He is doing, so I too?

“When people are running, you should run in the middle”

It’s a proverb actually meaning ‘one must strive to assimilate to the norm’.

Maybe it’s another prejudice wall built in the minds of people asking to change yourself when everyone around you is changing. And people easily fall in to that just to avoid that “awkward” state of being odd.

But,

Why do you need to go with the normal flow? You are living in your priorities and comfort. Of course, sometimes your priorities may overrule your comfort. But as long as you are only setting up your priorities and defining your comfort, why should you run in the middle of the crowd and make yourself less creative?

Okay, if you still wish to run in the middle ( as you are afraid of oddness or uniqueness) while people around you are running, better not to let your feet run faster than your shoes and make yourself fall.

One thought on “He is doing, so I too?

1. dwijeshsharma

August 15, 2017 at 9:42am

And this is why I once posted, don’t blindly follow the masses, sometimes the m is silent. Just because someone else does, doesn’t make it essential for us to do. We are all unique, and we ought to be so. Or else, we will be as good as a Robot

August 17, 2017 at 2:54pm

Thanks dwijesh…would like to read you post on the same…may I have the link

• dwijeshsharma

August 17, 2017 at 3:43pm

Well that post of mine is just a one liner… Infact, I try to keep my posts short.

August 18, 2017 at 8:29am

Oh..I understand..one liners are always beautiful

2. A Walk into the Woods

August 15, 2017 at 7:16pm

Ha haaa and if all fall, they fall too. That’s the risk of going with the crowd.
    Well said and an important aspect of life to think about.

September 12, 2017 at 2:30pm

Meena’s constant dialogue in “Munthirivalligal” and Mohanlal is seen to explain just what you explain. Totally agree, I fall in that ‘ I do only if I wish to’ types.

September 13, 2017 at 5:11pm

Loved that usage ” I do only if I wish to” types… haven’t yet watched that movie…between I watched saira bhanu, your suggestion..next would be this movie…