Realities and conclusions or Imaginations and conclusions?

Some brains need all the facts or realities to arrive at some conclusions. So most probably their conclusions would be perfectly fitting with the case. But they have only one perception, only one source for everything.

Whereas there are some others who work upon their imaginations [obviously not any fancy imaginations, but logical imaginations only] and arrive at conclusions. They could alter the world around them with varying perceptions always…

What’s your state on this?

One thought on “Realities and conclusions or Imaginations and conclusions?

1. Sha'Tara

December 14, 2017 at 11:37am

That’s a deeper question than seemed at first. Without dragging it down into “sordid” details, I will say that I fully agree with you. It’s just that I call it programming, and breaking out of programming. Personally I like to propose solutions to the greater problems that plague mankind and this world, always proposing we do something we’ve never tried before. For example I like to “propose” that we all wake up tomorrow morning with nothing but compassion for one-another. We don’t talk about it, write books or form committees about it, we just do it because it is the most logical, common sense thing we can think of to do. Most people (the majority world-wide) seem to exist at a shallow surface level of thought, generally feeding on what they are being fed via the media, their education system or their religion. They’re not happy, fulfilled or joyful… but they are satisfied, as in, “It’s good enough for us.” Then there are those for who it is never good enough; who can “see” improvement and who know improvement is needed, your “obviously not any fancy imaginations, but logical imaginations” people. These dreamers or visionaries are not the ones being listened to. Not unless those already in control can take their idea and use it to make themselves richer or more powerful.

December 15, 2017 at 5:29pm

Thanks a lot shatara for bringing in a sound reply explaining my short post…. I fact our senses has a lot to tell us if we are patient enough to pay attention…and mostly what I have seen is , the first category of people never pay full attention to their senses, they have got some pre conditions or the programmed thoughts as in your language and arrive at some conclusions… whereas the dreamers have all their 5 senses plus some sixth sense sharpened to catch even the low frequency waves around them….

• Sha'Tara

December 16, 2017 at 6:31am

When you put it that way, I could literally point the finger at some people I know and say, “1st category… 2nd category!!!”

• paulliverstravels

December 15, 2017 at 5:54pm

My take away from Buddhism was that understanding leads to compassion and compassion leads to wanting to understand, the perfect virtuous cycle.

• Sha'Tara

December 16, 2017 at 6:28am

That’s a great piece of philosophy. Certainly compassion cannot manifest where there is no understanding and what good is understanding without compassion? So, I would say, a wise person makes her life’s goal to be a compassionate being, setting the virtuous cycle in motion for herself: the life-sustaining Ouroboros. For a description of Ouroboros, here’s a possible link: https://www.tokenrock.com/explain-ouroboros-70.html

2. Feelings and Freedom

December 14, 2017 at 3:37pm

Hmm…interesting question. I guess I’m the first type…I like to take stock of the facts becoming arriving at any conclusions 🙂

• Feelings and Freedom

December 15, 2017 at 5:42pm

Ha ha… no Akhila. I am not..but I am from commerce background, an ex -banker so I like to appreciate facts 😉

3. the_aestheticspirit

December 15, 2017 at 1:07pm

I think I agree with you on this because people imagining and concluding are mostly far sighted. They think beyond the horizons whereas the people concluding on the basis of facts and realities can think like a lawyer who has a limited access to the extent of thinking And concluding. I guess I am the second type , the reason is I am more tilted to know things that can be happening after I conclude and to have a hold of it. I am more interested on catching smaller problems which I can clearly see can lead to bigger ones or are in the process of leading bigger ones. There is always more to know and a need to more to do. That is logical. But these type of people I have seen are criticised or not paid attention. This is one important place to look upon.

December 15, 2017 at 5:21pm

True that.. the second category of people are often misunderstood or criticized… but they don’t care actually on what others think..isn’t it

• the_aestheticspirit

December 15, 2017 at 7:49pm

Exactly.. they are seen having a world of their own and least pay attention to things. Still they have beautiful minds! I love listening to such kind of people:)

4. paulliverstravels

December 15, 2017 at 5:57pm

We never have all the facts, we just let facts accumulate in our brains until a tipping point is reached and we call that good enough. Sometimes I look back and think that my life has been more influenced by mistakes that seemed like good ideas at the time than my right decisions, but in both cases I thought I had enough facts to make a decision. It’s probably because right decisions have kept my life on course, but a big enough mistake can jolt life onto a new course.

December 22, 2017 at 5:07pm

But still, when we decide it’s good enough, we are missing something big..isn’t it

5. Ravi

December 16, 2017 at 11:02pm

I play both the roles depending upon the situation involved. I prefer to be in the second state of shoes though.

January 2, 2018 at 9:18am

It is situation dependent, Akhi. Well, mostly the second type though. More of practicality but with enough of imagination too