Unlocking the secrets behind a seductive smile

She took a long hot bath. The heavenly smell of rose water spread all across the apartment. I was impatiently waiting for her in front of the dressing table. I want her to be wholly mine before she puts on any powder and paint.  Even the carpet was waiting for her to come out, to feel her wet foot.

Finally, the princess opened the door slowly. She was damn beautiful in that smooth silky gown. She smiled at me. Oh, how can I resist her seductive looks? Still I just pretended as if I was looking out of the balcony window.. She came to me with that naughty smile, hugged me so tightly, that I couldn’t even breathe. Then…

…..

Then she put me on her face. She wanted me with her always. No one can take their eyes off her ‘masked’ face. Yes, I am the MASK who protects you from being hurt or rejected.

Let me say Honesty is the best policy, which is true. But what if someone feels exhausted living in an authentic way.. Ah! , is that possible..? Maybe that’s why people start to wear me to hide their identity and finally forget who they were actually. I am the sign of your weakness. Think twice before you put me on

The author is a Quality Analyst by experience. Part Quantitative data analyst, part consultant for quality and information security practices, part software tester, she is a writer by passion and blogs at https://wordsandnotion.com and https://qualitynotion.com/.

One thought on “Unlocking the secrets behind a seductive smile

1. unsaid words

March 2, 2017 at 9:58am

Sometimes we put on so many different masks on different times that we tend to forget our original self.

March 2, 2017 at 11:30am

Yes Ami, exactly that is the point.. and on a long run, we reach a state where we couldn’t even act any more..

2. shreyans

March 2, 2017 at 11:04am

wow..it was really very seductive in the start..and then what a twist.
    shreyans

3. boundlessblessingsblog

March 2, 2017 at 11:32am

Hmm very seductive Akhila and yes definitely there are times we get totally fed up with masks and masks and feel like being our true self. Great way of writing.

March 2, 2017 at 11:35am

Thanks a lot. Whatever we do masks can never replace the self.. isn’t.. but without realizing it we play with masks entire life

• boundlessblessingsblog

March 2, 2017 at 11:37am

Yes absolutely true Akhila and for how many years and for what and then we suffer in return so be the person you want to and enjoy and make others happy. Happy day to you dear.

4. Vinayak Gupta

March 2, 2017 at 8:03pm

hahah Nice twist… BUt u know na..
    SOmetimes its not the people who change, sometimes its just the mask that falls off… 🙁

5. lizalizaskysaregrey

March 2, 2017 at 11:32pm

Fabulous Akhila, I love this post, so seductive and so true. Love that even the carpet was waiting!

March 3, 2017 at 9:51am

Thanks Liza.. I just added that carpet to make it spicy, and more over it indicates the craziness of people..

6. Meenakshi Sethi

March 3, 2017 at 3:35am

What a thought! Hats off for such a description of the mask everyone is hiding behind…

7. Infinite Living

March 3, 2017 at 5:44am

This was a brilliant one! I like the question you ask …does anyone get tired of being authentic? …

March 3, 2017 at 10:16am

Thanks dear.. I was just being sarcastic with that question

March 7, 2017 at 10:41am

Actually I was checking with you, whether you purchased your wordpress domain

• Infinite Living

March 7, 2017 at 11:51pm

No I did not. I am using their basic plan since the beginning. Is their something specific you would like to know regarding that?

March 8, 2017 at 9:52am

Oh.. but I wonder as I cannot see that.wordpress.com extension in your web link..

• Infinite Living

March 8, 2017 at 11:33pm

Oh …now I know what you mean …I have actually purchased a domain from godaddy and directed there from wordpress.

March 9, 2017 at 9:45pm

Ok..so you started in a purchased domain only.. so you haven’t done that exporting thing

8. Dr Ambu R.Nair

March 3, 2017 at 7:09am

But, on stage, masks give the people authenticity of characters…where, unlocking the secret kills its pleasure and spoils its authenticity…

March 3, 2017 at 10:25am

Yes..in stage we only expect them to act.. then mask is a part of them actually.. but its not the real life

9. Moushmi Radhanpara

March 3, 2017 at 12:35pm

Just a brilliant concept,
    We have all adapted and put this mask on to stay away from our weaknesses and the world’s rejection.

