My way of meditation

Whenever I try to make my mind stress free cautiously, I could see it going much out of control. So I just live it to that.. let the mind wander wherever it want.. And I will have my eye upon that wandering mind. So once it is relaxed it will be back to me..

If you actively try to control your mind, it will resist. Instead if you give up control, give your mind space and just watch what it does, it will cooperate.

One thought on “My way of meditation

1. Varsh

September 12, 2016 at 9:17am

Good morning Akhila! Still reeling under the weekend effect, Monday mornings mind never listens anyway. ☺☺

2. PriteshMadrecha

September 12, 2016 at 9:30am

its a self healing process…..and thats the best part about it…..isnt it ?

September 12, 2016 at 8:42pm

Absolutely right…and we forcefully apply medicines, we are lost

3. Shilpa Mary Cherian

September 12, 2016 at 10:08am

Very true Akhila! I use to walk down the street on a regular basis which makes me more relaxed than this “conscious” meditation.

September 12, 2016 at 8:41pm

True shilpa, we may have different ways..but ultimately the purpose is met

4. Sha'Tara

September 12, 2016 at 11:09am

This kind of “conversation” always brings up this interesting question: If you are watching your mind, that means you are not your mind, therefore you are out of your mind… 🙂 In my world, I am my mind so I know it’s not my mind that’s doing the wandering, it’s the programming. In my mind I can control and correct that, so the wandering, lesser aspects of “me” (combination of soul programming and physical input) can be brought in line with who and what I am, what I intend to become in order to accomplish my life’s chosen purpose. That takes ongoing discipline… just some thoughts here.

September 12, 2016 at 8:40pm

Ha, what an interesting response shatara…i just liked your views…if one is observing the mind, then that one is out of the mind…thumbs up

• skd

September 13, 2016 at 6:13am

+1. This is where we try bring the meaning of Soul. Simple step to relate… Imagine you are a beautiful valley…. Who asks you to imagine within is soul and mind just does it. So ‘you’ are not the mind. … Continue imagination.. . you are walking and enjoying the scenic beauty…. your mobile is ringing, pick it 🙂
        However, the connection to soul to maintain your mind and body needs the regular meditation.
        Finally, even in case of soul handling it, it is good manage it as it is. Hard push anyways brings things back with more force. For every action, there is equal and opposite reaction. It’s a universal truth. Keep smiling.

September 14, 2016 at 3:04pm

Thanks sanil for relating it to Newton’s third law of motion…happy onam.,,

• skd

September 14, 2016 at 3:06pm

Thank you Akhila. Wish you a very happy onam

September 12, 2016 at 8:37pm

Thanks kamal…as you said, mind needs it’s own space

September 12, 2016 at 8:31pm

Thanks sudershana…ya..leave it to the mind

September 12, 2016 at 7:56pm

Thanks pratishtha…and you know it’s all people dependent…anyway I’m glad that we share a common way…

September 12, 2016 at 8:38pm

He he..ya, so don’t leave it alone, just keep watching

7. davekingsbury

September 14, 2016 at 3:50pm

Sorry, Transcendental Meditation, promoted by the Maharishi to the Beatles among others.

September 14, 2016 at 3:52pm

Is it..let me first read on it..thanks dave for this input

8. SumitOfficial

September 17, 2016 at 12:25pm

That is the main thing Akhila. But everyone is doing other way around.
    I love your technique… 🙂

September 17, 2016 at 1:14pm

Hmmm..ultimately we want peace and let the path be varying…

9. tejasvimys

September 21, 2016 at 11:09am

There is a whole universe within. Good article 🙂

10. Nisthur Anadi

September 21, 2016 at 8:02pm

Being aware to ones thought can do miracles , being conscious to real self and reaching beyond mind is ultimate path to bliss.

Thoughts are just thought it’s not you its can’t be you. You are beyond mind.

Being in peace and always attentive seeing the body and mind involved in act and witnessing the event as happening.

Discrimination of real self beyond body and mind takes away doership element.

Once you are not doer then you are in always meditation.

Walking , talking, bathing, cooking, writing, coding , every thing can be done in meditative state even in dreams and in deep sleep .

If you are witness to your actions and thoughts then you are nothing but simple sheer awareness.

I have almost done my backlog work.

Happy blogging.

Good night .

September 30, 2016 at 4:33pm

yes, exactly that’s it…did you try it..?

13. IYOUWE

December 9, 2016 at 4:00pm

Good evening and thanks fpr the post
    Its true that we cannot stop thoughts entering into our minds but we can always be aware when our mind wanders in stream of thoughts

Just remember these 3 things before meditating
    1) I am nothing
    2) I want nothing
    3) I do nothing

December 9, 2016 at 9:37pm

I liked the three things and agree fully upon that.

14. vishal4u

March 28, 2017 at 7:35pm

You mean to say that we have to set it free first to have control on it later on, but most of the time my mind never want to come back, it always drifts me in my reverie and is happy dwelling in there.

15. vishal4u

March 28, 2017 at 8:23pm

Trying hard fronlast few years, and I need him the most now.

16. boundlessblessingsblog

May 18, 2017 at 11:11am

True words and mind is like that if you control it, it will slip out of your hands and will not allow you to meditate. Leave it and then see what it will do.

17. Jerry Peri

May 18, 2017 at 2:35pm

Yeah. You are right. Meditation is all about being at ease, so that the conscious and the subconscious can have free fellowship!
    I also wrote a few lines on meditation. The link is http://www.jerriperri.com/meditation/

May 19, 2017 at 12:23pm

Yup..agree with you..meditation is all about being at ease..will check the shared link

• Jerry Peri

May 19, 2017 at 4:39pm

Thanks Akhila

18. Moushmi Radhanpara

May 18, 2017 at 7:05pm

This is a wonderful thought.
    sometimes we do need to let loose our mind an stop controlling it.

19. Meenakshi Sethi

May 23, 2017 at 2:21am

Exactly that’s the secret to practice meditation. Slowly thoughts will fade and peace envelopes!

20. RahulYuvi

July 13, 2017 at 12:13am

Hey ! I have just published my next Spiritual Blog where I have answered some of most common questions on Meditation ! Hope you find it helpful !!

# “I have been trying to do meditation but nothing is happening despite my sincere efforts.”

# “I sit quietly in the lotus posture for long duration still I am not getting the peace of mind.”

# “I meditate regularly yet I am unable to manage my Anger.”

# “Will meditation be of any help when practised while living a married life?”

Sound’s familiar ? Is that’s what your case or your queries too look like? Lets find out some answers here :

August 26, 2017 at 10:50am

Very true…thank you…have a peaceful day