Comment Spam

Recently the spam issue started all over again (hence this repost)..akismet is doing a great job in filtering the spam comments and at the same time, they are filtering many of us too☹️

So get ready with all your weapons to fight against this…

——-

Do you have the habit of checking your spam folder frequently..?

If not, please go to your wordpress admin and check the spam comments..please don’t be surprised on seeing so many genuine comments caught by Akismet, the comment spam filter..

So first of all, access your admin area. It can be accessed by visiting the wp-admin directory in your web browser. Example: http://www.example.com/wp-admin/. Or click on the wordpress icon in mobile app, scroll down , and now take “View Admin”.

On entering your admin area, just take the comments where you can access your spam section.

Unspam the required ones.

After two or three times, naturally those comments from the same blogger will be unspammed by Akismet.

Please do this on a frequent mode so that you wont miss to read from your lovely readers..

Thinking why this post, now.. Atleast a few of you will be knowing the reason as I am one of your favorites in the spam folder…

The author is a Quality Analyst by experience. Part Quantitative data analyst, part consultant for quality and information security practices, part software tester, she is a writer by passion and blogs at https://wordsandnotion.com and https://qualitynotion.com/.

One thought on “Comment Spam

1. Sha'Tara

November 26, 2016 at 10:12am

Thank you. I “finally” found my way to what appears to be the spam folder and all the comments in there were NOT SPAM. What was even more surprising is that all the people who left comments were regular people whose comments I had been receiving normally until now. What a stupid system.

November 27, 2016 at 12:07pm

yes Shatara, it is really stupid to have the comments of regular readers in spam folder..and i am glad that you could retrieve them now..

2. andysmerdon

November 26, 2016 at 11:15am

Thanks Akhila – I didn’t know how to access the spam folder and you are correct – there were comments which were not spam 🙂

3. Bikramjit

November 26, 2016 at 2:48pm

He he he. Oh yes I found a few in spam including your comments… I do look into spam now and then

November 27, 2016 at 12:06pm

ya…your spam also attracted my comments… what a spam world..

November 27, 2016 at 12:05pm

hmm.. your aksmit also made me spam..ughh, remember..

• Josh

November 28, 2016 at 9:46am

How can i forget that!! 🙂 Thanks for bringing it into my notice 🙂

4. Sarang Khanna

November 27, 2016 at 10:47am

Yeah! That happens sometimes and it’s sad. Although Akismet is usually quite good with its algorithms.

November 27, 2016 at 11:53am

ya, infact it was manageable till a few months back.. but recently many of my comments are spammed .. it’s really very sad..

November 27, 2016 at 12:03pm

You are definitely one of those who made me post it..

November 27, 2016 at 12:08pm

ya.. infact Akismet was almost perfect till a few months back.. but recently something went wrong..

November 27, 2016 at 12:09pm

yes, varsha.. why is it so.. it was not like that earlier..ughh

10. PriyaPandian

November 27, 2016 at 12:35pm

Thanks for sharing Akhila. Checked my spam folder After going through your post. There were comments of frequent readers. Just now retrieved it. Thank you once again 🙂

11. vishal4u

November 27, 2016 at 12:45pm

I am using WordPress app in my Android phone, but could not access my spam folder on it. Can you please tell it in detail??

November 27, 2016 at 2:16pm

Did you try this..”click on the wordpress icon in mobile app, scroll down , and now take “View Admin”.
      Unspam the required ones.”

• vishal4u

November 27, 2016 at 4:01pm

Thanks did that and fish found out lot of spam messages.
        Did found you a lot there.

November 28, 2016 at 3:37pm

Ahh.. me too there….so ultimately i was helping myself..

13. Sweta Ojha

November 27, 2016 at 2:03pm

Hi there! thank you so so much for this information. I’ve lost about 169 comments due to the spam check. I restored a few that included your comments too. This is a very helpful post. Thanks a ton for sharing. 🙂

November 27, 2016 at 2:14pm

Ah.. my comments also…so i was helping myself…

14. mywords331

November 27, 2016 at 2:37pm

Absolutely correct mam.
    I know a blogger whose comments mostly go in my spam.
    Will follow ur instructions.

15. Ameena k.g

November 27, 2016 at 3:09pm

Hahaha, for some unknown reason, your comment is always going to my spam. Thanks for the reminder again

November 28, 2016 at 3:32pm

hmm…infact Akismet is doing a good job..they never allow the real spam comments to appear before moderation..but recently they are filtering the genuine comments too.. that’s a bit desperate thing

• Mick Canning

November 28, 2016 at 3:34pm

I suppose it must be something to do with the way their algorithms work. I do make a point of checking the spam folder every day or two, to see if there’s anything there that shouldn’t be.

16. theonlysup

November 28, 2016 at 12:41am

Spaaam folder is scared of akhila. It won’t allow her comment to be near her.. So no worries..;)

17. elaine

November 28, 2016 at 11:40am

yes Akhila, it has become a necessity to check the spam since many of the valuable comments happened to be waiting in spam. As always i appreciate u for posting a small topic yet which is significant 🙂

November 28, 2016 at 2:57pm

thanks dear.. have a good day…celebrating the hartal here…

• elaine

November 28, 2016 at 3:07pm

haha….i recently read a thank you post on whatsapp stating that ” when any political murder happens, loss is only for the victim’s family as well as the culprit’s family. For rest of the society harthal is a day of joy for being relieved from schools, offices and perfectly to be at home

November 28, 2016 at 3:23pm

Ah.. the way we are tuned to.. but above to that personally i am against these hartals..the very nature of our people to protest whenever there comes a change..

• elaine

November 28, 2016 at 3:35pm

yes Akhila even i am also against it

21. Meenakshi Sethi

November 29, 2016 at 10:45am

I always go there after I found your and one other friends valuable comments there. Thanks for sharing this post. Many still don’t know.

November 30, 2016 at 10:47am

let me know the steps you do on reaching spam folder..

23. Sha'Tara

November 30, 2016 at 12:21pm

It’s your magnetic personality, they want to keep you all to themselves in there for private parties, you know…

24. doodlessworld

December 2, 2016 at 8:12pm

Yes. Definitely. I always miss out your comments mam because they go to spam folder. I will check on a regular basis now 🙂

25. tingleurtastebuds

May 28, 2017 at 7:02pm

I also was surprised to see some genuine comments in spam. True we need to check the spam regularly.

May 29, 2017 at 10:27am

Yeah.. in fact nowadays I cannot even check my spam, that much it’s crowded with real spam comments..wondering why it’s not automatically filtered out..so I am deleting it altogether…might be missing genuine ones too..