Rest mode is on

“Oh finally it’s over. It’s time to enjoy.. I am free now…I am gonna watch a few movies, then sleep, then what.. Okay, an outing….”

The wishes go on..

We often fall into a false state of mind after the mission accomplishment. The non-ending relaxed mode.

The mission could be an exam, an interview or a tedious project or anything demanded one’s hard work.

Yes, Room for rest is very much important. But usually we have a tendency to fall into the non-ending rest mode. There needs to be an end for this rest mode to enter into the work mode.

Normally one will be having a well set plan till the last day of the mission. But what about after that?

Planning is essential not only for implementation, but also for sustenance. So don’t just stop planning once the work is over. Better to plan not only for ‘mission hours’ but also for ‘after mission hours’. Or plan at least on the very first day of the rest mode. Otherwise days are going to be out of control and very lately only one could realize how he/she wasted the days.

Also, don’t get too caught up in the plan making oneself stressed and ruining a good vacation. Sit back and take a deep breath if things aren’t going as planned. After all it’s all about making oneself refreshed after a heavy work.

So what’s your plan for the holidays, vacation..? Don’t let someone else drive you, making you lazy. Never make yourself in a sorry state to your own mind after the rest period.

One thought on “Rest mode is on

1. shilpamohan5

July 14, 2016 at 3:16pm

Actually, the only time I don’t bother abt planning s vacation 🙂

2. fairykumar

July 14, 2016 at 3:18pm

My ‘After School Life’ are about to get over. Now gearing up for college ride!✌✌✌

July 14, 2016 at 3:19pm

so are you happy after the vacation.. enjoyed..

• fairykumar

July 14, 2016 at 3:20pm

Yeah! I have enjoyed a nice three months break with a bit of missing emotions for school.

July 14, 2016 at 3:37pm

nice fairy..lucky you to have a three months vacation..

3. sharmaankit09

July 14, 2016 at 3:27pm

Tym to soon get back to college life after vacatuons endng in 2 weeks! Finaly year awaits in college

July 14, 2016 at 3:35pm

hey Sharmaankit.. so how was your vacation..

• sharmaankit09

July 14, 2016 at 3:37pm

Great it was ! Now they r just gonna b ending pretty soon ! N even the last year of college ! Wt abt u ? U r taking a relaxing breath in vacations or got done with some strenious work?

July 14, 2016 at 3:46pm

vacations are in dreams only now.. he he lol…but i just love this busy life.. and i feel that i become stressed if i don’t have any work to do..;)

July 14, 2016 at 3:55pm

oh.. i was thinking what to answer..thinking continues.. lol

4. Sakthi

July 14, 2016 at 3:27pm

Eat well, sleep well and physical activities or outdoor activities! Preparing our mind one day before work mode!

July 14, 2016 at 3:34pm

one day is good.. but not too many days..;)
      thanks sakthi

July 14, 2016 at 3:45pm

hmm..yeah.. sometimes there could be events which we can’t control like this college admissions and all.. so where are you joining..?

6. myheartbeats4ublog

July 14, 2016 at 3:55pm

Nice thoughts on rest/vacation…..echo your feelings, I get stressed when there is no work…

July 14, 2016 at 3:58pm

okay.. nice way to make me answer..liked it.. ha ha..
    I am in trivandrum, kerala

• sharmaankit09

July 14, 2016 at 4:01pm

Ahh okay 🙂 from god’s own country 🙂
      Are u on insta or fb anything?

July 14, 2016 at 4:06pm

fb , yes.. but not often.. wordpress is my hero… he he.. and where are you from?

• sharmaankit09

July 14, 2016 at 4:08pm

I am from gurgaon! Well asked abt fb and stuff cuz here just through comments ppl cn i teract and all right

8. pins & ashes

July 14, 2016 at 4:02pm

I think I take a vacation everyday..! work for so many hours and take a break! and then get back! otherwise the mind does not function properly.. (unplug and my vacation is on many times)

July 14, 2016 at 4:05pm

thinking in a different way, even the blog is a vacation point

• pins & ashes

July 14, 2016 at 4:07pm

oh yes, the blog is one of my vacation spots where I hop in relax and have lots of fun. Fun also means mental work, so yes.

