Sense of belonging

The sense of belonging to someone..

Does it really matters?

One thought on “Sense of belonging

1. Sha'Tara

January 18, 2018 at 11:59am

You come up with the most mind-boggling questions, Akhila – you’re a fantastic teacher!!! Now, “the sense of belonging to someone, does it really matter?”

I think that we were made or created to give ourselves completely to something, or someone. That is DNA programming. It is what makes us human, I think. From this we develop a spiritual path of either good or evil and that is a choice. Long ago I desperately wanted to belong, body and soul, to someone. When I was a child, that someone was God. Then it became a lover. When that failed, over and over, I returned to God again. Christian and Catholic, it was actually Jesus and the Virgin Mary. These I loved and worshipped. Then I encountered “the Teachers” and through their extensive lessons I weaned myself from these Earth “idols” and discovered something much more real to give myself to. Not a spirit, not a human, but a concept. I needed to belong, so I threw myself into compassion as a way of life and an eternal purpose. It’s a passion now. Deeper than any other “love” I’ve ever experienced. This guarantees that I will walk a purposeful, giving, caring, supporting life of service to others, that is, to life. It guarantees that I will never again cause harm, hurt or pain to another (human or not) deliberately or consciously. It guarantees I will never be confused again as to who I am and why I exist.

So, to properly answer your question, I believe that we have an existential (can I use that word here???) need to belong, and it definitely matters a great deal who, or what, we give ourselves to. But once we’ve given it, it has to be utter and complete, never ever looking back on it. Doubts become poison now… My simplistic philosophy.

Thank you for such a deep and challenging question.

January 19, 2018 at 10:56am

Thanks shatara… I read and re-read it , “doubts become poison “… It’s very true…

2. Bikramjit

January 18, 2018 at 12:49pm

Yes i so think it matters.. otherwise it will be a lonely life

Who we want to belong and who we end up belonging to may be different but neverthless that feeling of belonging is a good feeling…

Good question but what are yoir thoughts…

January 19, 2018 at 11:01am

You are absolutely right bikram… I too live in that sense of belonging.. Was thinking aloud like what if possesiveness or selfishness or conditions spoil the charm of that sense of belonging

3. the_aestheticspirit

January 18, 2018 at 8:19pm

I guess it does because we are humans. There are many who do not have this but still there is a piece in heart that craves. Maybe this is something we โ€œneedโ€. Else for me it matters:) what about you?

4. Ipuna Black

January 19, 2018 at 10:10am

Happy New Year, Akhila! Your posts are thought provoking for sure!

January 19, 2018 at 11:03am

Thank you ipuna… Wish you too a wonderful new year

5. jacquelineobyikocha

January 20, 2018 at 9:17am

I believe does matter ‘cos we are all social beings even if our circle of those we belong with is a small one.

January 20, 2018 at 4:23pm

Hmm.. True that…we can not live in the absence of sense of belonging to someone

6. Ravi S

January 20, 2018 at 12:18pm

Well, i must say that its all about spending time with the individual and knowing that there is someone to look up to and having a purpose to live along with the other. Sometimes one may get bored spending too much time with self and need a break to spend time with the other half

7. crashingstone

January 21, 2018 at 9:37pm

Well depends on why you blog in the first place.. The sensibilities keep changing over the time I guess!