Time passes, but not in your mind

By | May 2, 2017

I believe that the greatest wonder in the world is mind. And it is the super-fast traveller in the universe. It can travel back and forth in time. Mind tries to pull or push you away from present. It makes you wander in the past and future.

It is not time bounded. There is no start or end for the mind journey. No one can tie it down. Therefore there is no time in mind.

Oh.. mind is winning over time.. It is really great while thinking more on it.

We always tell like ‘time will go on’. But often we forget about the exception, i.e. our own mind. Our thoughts wander here and there like a free horse, sometimes slowly, sometime swiftly.

When we think about the whole universe, it is rolling over time from past to future.. (or is it from future to past..?. I donno.)

There is no return path for the life in universe.  It cannot go back to past (or can it go back?, I donno). Time passes whether we measure it or not..

But time does not exist in mind. It is freed from time. Have you wondered about this mystery of mind..?

75 thoughts on “Time passes, but not in your mind

1. Parveen Sabharwal

Yes true our mind never lives in present. It is sad while looking in the past and takes you to cloud nine by thinking about the shiny future

thanks Parveen..you are right..mind always peeps into the future and turn back to the history, forgetting the present.and mind never realizes that the time is moving on in the life.

2. mySestina

Great Post Akhila…. Mind is such a fascinating gift that we humans have. I get carried away with its capabilities and the infinite possibilities it can create… Ohh, I am having goosebumps thinking about it… Thanks for sharing

yes.. it travels faster than light..read somewhere.. i should be true.. but how can we measure it..? oh , you are also making my mind to think more and more..

1. mySestina

you already have tickled my imagination… I get so fascinated when i watch documentaries on brain… amazing

yes my friend.. it is always a mystery and makes us in a wonderland..

ha ha.. I am a psychology student always..irrespective of my profession.. thanks a lot Dhiraj for your understanding..

3. myheartbeats4ublog

hey, another nice one. hmmm..mind and time! mind is independent of time and is perpetually in motion..time cant match pace with the speed and multi-directional movement of the mind!!

yes.. you got it…time can never meet the multi directional or rather direction less path of mind…

but whenever we think to control, it is more and more aggressive to deviate.. I wonder how it should really happen..

hmm… how can I leave it alone.. I feel I am getting psychic..

yes jacque, mind exists without the concept of time..how wonder it is, right..?

4. shilpamohan5

Exactly…mind is actually a wonder..also it s dfntly the most strong and most powerful thing in the world..

5. calebspen

I love the freedom of the mind . a place of solitude and where you could create a life you want and be happy .with the mind they are no limitations. Great post

thank you..yes, no limitations in mind.. and it is always a pleasure to walk with mind

6. 2ndhalfolife

Time and the mind are mysterious things….if we could break the code we’d be famous. So many books, movies, art given over trying to figure out what it all means! But we need mystery!! 🙂

7. Pingback: Am I a bit psychic..? | Words and Notion

8. Hunain Mehmood

I really loved reading all of your notions. This one in particular got to me. Mind indeed lies in a timeless realm. To run away from all of my worries i sometimes create this world within my mind. It’s not an illusion but more of like a bounded world free of past, present and future. It helps me calm down myself. Have a moment of peace without having any thought of any kind. As soon as this world gets destroyed the mind again races back and and forth between what was, what is and what will be. I hope i don’t sound vague lol.
    Give this a read. you might understand what im talking about.

thanks a lot for your words.. definitely i will check that link…
      you are absolutely right, we only created the timelessness with your mind..

9. onyajay

This was kind of a nice notion for me. I can see myself as maybe an archaeologist, or a famous singer… (though I think that future is probably unlikely!) …or with grey hair (which is far more likely), or even slim??!! ha ha. In your mind you can be 12 years old, I can remember falling off my roller skates and breaking my arm on my 13th birthday. I can be in high school again (yikes) or giving birth or in London or digging for opals. I can have influenza or be cuddling my two year old. Yes….this is the benefit of a mind with no time.
    It’s called memory. What a wonderful thing. My mother is still smiling at me, after all these years.
    Thankyou.

Thank you…its all a mind game, which will never make us forget certain things

10. Ben Aqiba

Well, Mind is the most important thing in our life.
    We need to learn how to use it properly.He can push us to the stars, and trow us in mud. I have cured most of my illness with my mind.Allergies, inflammation…

11. Colors of my life

In my opinion, my weakness/lackness/sluggishness/success/gain/plus all related to mind.

When I set myself a goal with concentration, everything comes in order. And if I said, let’s do it tomorrow. Than its just the mind playing up.

12. Bikramjit

True true .. Good job we don’t have the rewind button otherwise I am sure mind would have made us press’s it a few times..

13. Moushmi Radhanpara

This is such a thought.
    mind always wanders off. My mind never stays at a point. It has to dance off from one thought to another.

Yeah.. it’s relaxing in fact to dance with the wandering mind

14. boundlessblessingsblog

Great words, Akhila and time is a mystery and mind is always flitting like a monkey sometimes here or there but never in one place. Awesome post.

Our mind makes or breaks us. It’s strange ways makes the entire universe conspire to achieving what you wish and can bring you down on your knees binding your life into a bubble of fear and anxiety. The powers of the mind. Good one, Akhi!

Pleasure…have a nice day and enjoy the mysteries of mind

It’s hard to control… but why should be controlled.. let it wander freely

16. mylittlepursuitsofhappyness

Our mind is working all the time..though time passes what stays engraved in our minds stays the same.. everything associated with it too.. though the instances may be old or history it still knows how to cope with it in the current time on the other hand the heart can disturb you.. heart can over rule your mind..

17. shifafawaz

Yes! I totally agree…
    Our mind is so powerful since nothing can tie it down. It is free and has no boundaries..
    Very thought-provoking! 🙂

Yes, Shifa…mind wanders freely even to boundaries of the universe..

18. Shweta Suresh

Great thoughts, dear. The human mind is amazing. Not only can it hold tons of memories, it can also travel to any place, anytime. Nammal physically oridathanenkilum our mind can travel to places miles away. Distanceum timeum onnum illa. No boundaries. Only limited by our imaginations. It’s like having an unlimited open ticket to travel anywhere, alle..

19. Shweta Suresh

I always thought those stuff were always meant to happen. Aa rishimar parayunnath verum oru nimitham maathram aayirikkum enna..