Do you believe in faith or self- assurance?

By | May 16, 2017

It will happen in the time it is supposed to happen.. This is faith

But,

I will make it happen. This is my assurance, words from a stubborn heart.

56 thoughts on “Do you believe in faith or self- assurance?

1. anishoza

Depending on certain situation. Self-assurance occurs when there is more of a self-confidence and Faith, when something is not in your hand but you have to be positive.

Well said..so faith is something which helps to stay positive..hmm

1. anishoza

Yes, I do think having a Faith helps me stay positive and also it helps me have a positive outcome. “Law of Attraction” from ‘The Secret’ (novel) inspired me to think that way. And guess what ? It really helps. 🙂

2. Sha'Tara

Good questions, Akhila. If I want “it” to happen and I don’t make “it” happen then why should I expect “it” to happen? It won’t. Faith is childish wishful thinking but because on rare occasions it seems to deliver, and the rest of the time it makes “political” promises that cannot be disproved (for Christians it’s mainly, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.), people keep holding on to it. Sad.

Really appreciate it shatara, much inline with my stubborn heart

2. bisimodupe1975

Hi Sha Tara. Pleased to meet you. An interesting opinion here. I can only speak from personal experience….I know that faith works. This is not to say that we don’t have a part to play in making our faith to work. Faith says I believe then I act on what I believe in and the pieces fall nicely together.
      things do happen beyond our human understanding… Things do happen beyond our best efforts… This is when faith or believing works. And dear sister believing in Jesus is action….. I believe and girl I can not begin to tell you the times he stepped in to help me through my tough times….. Peace in my storm and sometimes miracles did happen for me and my family. Faith and action works dear sister. This responze is not to say that you are wrong but to just say I understand and God does loves you and I deeply and faith gives him the opportunity to step into our situations. Cheers

Perspectives will vary from people to people…and obviously varying views help us to know more.. and finally it’s the individual himself who has to tune for the station he wants

Yes. I got it.. sometimes, we need that little faith so that we are not lost in the crisis moments

3. Bikramjit

Well it will happen when it is supposed to happen only if you work hard towards it.. one can’t sit idle and expect things to work on their own…

4. theonlysup

i have always believed life is what you make it .. the more you believe in yourself the more you achieve.. the more universe will favor you.

5. HIMANSHI SHUKLA

I would say self-reliance instead of self-assurance, on the things which I can have control of. And faith becomes a part of your thinking, whether or not you can control events.

6. Fab Writings

Does believing in one self along with the rest of the options count? Because I can never come to underestimate the power of faith, even though I am yet to experience its power but if you like to believe in something, then you should, it brings inner peace and satisfaction. Coming to the self assurance part, if I don’t make efforts to make it happen, there’s no way it will. It’s like waiting for a plant to grow on its own, without even sowing the seed first!
    I love how great topics you pick up to engage your readers in such delightful, and thoughtful conversation!

So hope you had a wonderful score in your last exam..results came, no…

8. Shweta Suresh

According to the situation randum njan upayogikkum. But when things are not going quite well, I lean towards the first..

Hmmm… actually what I feel is like, if I am going in the right way, I can experience the fruitfulness.. it’s not faith…more it’s my assurance..

On a more philosophical point of view, is not you, your self and faith in the almighty one and the same, just different tools that boost you to pave your way to your destiny?