I can’t see my own face

By | May 6, 2017

We can see our face in a mirror or in a camera only. But never can see it actually.

It’s bugging me.  Everyone around has seen my face, but never I.

I can see only a little bit of my nose, lips, eyebrows, cheeks..

Damn.. It’s impossible to see my whole face until I have some eyes in my hands.. weird..

Dont you feel so?

74 thoughts on “I can’t see my own face

Heard somewhere like a mirror is a reflection of your soul

Strange and weird that no one has ever seen own face while all other around have seen it

1. Sha'Tara

You can see a “reflected” image of your face in a mirror, but to see the back of your head, now you need two mirrors, how about that? 🙂

Ha ha.. Any number of mirrors I can have.. But still it’s the reflected image only..can’t see your as you see your hands or legs..isn’t it

1. Sha'Tara

I don’t like my face, so I’ve always been thankful I can’t see it – then I can pretend/invent a face that I like. I think it’s actually a blessing we cannot see our faces the way others see them. If we want a kind looking face, I think we need to be and act kindly and then our face will change to match. Our faces are so expressive, especially the eyes, they should remain what I call “the mystery of me.”

You said it shatara.. your kindness is reflected in your eyes, means it will always reflect a beautiful face

Yeah..I remember my friends comparing my face with another girl in our school.. And I was like..ughh..how come that…

Lol..you are right bikram..it’s a blessing for everyone..

Lol..who knows if someone could be tempted to create an eye in his hands to watch his face

4. Pritish Dixit

Yes…also the fact that we aren’t aware of our actual voice. How we think our voice is quite different from how others perceive it.

Yes pritish. True in the case of voice too.. Liked that thought

5. mihrank

“The face is a picture of the mind with the eyes as its interpreter.”

Hmm..atleast we have a mirror or a phone..what about poor crows and cats..;)

1. crystalamayy

Ha ha they are roaming around with out even seeing themself but they know they r cute though by the way they get pampering,cats.

7. Mataindah

Sathyamaato ..Its strange we can’t see our face then why god gave such magnificent chance for others ??…

Yeah..all around can watch our face..but never we..strange, alle

1. Mataindah

haaa ..chilapo daivam arinjond cheythathavum…aa disaster thangan ulla kaziv daivam thanitundavilaa lolz

8. tingleurtastebuds

Lot of inventions have helped us do so many things we cannot. I have never felt it this way. Like your way of thinking Akhila.
    Meena

Thanks Meena.. sometimes these kind of thoughts leave me totally flabbergasted

9. my valiant soul

I feel tht too.So relatable and strange!But our actions could always reflect in others eyes.Sometimes good..sometimes bad.

Oh Yeah.. But milk teeth , obviously all of us might have seen

10. buddy71

those around us see us. but yet we can only see a reflection of ourselves. which is the truth? it is all about perseptive.

11. Sweta Ojha

Haha. I like the perspective here. Reason why mirrors get all the footage! But I guess it is such to explain we need each other in life. For you to see me and me to see you. Maybe.

12. akanshabhatnagarblog

I feel so.. But I don’t know if it’s a relevant input here or not… But I have seen my self in my dreams a couple of times.

Really…so how do you feel with your reflection in dreams..?

1. akanshabhatnagarblog

Sorry that was a typo earlier.. So I was saying that I could relate to that image of mine so much more than I have been about to relate with anybody else!!

Okay…so what did you communicate each other..

If we had eyes in our hands may be we would be more conscious of our actions as our eyes would mirror the different shades of our soul, would it not Akhi?

Yes nnu parayanm nnundu..but athokke philosophical thoughts alle.. not reality

14. sampritidasblog

It is weird at times…the expression in our face.. The way we look when we get angry… The way we talk… These all things we miss!!
    Nicely expressed in this piece.
    I am new here … Please check my site and if u like it feel free to follow back. It will be greatly appreciated.

Glad to know you views Sampriti. Yeah.. we miss all those weird expressions.. will soon catch your posts

15. Shweta Suresh

This is a huge coincidence. I had this very same thought yesterday! And innu ith vayichappol it was like glimpsing into my brain! (In case you’re wondering – njan inna ee post aadhyamayitt kaanunnath!)

Ha ha.. I think it’s the second time it’s happening like this… the coincidence…