Finding time to do things or doing things to kill time?

What’s  your state on time?

(Maybe a time anxious person can better read my question)

• Finding time to explore more things?
  • Doing something just to kill your time (maybe to escape from someother thing)?

The author is a Quality Analyst by experience. Part Quantitative data analyst, part consultant for quality and information security practices, part software tester, she is a writer by passion and blogs at https://wordsandnotion.com and https://qualitynotion.com/.

One thought on “Finding time to do things or doing things to kill time?

1. mywords331

August 10, 2017 at 9:58am

This is indeed a very contemplating statement.
    Sometimes we have time in abundance that we try finding ways to kill it. On the other hand it seems to be slipping from our hands when we have some very important and incomplete tasks left.
    That’s irony.
    time is precious however William Shakespeare has called it “sluttish”.

August 10, 2017 at 10:10am

Yes pragalbha… in fact yesterday had a small chat with my friend.. she was telling like she is into farming vegetables now for time pass, to escape from boredom and some life tensions… of course farming is good for health and mind.. but I was wondering actually hearing her answer…she wanted to kill time….of course that’s not my choice…as you said I find time to do things…

August 10, 2017 at 10:24am

I was reading your weeping soul poem.. tried to comment..still the old issue happens pragalbha.. I am using my iPad.. I think it works properly while working with me laptop.. but now, it asked me to login again, and yes I tried to login using WordPress is on in your post, but after that just a white page.. nothing appeared

• Infinite Living

August 10, 2017 at 10:31am

I feel extremely sorry to hear that. Because I value you taking the time and also value having your comment on my post too much. Wp has been acting funny multiple times.

August 10, 2017 at 10:37am

I think, you need to check your hosting too.. not necessary that to be a we issue.
            Between was trying to say like if a weeping soul knows what is longing it won’t weep for ever

• Infinite Living

August 10, 2017 at 10:40am

Will check that.
            Thank you very much. Love your reflection on my post.

2. Infinite Living

August 10, 2017 at 10:19am

Me too 🙂 I keep reminding myself – ‘Don’t be so greedy in this one lifetime, take a deep breath and let it all come’ I am just interested in too many things.

3. mywords331

August 10, 2017 at 10:37am

After all you play many roles in your life. If I’m right you are a home maker, a wife, a mother , blogger and you live all beautiful relations of this world with utmost Beauty and grace.
    So, I can understand your efforts of stealing time.
    The best thing is that even when you don’t get time in abundance you do everything so perfectly that I think you might have killed time out of jealousy.

August 10, 2017 at 10:44am

Yeah….very happy to know that… I agree with you, killing time is not my cup of tea too…

4. Feelings and Freedom

August 10, 2017 at 10:46am

Hmm..good question. I guess finding time to explore more things to satiate the hunger for learning more and more and more……

August 10, 2017 at 11:16am

Yup..that learning and exploring is a never ending process and one has to find time for that…thank you vandana

5. theonlysup

August 10, 2017 at 12:08pm

I always look for time to do so many things in life.. so many things to learn , so many places to visit.. so many things to do so many people to meet.. I always utilize time to max

August 10, 2017 at 5:43pm

Yeah…probably that makes you alive and energized…but I am quite sure that the other kind of people also are there like my friend…(the talk with her only made me to post this)

August 10, 2017 at 6:07pm

Finding time to welcome new challenges, to look for new opportunities rather escaping from that

• Simon

August 10, 2017 at 6:11pm

Oh I frequently have challenges!

6. Moushmi Radhanpara

August 10, 2017 at 3:52pm

It’s funny actually how our minds are working today. Look up my today’s post and you’ll know what I am talking about.
    Hint: I just know what you are trying to say through this post.

7. radhikasreflection

August 10, 2017 at 4:44pm

Definitely the first one. But there have been times when I am guilty of doing just something to kill time too!

August 10, 2017 at 5:38pm

You are right radhika.. time anxiety makes us guilty of less reproductive time

8. Tony Burgess

August 11, 2017 at 3:36am

I start watching the clock when I get into work so I know how much time is left in the day. I never used to do that. Time is valuable I think.

August 11, 2017 at 9:54am

Yeah..I understand..I am also that clock watching person

9. mukhamani

August 11, 2017 at 9:31pm

The other day a friend told me she kills time every day. I thought that was very sad.

August 14, 2017 at 4:54pm

Yeah…same here..in fact that talk with my friend only made me post this

10. doingthatthing

August 16, 2017 at 9:35pm

I’ve been thinking a lot about time and my non productive uses of it. Trying to keep an eye on that

September 12, 2017 at 2:22pm

Killing time? I don’t remember when was the last time I killed time. I am always running short of time so killing what little is left is not an option for me. But is it not nice to always have something to keep you engaged?

September 13, 2017 at 5:16pm

Lol….you explained your shortage of time in a funny way…so don’t kill what little is left…and no doubt that being engaged always defines me too…

12. amaranto es

October 19, 2017 at 5:18pm

. I am always running inadequate of meter so killing what small is left is not an option for me.

October 23, 2017 at 1:58pm

Yes.. don’t kill what small is left…agree with you