Reluctant to ask..why?

I don’t mind helping you in the best way I can, but I am reluctant to ask for your help though I know that there are people who even like it. (Without having any Secret agenda behind the helping hands )

Have you tried to figure out the reasons behind this reluctance..? Or are you of the other type, ‘no worries to be helped’?

How to ask for what you need is an art. Being in a people driven world, we can’t live in isolation. So earlier the better if one can learn that art. We need to know the reason behind this reluctance, and then only one can decide whether to overcome it or not

So what do you think? Is it due to a thought arising from any of these attitudes?

• No favour please
  • It’s obligatory
  • Can’t be burden for you
  • I am perfectionist, don’t like the way you do
  • Afraid of the judgemental reaction from others
  • Worried upon exposing my inability
  • My ego
  • Afraid of being confused further after the help
  • Fear of being rejected

One thought on “Reluctant to ask..why?

1. mathias sager

April 20, 2017 at 10:10am

I’m reluctant to ask for help sometimes because if I genuinely return the favor, I’m afraid of causing a feeling of obligation to the other person to reciprocate again. However, thinking again, we should probably just ask more for help as indeed many people like helping very much! Great post, thanks

April 20, 2017 at 12:23pm

Thanks a lot Mathias. You reflect my voice in that feeling of obligation..

2. boundlessblessingsblog

April 20, 2017 at 11:52am

Hmmm sometimes ego comes into play and then we would not want to do anything for anyone. Great words Akhila.

4. Jeni G.J

April 20, 2017 at 1:15pm

It’s like I know I can do it myself. So I won’t use you for my need. If I can’t do it myself, I’ll definitely ask you a favour.

April 24, 2017 at 2:36pm

Hmm.. good then.. you are free of that reluctance..

5. Colors of my life

April 20, 2017 at 5:26pm

In my case, I love to do things myself, unless and until I am fully exhausted. I love to research about a given task.

Like these days, my wife want kitchen cabinets. I have no issue in buying, and we went as well.

But I don’t know what stuck me, I said, I want to make by myself. So these days, learning myself how to do woodworking and doing things.

So that’s another angle, it’s not ego or I can’t do it. I want to do it, that I don’t want your help.

April 24, 2017 at 2:38pm

Welll..that’s a powerful notion..I really appreciate that learning mentality

April 24, 2017 at 2:41pm

Mm.. why should we make others in trouble in both cases..

6. Shweta Suresh

April 20, 2017 at 8:18pm

I believe that some of those can be the reason why many people hesitate to ask for help or favour of any kind..

7. Meenakshi Sethi

April 21, 2017 at 1:30am

I can’t be a burden on others and also I feel shy but my daughter is helping me change this attitude.

8. mywords331

April 21, 2017 at 7:05am

It is really an art and this reluctance is in most of ours behaviour.
    But yes earlier the better..
    We should learn this art.

April 24, 2017 at 2:43pm

Thanks neha. So you too think that we should learn this art..hmm..

9. DARKLOVE9095

April 21, 2017 at 5:41pm

Worried upon exposing my inability and I might get confused just after hearing the solution….

10. Shweta Suresh

April 24, 2017 at 8:51pm

Enitt full explanation provide cheyyunna reasons kandu pidicho? 😉 😀

11. Shweta Suresh

April 25, 2017 at 11:25am

Ohhh oru single reason illathond aayirikkum. I believe the reason or reasons will differ from person to person. Athukond kore reason + oru etc might be the best answer. 😉 😀

• Shweta Suresh

April 25, 2017 at 11:48am

Athu kond nammuk etc ennu vilikaam. 😉 Oru survey nadathiyal answers kittumayirikkumo?