Time passes, but not in your mind

I believe that the greatest wonder in the world is mind. And it is the super-fast traveller in the universe. It can travel back and forth in time. Mind tries to pull or push you away from present. It makes you wander in the past and future.

It is not time bounded. There is no start or end for the mind journey. No one can tie it down. Therefore there is no time in mind.

Oh.. mind is winning over time.. It is really great while thinking more on it.

We always tell like ‘time will go on’. But often we forget about the exception, i.e. our own mind. Our thoughts wander here and there like a free horse, sometimes slowly, sometime swiftly.

When we think about the whole universe, it is rolling over time from past to future.. (or is it from future to past..?. I donno.)

There is no return path for the life in universe.  It cannot go back to past (or can it go back?, I donno). Time passes whether we measure it or not..

But time does not exist in mind. It is freed from time. Have you wondered about this mystery of mind..?

One thought on “Time passes, but not in your mind

1. Parveen Sabharwal

May 27, 2016 at 12:41pm

Yes true our mind never lives in present. It is sad while looking in the past and takes you to cloud nine by thinking about the shiny future

May 27, 2016 at 12:52pm

thanks Parveen..you are right..mind always peeps into the future and turn back to the history, forgetting the present.and mind never realizes that the time is moving on in the life.

2. mySestina

May 27, 2016 at 1:01pm

Great Post Akhila…. Mind is such a fascinating gift that we humans have. I get carried away with its capabilities and the infinite possibilities it can create… Ohh, I am having goosebumps thinking about it… Thanks for sharing

May 27, 2016 at 1:04pm

yes.. it travels faster than light..read somewhere.. i should be true.. but how can we measure it..? oh , you are also making my mind to think more and more..

• mySestina

May 27, 2016 at 1:07pm

you already have tickled my imagination… I get so fascinated when i watch documentaries on brain… amazing

3. extinct0703

May 27, 2016 at 1:12pm

At time I wonder if you are an IT professional or pyscology student doing Phd.

May 27, 2016 at 1:25pm

ha ha.. I am a psychology student always..irrespective of my profession.. thanks a lot Dhiraj for your understanding..

5. myheartbeats4ublog

May 27, 2016 at 1:47pm

hey, another nice one. hmmm..mind and time! mind is independent of time and is perpetually in motion..time cant match pace with the speed and multi-directional movement of the mind!!

May 27, 2016 at 1:53pm

yes.. you got it…time can never meet the multi directional or rather direction less path of mind…

• myheartbeats4ublog

May 27, 2016 at 1:57pm

True..and mind control… it would channelise the speed & direction, albeit to a limited extend…

May 27, 2016 at 1:59pm

but whenever we think to control, it is more and more aggressive to deviate.. I wonder how it should really happen..

May 27, 2016 at 2:28pm

yes jacque, mind exists without the concept of time..how wonder it is, right..?

6. shilpamohan5

May 27, 2016 at 5:10pm

Exactly…mind is actually a wonder..also it s dfntly the most strong and most powerful thing in the world..

May 27, 2016 at 9:33pm

thanks friend.. yes.. it is a miracle always..

8. calebspen

May 28, 2016 at 1:59am

I love the freedom of the mind . a place of solitude and where you could create a life you want and be happy .with the mind they are no limitations. Great post

May 28, 2016 at 9:59am

thank you..yes, no limitations in mind.. and it is always a pleasure to walk with mind

9. 2ndhalfolife

May 28, 2016 at 2:02am

Time and the mind are mysterious things….if we could break the code we’d be famous. So many books, movies, art given over trying to figure out what it all means! But we need mystery!! 🙂

10. avinamdar

May 28, 2016 at 5:28pm

Wonderful post Akhila ! Have had similar thoughts so many times, Cheers 🙂

May 28, 2016 at 8:05pm

thanks.. glad to know that you share the same feeling

11. Hunain Mehmood

October 25, 2016 at 1:35am

I really loved reading all of your notions. This one in particular got to me. Mind indeed lies in a timeless realm. To run away from all of my worries i sometimes create this world within my mind. It’s not an illusion but more of like a bounded world free of past, present and future. It helps me calm down myself. Have a moment of peace without having any thought of any kind. As soon as this world gets destroyed the mind again races back and and forth between what was, what is and what will be. I hope i don’t sound vague lol.
    Give this a read. you might understand what im talking about.

October 25, 2016 at 12:33pm

thanks a lot for your words.. definitely i will check that link…
      you are absolutely right, we only created the timelessness with your mind..

