on which I am passionate about

1. boundlessblessingsblog

Great and do what you are doing right now and enjoy your life’s priority is your son take care of him and give time to yourself too. All will go well, blessings to you dear.

6. Jothish Joseph

It’s true, live with passion sounds so cool but it isn’t easy.
    If I were to answer that question of what I’m passionate about I would say I’m passionate about being me and doing everything that I love to do(that’s a really long list, blogging is one of them).

Ah. But we all can have that long list.. as you mentioned it’s not easy to find out your true passion and live with that..

1. Jothish Joseph

That’s true, specially in this world which demands a person to be an all-rounder. Everyone wants more options!

between are you not doing what you are passionate about now, since yourself being a medical student

7. theonlysup

my passion .. umm sharing knowledge what i have technical and non technical.inspiring self and others , sharing brainstorming ideas .
    goal : publishing 100 videos in a year i.e 8 videos a month on youtube.
    100 subscribers in 6 months .

wow.. well planned.. yes, that work ethic will drive you for sure..

1. theonlysup

thanks akhila .. now love that subscribe button passionately .. hahaha just kidding.. of-course you passion will drive you to next level .

ha ha..i was just replying the same to Abhishek.. On a lighter side, i am living with my passion only, but I am yet to fix one materialistic passion from my long list of goals..I have a vision in mind, maybe that will turn up as my passion in near future. It’s a question which I ask myself..So I am trying myself to have a fixed answer for that

ha ha.. that’s the reason i have fixed that rule , so that myself wont come up with a list of passions.. again goals and passions are different, I think..so I am yet to detect my true materialistic passion from that list of goals

3. theonlysup

let us know when you fix.. ah you have a huge fans here who would like hear from you 🙂

8. bhaatdal

Amazing thought, and loved the line don’t invite Tom and jerry, you are right we should know what is our passion and what are we passionate about 🙂

thanks a lot.. really glad that you noticed Tom and Jerry.;)..
      So are you living with your passion my friend..?

1. bhaatdal

Hahaha ! I was about to say after reading my blog what do you Say? But now As tou have already said no Tom .. so yes I am living the fullest…:) 🙂

9. Vinayak Gupta

My passion is to direct a movie !! Making a nonfiction Film…!!!
    I feel pity on my self when i had a chance to do so at that time i was indulge in some other activities and now i am far far away from that dream. its my Dream!!!
    yeah but the day i will be back in India i will put all my efforts and will make it true!!!
    i am Alive just for that thing and will definitely leave a mark in this world!!! 🙂

thnxzz for this question, actually it brighten up the fire in me right now!!!

woww.. so happy that this notion could bright up the fire in you.. between it is a question which i ask very often.
      Then, about your dream, you have realised that atleast now. So first step is over. Now there will be so many obstacles.. think whether they are genuine obstacles or not and act accordingly. You dream will come true for sure. Hope to get that great news soon..

You explained it so well dear.. Now I know why you are so curious on my last friday jalebi about soul.

11. Abhishek Choubey

You rightly mentioned that we’ve all been told about being passionate about everything we do but this doesn’t really make any sense, not to me. I can be passionate about something which is practically feasible and materialistic. Although I like writing poems and entertaining people, I’m not passionate about these. And I’m still trying to figure out, still looking for that one thing which will drive me uphill and to the top. This was a great post indeed, thank you for bringing this up.

thanks Abhishek, your words reflect the unsaid part of my passion too.. I also love writing and reading, i can spend hours reading and writing. but i dont think that its my passion. There is something more..

exactly.. i hope we will reach a point when we meet and recognise it as the true passion

hmm.. It’s one among my list of four items to be explored..;)
    A ghost hunter..;)

13. Moushmi Radhanpara

I will admit here that I know what my passion is but have not done much to pursue it, or rather not done much to keep it constantly in my life. Having said that, it is still a part of my life; and that is dancing.
    Well not everyday do I do that but my second love, or as you say passion is reading which on the other hand I do every single day. My day does not end without reading a few pages of the novel I am reading.

14. doodlessworld

Doodling, i love making doodles. Though i Haven’t posted a new one since long. And yes, writing. I like to write, pen down my thoughts, write letters to friends, blog posts, diary, anything that strikes my mind. 🙂

Well.. may I ask you one thing, can this passion be your means of living..

It’s so nice of you.. having a little chitchat is always relaxing.

Ha ha.. that’s so cool…so awaiting your party…hope I will be invited

So sweet.. so here is akhila smiling for my little fairy☺️☺️☺️

17. batrah

I am passionate about meeting new people, having a fruitful conversation with say you & to know more about people rather then sitting in office & doing nothing, I miss passion in my life

Ah.. nice to meet you too.. but you need to have some work arounds if you miss your passion and most importantly just confirm that it’s your true passion..

1. batrah

Thankyou for the suggestions. What do u do? I hope u don’t mind me asking you something.

18. shreyans

I am passionate about knowing. I am really curious. And generally people do get irritated because of it, but i cant help it.

1. shreyans

When you ask questions and people dont havd the answer, or may be they dont want to know the answer, they get irritated..

19. shreyans

It feels so good to see the reactions of people on this post. Great post akhila
    Shreyans

20. skd

Tom and Jerry are asking: “Aunty, what is your passion?” 😉

21. sewloveable

Such a great post! I am passionate about making deliciously-healthy cooking. I just want people to put good things on their bodies and not feel like they are missing out in the taste/flavor department.

It’s really great.. so how are you finding time to spend with your passion…

1. sewloveable

Just carving out time daily to either experiment in the kitchen or researching and exploring ideas for recipes that benefit the body.

22. my valiant soul

This passion is such a thing that always intrigues me,yet I am unstable in picking one as I fickle a lot..but yes okay smiling and writing for my own betterment can be an answer to your question..

Well.. smiling and writing, I agree to that.. but there is something more which is unexplored or undetected ..isn’t it..

23. Jeni G.J

Sports..I’m passionate about other things as well like writing,painting and guitar but it’s nowhere close to passion I had for sports. I still have it.

Oh..whenever people tell about cricket, my grand mom comes into my mind..she was a big fan of cricket in her old ages.. it was really wonder for all of us while thinking about her passion in cricket, that too in her seventies..

24. mataindah

It is so nice of you to actually listen to us in a busy schedule..coming back to the question raised by you.. medicine was my passion not coz it is a white collar job it is coz the satisfaction you feel when your patients are free of pain is unexplainable..If your patient comes back to life after a major health issue definitely respect you to the core and he or she will include you in their prayers..
    I think those small moments will be the best moments in my life..
    Hopefully i can be a good doctor ( if god intends)

True that fare.. your passion is very much in sync with your present status.. so just be what you wish to be..

25. Moushmi Radhanpara

Despite all my efforts I fail at it, time just does not permit it.
    Still I try and I will keep trying. I can never completely leave it, cause that is a part of my life without which I can never be complete.

That’s so cool.. you admit that without dance you are incomplete..so I am quite sure that you will find time to practice it too..

26. crystalamayy

Ya that’s the thing,we don’t get chance and the finance part is tough and envy those who get paid fr travelling.dance,not a great dancer but was a part of dance troop in school,haven’t learn it professionally but it gives that atmost happiness .

27. Pingback: It’s rainy out.. let’s talk about passion! – Joe Flair's Mind