Loss or a missed gain?

Do you worry upon the risk of loss?

or

Do you worry upon the risk of a missed gain?

You may be insensitive to losses and gain, well, obviously it is much appreciated. But what if you need to pick any one of the above two options..;)

One thought on “Loss or a missed gain?

1. mylittlepursuitsofhappyness

June 22, 2017 at 9:33am

adu enna inganathe oru chodyam.. risk is risk adu ippo loss ayalo miss ayalo.. randilum endum sambhavichal njan vellam kudichpogum

2. Sha'Tara

June 22, 2017 at 10:13am

That, for me, would depend on what is being lost, or gained! Money? Or some relationship? No, couldn’t care less. But if I lost an opportunity to practice my life’s purpose, which is to gain a compassionate nature; if I fell into the selfish refusal to be of some practical help to someone because of any number of reasons, I would feel that as a real loss, but would I “worry” about it? No, I would attempt to correct my error, first inwardly, then if possible, outwardly. Then carry on.

June 22, 2017 at 10:37am

That’s a little strange to know that you don’t care much even about a lost relationship….

• Sha'Tara

June 22, 2017 at 11:03am

Strange? Yes, that describes my state of mind. I practice detachment. In order to be “there” for anyone who may need my help, I can’t hold on to special relationships, that being a contradiction. Some day in the distant future (if earth has such a future), this will be understood by all as elementary and you will no longer have wars, domestic abuse, misogyny or racism: these are the end result of ‘special’ relationships.

June 22, 2017 at 1:18pm

I understand and totally respect your reasons behind this detached state… yesterday in a movie it was told like “you don’t hate me, but still you have to kill me as it is essential for your survival..”
          don’t you think that we can never keep our eyes shut upon that survival rule

• Sha'Tara

June 23, 2017 at 5:23am

To that I would reply, Akhila, that our notion of survival mode is predicated upon the belief that we can and must die and that we should do all in our power to prolong our span of physical life here. Once that belief is found to be false and rejected, life, no longer “as we know it” opens up to whole new vistas and visions and possibilities. For example I now know for fact that I do not die. I am not a body, but a mind, connected to the infinite, and eternal, i.e., existing before and beyond time. Since such a thing cannot die it needs not exist or subsist in survival mode. Those unable to grasp, or accept, this truth must remain in a physical survival mode even knowing that in the end they must relinquish it all and die. There are, of course, many clues to our non-dying state. The most obvious is that we are curious creatures, always wanting to know more, always learning and probing our boundaries. If we were strictly brain creatures with no connection to the infinite we would have no desire, no reason, to seek to learn anything since it all ends when we die anyway. We would not even ask the question, “Why am I learning this?” since it would be meaningless. Take the well known, well-worn Descartes statement: “cogito ergo sum” or “je pense, donc je suis” or in English: I think, therefore I am. What is it that thinks? A brain is a computer, it does not think, it receives information and translates that to the body. The information is cogitated in the mind and the mind is part of the infinite cosmos… ergo sum!

June 28, 2017 at 2:12pm

Thanks shatara.. you always make me think a lot..so we are not that so called brainy creatures…

3. Ashish kumar

June 22, 2017 at 10:40am

This is what risk is all about.. Sometimes you gain and sometimes you lose. And it requires guts also to take risk… 🙂

June 22, 2017 at 1:14pm

It requires guts to accept and go ahead with a risk.. but my point was whether will you be okay with risk of a missed gain or risk of a loss

4. Bikramjit

June 22, 2017 at 11:34am

I keep things simple worry about what I already have.. choice 1.. why worry of something that hasn’t come my way yet…

June 22, 2017 at 2:12pm

Oh.. that’s a really cool approach, a relaxed way..

5. Akash Singh

June 22, 2017 at 12:50pm

“worry upon the risk of a missed gain.”

We cannot worry about the risk of Loss as it is an integral part of life. Both losses and gains come to us as results of our actions. But sometimes when with many aspirations we turn to worry about the gain we missed.
    This is my personal opinion.

June 22, 2017 at 2:17pm

Yes…there you are..always ensure to have that entrepreneur’s view

June 22, 2017 at 2:14pm

Exactly…there you are..no rights, no wrongs..everything is purely for survival

7. achodi erani

June 22, 2017 at 2:32pm

Exactly, just one question and play of words made into two options. Choose one or the other it is the same. Give a second option ..

9. crystalamayy

June 22, 2017 at 8:18pm

I don’t worry about any loses anymore that’s bec I accepted the fact that nothing is in our control .

June 27, 2017 at 6:42pm

Risk. A word that makes me walk on glass. Calculated risk is one that is one I have often treaded.

11. Reethu Ravi

June 28, 2017 at 2:07am

This is tough to answer :/ but, I guess I’m often worried of the losses than the missed gain. Maybe its the humane way to deal with pain :/

June 28, 2017 at 2:03pm

Thank you…your thought defines your business mindset…

13. 3rdofthe3rd

July 8, 2017 at 1:04pm

I do not worry about that which is out of my control. I embrace the choices I make and that happen to me, growing along the way. A deep post, thanks for sharing.