12. onyajay

January 24, 2017 at 6:17am

This was kind of a nice notion for me. I can see myself as maybe an archaeologist, or a famous singer… (though I think that future is probably unlikely!) …or with grey hair (which is far more likely), or even slim??!! ha ha. In your mind you can be 12 years old, I can remember falling off my roller skates and breaking my arm on my 13th birthday. I can be in high school again (yikes) or giving birth or in London or digging for opals. I can have influenza or be cuddling my two year old. Yes….this is the benefit of a mind with no time.
    It’s called memory. What a wonderful thing. My mother is still smiling at me, after all these years.
    Thankyou.

January 24, 2017 at 3:48pm

Thank you…its all a mind game, which will never make us forget certain things

13. Ben Aqiba

February 14, 2017 at 4:22pm

Well, Mind is the most important thing in our life.
    We need to learn how to use it properly.He can push us to the stars, and trow us in mud. I have cured most of my illness with my mind.Allergies, inflammation…

14. Colors of my life

May 2, 2017 at 11:24am

In my opinion, my weakness/lackness/sluggishness/success/gain/plus all related to mind.

When I set myself a goal with concentration, everything comes in order. And if I said, let’s do it tomorrow. Than its just the mind playing up.

15. Bikramjit

May 2, 2017 at 11:47am

True true .. Good job we don’t have the rewind button otherwise I am sure mind would have made us press’s it a few times..

16. Moushmi Radhanpara

May 2, 2017 at 11:50am

This is such a thought.
    mind always wanders off. My mind never stays at a point. It has to dance off from one thought to another.

May 3, 2017 at 11:10am

Yeah.. it’s relaxing in fact to dance with the wandering mind

17. boundlessblessingsblog

May 2, 2017 at 3:29pm

Great words, Akhila and time is a mystery and mind is always flitting like a monkey sometimes here or there but never in one place. Awesome post.

18. Fny

May 2, 2017 at 3:44pm

Akways! I cannot not think about it. ^^

May 3, 2017 at 11:14am

Ah.. yeah sometimes, such thoughts are not that easy

May 2, 2017 at 6:44pm

Our mind makes or breaks us. It’s strange ways makes the entire universe conspire to achieving what you wish and can bring you down on your knees binding your life into a bubble of fear and anxiety. The powers of the mind. Good one, Akhi!

May 3, 2017 at 12:03pm

Hmm.. power is so powerful even to put a pause for time

20. Frank Frisson

May 2, 2017 at 10:47pm

The mysteries of the mind has always fascinated me. Thanks for this post!

May 3, 2017 at 12:11pm

Pleasure…have a nice day and enjoy the mysteries of mind

21. 2ndhalfolife

May 3, 2017 at 3:57am

It is often very hard for the mind (as us) to be present in ‘the moment’…

May 3, 2017 at 12:13pm

It’s hard to control… but why should be controlled.. let it wander freely

22. mylittlepursuitsofhappyness

May 3, 2017 at 9:50am

Our mind is working all the time..though time passes what stays engraved in our minds stays the same.. everything associated with it too.. though the instances may be old or history it still knows how to cope with it in the current time on the other hand the heart can disturb you.. heart can over rule your mind..

23. Prajakta

May 3, 2017 at 3:21pm

Well.. the mind created time! Time as a concept is superficial anyway 🙂

24. shifafawaz

May 6, 2017 at 7:01pm

Yes! I totally agree…
    Our mind is so powerful since nothing can tie it down. It is free and has no boundaries..
    Very thought-provoking! 🙂

May 6, 2017 at 9:50pm

Yes, Shifa…mind wanders freely even to boundaries of the universe..

• shifafawaz

May 6, 2017 at 10:31pm

Yes yes very true!!

25. Shweta Suresh

May 17, 2017 at 1:45pm

Great thoughts, dear. The human mind is amazing. Not only can it hold tons of memories, it can also travel to any place, anytime. Nammal physically oridathanenkilum our mind can travel to places miles away. Distanceum timeum onnum illa. No boundaries. Only limited by our imaginations. It’s like having an unlimited open ticket to travel anywhere, alle..

26. Shweta Suresh

May 17, 2017 at 6:29pm

I always thought those stuff were always meant to happen. Aa rishimar parayunnath verum oru nimitham maathram aayirikkum enna..

27. Shweta Suresh

May 17, 2017 at 6:30pm

But yes, aa correct sambhavam correct samayath correct aalod parayaan thonunnath is amazing!

August 10, 2017 at 10:04am

Thanks for the link..will check it out soon…thanks a lot