She blamed “It’s your fault, but never mind”

A woman and her parents were there in the shop when I entered. Only one sales girl was there in the shop [obviously not a big shop]. So the girl asked me if I could wait till she completes with the other three [Thank God that she didn’t ignore to greet me!]. I agreed as they were almost done with the shopping. After a few minutes they left and the sales girl helped me to pick my items.

In the meantime another man entered the shop [who appeared to be a North Indian]. Again the sales girl asked me if I could wait for a few more minutes as the man enquired about just one thing. I didn’t deny as I thought it won’t take much time for him [though I felt it to be a little unfair as just billing and payment only was left for me].

Then the owner of the shop appeared. He started billing for me. In between there happened some confusion with the other man and the sales girl. He said like he asked for four meters of the same thing [I too felt so] and she said like he asked only three meters.  Then she said like “Sir, you asked for three meters only. That’s why I cut three meters. Still its okay, I can take another meter for you”

Actually, she didn’t own her mistake, more to that she was trying to convert it as a favor being offered for him. Even though it was her mistake, she was just transferring it upon his shoulders. This is not a single incident. These kinds of behaviors are nowadays so common in shops [not only in shops alone, but everywhere around us]. They just hide their mistakes and exchange it as a favor being offered.

Check for comments at https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/74475652 or http://wordsandnotion.com/

You may also like...

One thought on “She blamed “It’s your fault, but never mind”

November 26, 2017 at 12:20pm

True..its a common way of acting nowadays

1. mihrank

November 24, 2017 at 2:37pm

Your title is so powerful and very meaningful!!

2. Fab Writings

November 24, 2017 at 4:37pm

Of course, the title said it all. Knowing that this was a real incident is more hurtful that people hide their own faults by blaming someone else…

November 26, 2017 at 12:18pm

Thanks harsh.. Yeah they act to be smarter by just putting their mistakes on our shoulders Andrew then acting as offering a favour for us…i pity on such people

• Fab Writings

November 26, 2017 at 12:23pm

Yeah, that’s true Di.
        Nice to talk after so long… hope you’re fine and enjoying the weekend. 🙂

November 26, 2017 at 12:30pm

Yes my little friend..all good ..how about you..by the way did my posts appear in your reader as before and are you able to comment using wordpress reader itself

• Fab Writings

November 26, 2017 at 12:41pm

Yes Di, it’s all cool now… I can comment here itelf… and yeah, fortunately it appeared in the reader itself… 🙂

3. Ravi S

November 26, 2017 at 6:25pm

I agree and thoughtful post. Salesmen profession in India definitely needs a polish. It is unorganized. Many do not know how to behave unless escalated. Online marketing is a boon to many to avoid these kind of situation but yes it comes at the cost of employment but what is an employment if one doesn’t perform it being true to their soul.

November 28, 2017 at 1:57pm

I agree with you totally.. that’s why online shopping has become so popular too…

November 29, 2017 at 3:00pm

This is not limited to shops alone, but this sort of behavior exists everywhere simply because they don’t want to own up to mistakes. It is a sad reality.

November 29, 2017 at 8:56pm

Yes niths.. this attitude is seen everywhere around us…people just try to hide their mistakes and then put it others….what frustrates me more is their attempt to showcase it as a favour being offered