Are you happy?

“What do you want to be, a doctor, engineer or a teacher like me? “

Mahitha answered “I want to be happy”

This is short dialogue from the malayalam movie “Vismayam”

To be happy” – That’s what we all want from the bottom of our heart. But is that really appreciated or taken care while ensuring to outdo always?

I am happy to be called as a busybee and yes, I am. But thinking aloud “Is that what I really wanted?”

Maybe Yes.

But won’t I miss the fun of idle moments..? So recently I started to feed this into my brain,

“Do everything that makes you happy as long as it’s not a severe damage for some other.

And have time “to do nothing” and enjoy the fun of idleness.”

The author is a Quality Assurance professional by experience. Part Quantitative data analyst, part consultant for quality and information security practices, part software tester, she is a writer by passion and blogs at and

One thought on “Are you happy?

1. Moushmi Radhanpara

March 7, 2018 at 8:02pm

Time and again, I ask myself this very question, and time and again the answer wavers.
    Long and short of it, I try my best to do what keeps me happy, if that doesn’t hurt others.

March 10, 2018 at 10:07pm

Yeah.. as long as our happiness is not appearing to be a burden for some other let us cheer ourselves…how are you moushmi…seems after a long time..

2. Crystalamay

March 8, 2018 at 10:09am

Akhila I would like to know about monetization of blog but I am totally clueless of how to do it,is thr any way I could contact u to get the info?

March 10, 2018 at 10:09pm

You can meet me in Twitter @akhila.ek… by the way I am also a learner in monetizing aspects…

March 15, 2018 at 10:13pm

Yes! That is what one child said recently when I went to give that talk at school. Free time is like a charger that will boost and revitalize you. At the same time, we need to understand that we should get back to work once done.

March 16, 2018 at 5:23pm

Recently I started to feel that I have missed that free time..I was thinking like being engaged always makes me happy.. that’s true..even then I started to ask myself why should I be like that?

• thewritewomanblog

March 19, 2018 at 8:31am

I agree, Akhi. We are similar where that is concerned. I feel good when I accomplish something and sometimes reward myself too but that reward will be something to do with my next job on the list. Somehow the list never ceases or I suppose, I never want it to cease. As much as I like to relax and take it easy, I worry about a time when I would be left with nothing to do.