What’s the worst that could happen?

By | December 19, 2017

I donno why most of the time, people super glues their lips together as if opening their mouth to enquire something is injurious to health and arrive at their own conclusions and cast aspersions on others. And neither will they alter their viewpoints nor try to understand the realities. Mostly it all results from some senseless miscalculations.

Why can’t they just ask instead of simply deducting their own inferences?

Never can they read the language of the painful heart attacked by their poisonous smears.

How long to wait for the dust of misunderstandings to settle down? Worrying is normal as it’s encoded in our DNA and we all do the same at some points in life.

But its better if we can set aside a scheduled worry period in a day and push all the worries interrupting your path to the planned time. I am not joking, it really works out actually. That’s in a way we are controlling the worries by postponing it and as time is the best healer, the intensity of the worries would definitely be reduced when we take it at a later time.

Yesterday while reading a book by Madhavikkutti, I came across this “Nothing is perpetual, neither the grief nor the loneliness. So why should I worry on these transient things?”

She is right, it’s always better not to wait for the dust of misunderstandings to settle down. Let it on its own when it wants as nothing can last forever.

Stop holding on as everything is transient.  When the venomous spear of worries attempts to break you down, just ask yourself, “What’s the worst that could happen?

22 thoughts on “What’s the worst that could happen?

1. Sha'Tara

In keeping with this thought, the more advanced entities recommend living a life of detachment. The more one claims the personal freedom that comes from detachment (please: not to be confused with abandonment, or not caring!) the less one has to deal with worry of any kind. Indeed, consider the worst that could happen and work back from there. One more thing, keeping with the subject, how does what I am worrying about compare with the troubles of so many who would think my worries were a relief from their own? That of course means learning to live compassionately and with empathy. When I encounter a point of worry I stop myself right then and examine that thing for what it is. I give it its due, then detach from it, letting it go away from me. Then I carry on, refocused. And I believe that is what you are saying… O wise one! (Not being sarcastic here either, but serious.)

2. kishanlakhotia

Both pleasent and unpleasent situations are the fillings of human mind and in reality are impermanent. By practice we would be able to accept both of them ‘ As the way they are.’ As a reasult it would not be difficul to practice the path of let go of all the favourable and unfavourable conditions.

I agree with you…the success in mastering the art of letting go lies in practice

1. kishanlakhotia

This practice is to be done in totality each & every moment and in respect of all of the favourable or unfavourable conditions.

3. Feelings and Freedom

Beautiful thought process..I liked your idea of pushing the worries to a scheduled hour though not sure how practical it is but yes certainly worth trying. Great post Akhila.

Thank you vandana.. scheduled worry period won’t be practical in all cases..exceptions would be there obviously…but most of the times it becomes successful…give a try and let me know dear if it works out or not..
      and one more thing, it’s okay if you wish to focus on your worries for five or ten minutes, and then if it goes beyond push it to the scheduled period..

4. kishanlakhotia

Vandana,
    Thanks for comments. Actually worry or pleasure both are feelings of mind. By doing the practice of witnessing both of them ‘As the way they are’, we will certainly be able to enjoy both of them without any tendency of clinging or pussing away.

5. Lathiya

I do strongly believe that everything happens for a reason…but sometimes we fail to recognize that till we are aware of that reason.

6. Akanksha

Keeping worries aside is good solution.. But grief is very different… But We can never club it with any other form of depression, disappointment and worry. I am unable to agree with – – “Nothing is perpetual, neither the grief nor the loneliness.” For now I feel as if my grief is permanent… And responding this blog title… The worst that can happen is when a near and dear one.. Embarks on a new journey… Leaving you and this earth behind..

Hmm.. I understand..probably that’s why I have added that last line “I know there are times where in letting go of is never easy. But everything happens for a reason…”

A scheduled ‘worry period’ or a worry hour. Wow! I like that. The rest of the day we will be cheery, happy and full of joy. Only you can think of something interesting as this, Akhi. The worry period will sure help us think, reflect and may be even find a solution to our worry so that we will look forward to a new worry the next worry hour is it not?

Yes nitha, those are words from my experienced heart.. it definitely works in most of the cases… it’s a recent experiment I have adopted. Hope you know what I meant by recent.