• pins & ashes

July 14, 2016 at 4:13pm

DP is the baaki of the last one. Tee shirt painting on, I am just using my painted blue hands to make prints on them 🙂

July 14, 2016 at 4:14pm

ha ha.. permanent prints or will you wash it..?

• pins & ashes

July 14, 2016 at 4:16pm

permanent! drew and ironed it, so it remains. all that lettering is also painted, did it for a friend’s birthday! all of us wore tees with those same wording that day, everywhere we went 🙂 birthday surprise 🙂

July 14, 2016 at 4:22pm

you are the best to create surprises..

• pins & ashes

July 14, 2016 at 4:24pm

haha 🙂 I love to make people happy, when they are friends it becomes all the more special 🙂 #stateofbeing

July 14, 2016 at 4:34pm

i just love you for that..your care for others..

• pins & ashes

July 14, 2016 at 4:18pm

it fact wearing that tee shirt now while 🙂 the prints are still on it.. 🙂

9. Nisthur Anadi

July 14, 2016 at 5:16pm

Beautifully expressed what to plan and how to plan and what should not be planned.

Wishing you Happy vacations ahead.

Now here is my take on your question, one who is happy here and now will have possibility to be remain happy during vacation and can sustain the happiness after vacation.

One who is not happy here and now may enjoy his or her happiness during vacation, but his happiness is question marked , once the vacation ended. In this case vacation are positive distraction kind of thing. When you are fed up with one sort of activity you get some relief by doing some other action for example watching a movie.

Now in first scenario when we are Happy here and now for no reason that means our happiness is not dependent on any activity you are doing . You understand that happiness is your very real nature . You enjoy happiness with youself. You donot seek happiness out side in this world.

You are just observer what’s happening in this world like spectator and least effected by any action or out come or result be it good or bad.

You understand your real nature and enjoy eternal bliss , never ending happiness be it holiday or you are at office or working in the kitchen or simply not doing any thing.

Haha lol it’s much big reply but you deserve the same.

Thanks for giving me opportunity to share small piece of spiritual knowledge. I know I repeat same thing again and again but it’s worth repeating, because this is highest form of wisdom and worth sharing.

Lol please for give me but you have no escape you have loyal readers like me for your blog. I will keep negging before I again go into silence for months …haha..

Happy vacations , Does not do any planning , enjoy the life the way it comes to you . Don’t try to swim , just float. Effort lessely allow nature to take decision.

Just be your true self, alert , attentive, conscious and in ever lasting meditative state.

The End.

July 14, 2016 at 5:18pm

oh.. give me sometime to read and understand this..:)

• Nisthur Anadi

July 14, 2016 at 5:24pm

Take your own time I don’t mind but know that some body is waiting for your response.

July 14, 2016 at 9:17pm

I am happy to know this highest form of happiness , even though haven’t reached that level so far. he he
      Anyway I am happy, and trying to make others also happy ..
      and then, for me vacations are not any long trips or sleeping days.. i just feel sad if I am not busy..and so my happiness is tied upon busyness

• Nisthur Anadi

July 14, 2016 at 9:24pm

Lol if that is this much simple do let me know I will keep you busy here with my absurd conversation lol..

• Nisthur Anadi

July 14, 2016 at 9:37pm

Being busy means you want to be more productive, want to achieve more that’s not bad at , in fact one should be.

But tieing happiness with any object is not worth , rather feeling happiness that flows with in , I will do ..if I would had been in your place.

July 14, 2016 at 9:40pm

tasks need not be necessarily objects..I am more into parallel processing

• Nisthur Anadi

July 14, 2016 at 9:47pm

That’s very interesting…loved the idea lol of parallel processing …

10. Dee

July 14, 2016 at 6:27pm

Yep.. rest mode and work mode should go hand in hand together… else our brains will blow!

