Answer lies in your interpretations

Why do I work hard to achieve more? Why can’t I be content with what I have?

Why my planner is always packed? Why can’t I simply sit and take rest?

Why do I need to think about the meaning of life? Why can’t I forget all such madness?

I know we all live and die.. but “Why did it bloom, if it’s going to wither?” or was it to leave just some legacy?

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born”– – Richard Dawkins

So immortality is not an answer to these questions. And death may not be the ultimate destination.

Maybe the answer lies in one’s own interpretations.

So either

Cherish every moments of life and Take a step back and laugh at yourself

or

Give up everything and be a monk..

Is it possible to have a grey stage between these two..?

One thought on “Answer lies in your interpretations

1. Sha'Tara

October 12, 2017 at 9:23am

Wow, you should get a million “hits” with that one! Your posited extremes are unacceptable to me – anyway, I don’t like extremes, they lead but to madness and death. So, yes, there is a grey area between seeing life only through rose coloured glasses, and giving up on everything. We are born “here” and both, “me” and the world I find myself in, are enigmas. The trick is to decide what to do with the time we are given and if/when we discover that our “time” may not have an end, use that to determine how we will use it up. Isn’t it a bit like being given a bit of free money, say $100, and told to go spend it in a gambling casino. If we’ve never been in one before, it’s best to walk around and check out the various games going on, then decide how to spend the money. Personally, I’d give it to some harassed, overworked staffer, then walk out… hah! 🙂

October 12, 2017 at 10:51am

Liked your interpretation shatara… we are puzzled not only when the the given time or money is endless but when it’s temporary or limited too..isn’t it…

• Sha'Tara

October 12, 2017 at 11:58am

Yes, and it seems that no matter how “certain” we become of whatever life’s outcome will be, we really are never certain. Certainty breeds contempt too, as witness those who are so sure about everything. I think “life” was designed or designed itself so there would be no certainty. Have you ever pondered the “riddle” of Schrodinger’s cat? I won’t write it out here since it’s easy to check up on it on Wikipedia. Worth looking at again. I think that your own “grey stage between the two” is a brilliant interpretation of the uncertainty principle. Great work, and in so few words… wow!

October 13, 2017 at 5:24pm

Yup, the particle wave duality…. it happens everywhere…. in fact I love to believe that we are also not an exception to that, say like our soul is the wave, it we could only see the particle or physical form of it…

October 13, 2017 at 5:24pm

Thanks for putting the schrondingers cat here…

2. anaghamurali

October 12, 2017 at 10:42am

Those aren’t crazy. They are thoughts that at times we forget to think. Or perhaps I act like I forgot to think.its wonderful….

October 12, 2017 at 10:49am

That I agree with you….some notions are knowingly forgotten..

3. kishanlakhotia

October 12, 2017 at 12:08pm

Giving up is not required. Enjoy every achievement without clinging as all the achievements and failure are impermanent. Clinging and aversion are the root cause of suffering.

October 13, 2017 at 5:17pm

Very much right….”why things should be taken too seriously, “ one must have that attitude

4. Feelings and Freedom

October 12, 2017 at 12:54pm

I believe we all are living in the grey area…trying to prove our worth..more to others than to ourselves. And I feel life’s good like that…extremes are generally extremes;)

5. boundlessblessingsblog

October 12, 2017 at 2:06pm

Beautiful words and thought to be thought about, Akhila. Choose to live or be a monk or live a human life. All great questions.

6. Moushmi Radhanpara

October 12, 2017 at 5:13pm

This was really thoughtful.
    But I have no idea what and how to respond to this, I mean I was the kind of person who would only see in black and white, but of late it is no more the case. Recently it has always been grey, trying to put it in black and white simply isn’t working for me anymore. So may be grey is the answer. We all just need to strive for our goals.

October 13, 2017 at 5:08pm

Thanks dear.. even though you were doubtful initially on what to respond here, your comments have risen up to a different level. Though I didn’t much think on the grey area, it just occurred to me towards the end of the post…

October 16, 2017 at 7:57pm

All good… between what does it mean mataindah…

• Mataindah

October 16, 2017 at 8:24pm

Mataindah – beautiful eyes in indonesian language .. aa vaaku inu gambeeryam ulathyi thoni angany chumma itatha. ;P

October 19, 2017 at 2:28pm

Athu kollallo…usharayikku…

• Mataindah

October 19, 2017 at 6:39pm

you have malabar kinda mallu slang ith evdey nin opichu?

October 23, 2017 at 1:59pm

Mallus nu ethu slang um vazhangum.. sheriyalle?

7. Tony Burgess

October 12, 2017 at 7:30pm

A full life does not mean having a full schedule or a full bank account or a full squad of friends. I think that the notion that more is better is a false one. Quality should win over quantity every time. Enjoy life under your own terms not by what others have said is best.

October 13, 2017 at 5:06pm

Thanks a lot for your brainy words. Yes living in authentic way, not to impress anyone is the best possible choice

8. Doctor Jonathan

October 12, 2017 at 7:54pm

It is for each person to decide the life they choose to live. For many (as you write) they will choose to exist rather than live. What an unfortunate waste of blessed opportunity.

October 13, 2017 at 5:03pm

I get you totally doctor. The point of living or merely existing depends on ones own choice…

• Doctor Jonathan

October 13, 2017 at 6:47pm

I appreciate that. Hopefully, more people in this world begin recognizing these two lifestyles and choose the one that truly satisfies their wants and needs.

9. Kurian

October 12, 2017 at 8:31pm

Wow, good question Akhila. If I can’t have one, I will look for a middle path

October 13, 2017 at 5:02pm

Hmm… that’s a better choice if there is one

10. D

October 12, 2017 at 11:43pm

I wonder which is best? To be born and die or not being born at all? I am terified about this, about dying some day. There are moments I wonder if it wouldn’t have been better if I wasn’t born at all? No pain, no suffering, nothing – just void. Today when I walk and do the little things I once ignored.. touching and feeling them… I can only thing that one day I will not be doing it anymore. This gift of life is limited but deep down inside I wish it would have been immortal. I absolutely loved your post!

October 13, 2017 at 5:02pm

Thank you so much for loving this post….in fact I am also in that wonder stage, perplexed which is better … but anyways I am born and alive now, so I need to live..and live guilt free as far as possible.

11. Ravi Sidula

October 12, 2017 at 11:49pm

Thats why i come to read ur posts :-). I wud prefer the first one madam. Life is to live and experience and laugh with those cherished memories and share happiness, joy and laughter with others.

October 13, 2017 at 4:59pm

Thanks Ravi… I also prefer the first one, but even then my second mind asks, “why all these”

12. Siddhartha Dua

October 13, 2017 at 12:24pm

Thought provoking and intense. Your writing inspires awe. What a brilliant writer your are. Checkout my posts as well . You might like some posts there.

October 13, 2017 at 5:45pm

Something went wrong while commenting in your posts….

• Siddhartha Dua

October 13, 2017 at 6:50pm

I don’t know. It happens all the time. There is some curse on my reader page. It is possessed.

13. Siddhartha Dua

October 13, 2017 at 6:52pm

The numbers of followers you have is more than the number of people who travel in Delhi metro daily.

• thewritewomanblog

October 23, 2017 at 4:39pm

I think so, neither are we sanyasees nor are we too thrilled and absolutely optimistic about life always and ready to let go