March 3, 2017 at 8:39pm

Yes moushmi..that mask has become a part of our life…

March 6, 2017 at 9:13am

Ha, a nice twist to that ‘beauty’ story, Akhi! I had to read and re-read it ( dim-witted me! ;))
    We all wear it at some point in time. Are they the experiences in life that force you to put up the mask or is it simply the comfort of being an enigma to the ruthless world?
    I see a little child, so very carefree with emotions, thoughts, and ideas flowing freely. But they grow and pick it up too and that is when the charm and beauty of childhood simply vanishes!

March 6, 2017 at 4:55pm

You said it right.. why the kid can’t be kid anymore.. why does live quitting all those innocence…

• thewritewomanblog

March 6, 2017 at 6:09pm

Because we teach him to be just that! Wearing is mask is what is to increase the person’s social quotient and appear just right before society!

12. novelistbaba

March 6, 2017 at 10:14pm

honesty could be a mask sometimes………..irony indeed. 🙂 🙂

13. AojhalJunaid

March 14, 2017 at 10:31pm

As it is said that give him a mask,and he will be his true self…
    Waisay, ,,it was a pleasant post!!

March 15, 2017 at 9:48am

You mean, negatives cancelling each other. Thanks for being here

March 6, 2018 at 3:53pm

Thank you.. hope you reached the ending part too

• apassersby

March 6, 2018 at 3:58pm

I am trying but it’s an ever ending start to the next level

March 6, 2018 at 3:59pm

Next level of unmasked appearance in all ways

• apassersby

March 6, 2018 at 4:01pm

haha..very confusing wearing mask..unmasked state or birth may be 🙂 been long written any love poem…let me read some from yours and inspired..any new today?

March 6, 2018 at 4:09pm

Earlier I used to post in the mornings… now shifted to evening zone…so one is scheduled for 6 pm..but not any love poems

14. utahan15

March 2, 2018 at 6:19pm

play me
    stay with me
    haunt me not
    return
    to sender
    an ending
    to your soiree!

March 6, 2018 at 5:29pm

By the way are comments disabled in your posts..?

March 2, 2018 at 9:30pm

I have read this one, Akhi. It had so much meaning to it that I had let those words remain with me. Am I right?

March 6, 2018 at 3:45pm

yes, dear..it’s old post.. I just reposted it..

16. the_aestheticspirit

March 2, 2018 at 10:00pm

Yes masking causes exhaustion. In case the mask is worn before the world that becomes the “me” factor forever even after realising it was a mask. Sometimes it can never be removed of the fear of losing the earned reputation. Our body and our soul loses the joy and touch of the realsitic self. A very out of the box thing and how it lead me to ponder about myself for a minute. Specially how the title itself can be interpreted in various ways, is amazing. I had a rememberence of Shakesphere book-tales of Shakesphere and it greatly deals with masked faces in with real masks and how it spoils things in the between and the end.
    Thankyou for sharing!

March 6, 2018 at 3:42pm

thanks a lot for the kind words dear. i know the title was slightly spicy.. just added it for an effect, a masked title in a way.

• the_aestheticspirit

March 6, 2018 at 9:03pm

Your welcome! And yes it was spicy as well as perfect and the little twist in the end was sure to ponder upon!

17. Ravi S

March 3, 2018 at 12:06pm

I couldn’t quite follow the last lines. Is he pretending behind the mask?

March 6, 2018 at 3:44pm

Last lines as the advice from the mask [ assume mask is talking to you, “I” in the post is mask].
      The girl’s “hot look” was all due to the mask. She was pretending behind the mask

• Ravi S

March 7, 2018 at 12:18am

Oh i read it again from that perspective. Wow its really amazing and beautifully penned out. Had such deep meaning. Lovely. But many would love seeing the mask which would force the person to wear the mask. If true beauty was appreciated then the need of mask would never arise. Beautiful piece Akhila….

March 7, 2018 at 3:18pm

Thanks Ravi.. happy that you took time to check with me on the same and read it again.. and scope for improvement for me too to make it much more reader friendly