July 14, 2016 at 9:10pm

thanks dee.. Glad with your comments. have a good day

11. theonlysup

July 14, 2016 at 6:39pm

Once u know how to distribute ur time ur good to think of next activities . when u successfully complete a task ,u gain more confidence and wait for the next opportunity. You plan aggressively. That’s called continuous improvement plan. But yeah have some cooling off period too..

July 14, 2016 at 9:10pm

thanks Sup..my point is especially with that cooling period, ie. need a little planning for the rest mode too, so that finally don’t have to feel bad of wasting time.

12. Shalini Sharrma

July 14, 2016 at 8:09pm

How do u know i wasted 3 hours watching YouTube videos today ? Are u spying me 😀
    Well said, planning is important and more is to carry consistency in it, for this my 1st task is to jot down what exactly need to be accomplished in a day and for vacations i plan alot even more than for any big task 😛

July 14, 2016 at 9:03pm

yes.. Shalini..I am the the wandering soul..grrrrrrrr…. so you understood that the post is absolutely for you.. he he

July 14, 2016 at 10:31pm

yes megha.. exactly that is my point, irrespective of whether we are working or resting

July 15, 2016 at 11:14am

you are absolutely right and I am so glad that you caught the real intent of this posr. we spend a lot of time after the exams and all, just relaxing..And feel guilty at the end..

July 15, 2016 at 11:17am

most welcome Sumit.. I am not intentionally trying to teach you.. he he.. lol.. there are many lessons in every second and i just write it down..

July 15, 2016 at 11:26am

ha ha.. If you are enjoying the waiting, nothing to be worried.. just relax..

• Aanchal

July 15, 2016 at 10:04pm

Hehe thats true but sometimes i feel bad if i waste my whole day so instead i make my ending days more productive 🙂

July 25, 2017 at 11:41am

Must have that gaps between your stressed days…its never a time waste, instead a reboot for you…

17. Mann

July 25, 2017 at 1:44pm

Planning is important…when you are going to far off places…when in your territory, I like it unplanned.

July 26, 2017 at 9:21am

If you decide to leave it to the flow, then it’s okay as it’s your own decision….

18. boundlessblessingsblog

July 25, 2017 at 2:57pm

Great words, Akhila and rest and holiday are most essential but then one has to pick up the reigns too and planning is very important.

19. jacquelineobyikocha

July 26, 2017 at 12:49am

Learning not to be driven by what other people are doing is one way to live longer and indulgence in laziness during vacation is simply wonderful.

July 26, 2017 at 9:23am

Ah…I get you..perceptions varies and I respect that

July 26, 2017 at 1:35pm

It so seems that you wrote this for me, and I need this so very much, Akhi. I have been on an on and off rest mode totally unplanned mode (more so than usual) but strangely along with all the relaxation and enjoyment, the planned work is going on, albeit with a little bit of hurrying up and running around. I hope the rest of the holidays will be as wonderful as I hope it will be 🙂 Thank you for reminding me that I am on holiday and do not have to let anyone else take over my happiness, after all I myself am responsible for it. 🙂

21. Ipuna Black

July 27, 2017 at 1:35am

Well said. I feel like I need to make sure that I include rest in my day because I think sometimes we feel guilty for doing it when we need it!

July 27, 2017 at 1:23pm

Always include that me time..sometimes it may be just to sit idle at least for a few minutes

22. shifafawaz

July 28, 2017 at 9:35pm

This is a much needed one! I always rest after the accomplishment of a task maybe in the ratio of 4:1.
    We definitely need to learn where to draw the lines and start work after some rest.

23. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder

July 31, 2017 at 3:54am

Ohhh! This happens with me often. I feel so elated even after striking just one thing off my to-do list 🙁 I’m a real lazy fellow…

August 1, 2017 at 9:15am

You won’t be definitely lazy while maintaining a to do list, as the to do list will track you or remind you something always