Either on the chest of the teacher or outside the field

“You need to make it to 30 plus to avail the discount”

And I ordered 30 copies hoping for a discount…I overlooked it to be 30 or more as the limit for discount….

………………..

“The venue is at Kottakkal Ayurveda college”

And she thought it to be Kottakal Aryavydyasala and reached at wrong place. Another instance of oversight or familiarity blindness

………………..

“Approximately 2 liters of water collected since yesterday morning”

And on hearing the same, he thought it to be since today morning, as it was already feeded into his brain

…………………..

With very few people only I have found that attitude to decode exactly what is heard or read. Many a times most people assume things in their favor or in the common way or according to what’s feeded in their brain already. Sometimes they don’t have a second thought at all to think it differently, just assume it’s like that only.

My decoding lies in a 50-50 margin ;). With each instance, I hope to improve next time though instances only keep on repeating. And sometimes it decodes the most common thing in the most strange way and thus making myself weird. The poor brain is dabbling in extremes “ Onnukil Aashante nenjath, allenkil Kalarikku purath.” ( Its a Malayalam proverb literally meaning “Throwing oneself either onto the chest of the teacher or outside the arena”)

You may also like...

One thought on “Either on the chest of the teacher or outside the field

1. Gastradamus

October 21, 2017 at 11:11am

It’s so nice of you to share discounts with the blogging world. I could really use your feedback on my new short called peekaboo. Please come on by and share your thoughts

October 23, 2017 at 2:11pm

Yeah…no right and left checks..just listening to what we want to..

2. Moushmi Radhanpara

October 21, 2017 at 5:50pm

I am not too good in the field of decoding either. So when I have been proved wrong more than once, I have started becoming extra cautious, only to be proved sometimes terribly paranoid.

3. jacquelineobyikocha

October 22, 2017 at 12:19am

I think people just hear what they’ve made up their minds to hear – a preconceived answer. Simple examples used to illustrate how we tend to decode information.

October 23, 2017 at 2:14pm

Some real life examples happened in the last week… it was fun to bring them under this same umbrella..

October 22, 2017 at 7:38pm

I totally agree, Akhi. Just few words and our mind deciphers the rest, blocking out the rest of the explanation or the sentence leaving us totally and completely misunderstood. If it is an argument, the first word is enough for the mind to understand all that is coming.

October 23, 2017 at 2:21pm

Very true from an argument perspective. As you said, on hearing even the first alphabet, the whole rest is deduced