Waves

Emotional detachment.. Can it free you or paralyse you further?

You may also like...

One thought on “Waves

1. Sha'Tara

December 4, 2017 at 12:31pm

I can answer that one from experience: emotional detachment is the ultimate freedom from “the machine.” Just think: to be able to make all decisions from a logical, common sense approach to a problem, or situation unencumbered by emotional baggage attached to the event. It may seem “cold” but in actual fact it’s a much more efficient and effective approach.

December 5, 2017 at 12:46pm

I can understand what you are trying to convey and normally my brain win over my emotions…but there are times..you know where in I have no escape from this emotional dilemma

• Sha'Tara

December 6, 2017 at 8:18am

Yes, there are situations that won’t let you escape their emotional roll. We need to recognize these, and I suppose, let them play out for as short a period of time as possible, returning to a more rational approach. The point would be not to turn into stone and deny the emotion, but seek to get past it and take control again. A shriek at the discovery of a personal loss; a deep cry, even a crazy laugh at something we would “normally” disapprove of – these undoubtedly keep us human. It’s indulgence that is the problem, don’t you think?

December 6, 2017 at 5:16pm

Yup… I agree with you… some situations are unavoidable. But should not be tied to that..I am in a learning stage ….

• skd

December 7, 2017 at 6:09am

‘Winning over’ and ‘free from’ are two different things. If you are able detach, then you become ‘nothing’ and become ultimate blissful!

2. andysmerdon

December 6, 2017 at 2:25am

Sometimes, either. I guess it depends how emotionally attached you are to the situation/person 🙂

3. Tikeetha T

December 6, 2017 at 2:47am

I think it depends. I’ve emotionally detached myself from a situation and felt as though a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

December 6, 2017 at 5:17pm

Thanks tikeetha. Once you overcome the same, you would be as free as a dandelion flower…

December 6, 2017 at 5:11pm

Hmmm… then what? Where will it take you after emotional detachment

• Moushmi Radhanpara

December 8, 2017 at 4:13pm

It is more like love, or any other feeling.
        You have it and you are not satisfied, and you don’t have it and yet you are not satisfied. If you are emotionally detached, you have no feelings altogether, but if you are emotionally attached, you are too attached and you can never let go of those feelings.
        You lose any way in love, you lose here too.

December 6, 2017 at 6:41pm

Emotionally detached, you are free to see the same situation from an outsider’s point of view. You can see the same situation in a more rational, unbiased and yet logical manner, but you will not be favoring anyone – not even yourself.