When I joined the IT industry, had so many butterfly dreams as many others.. .
Getting a word of appreciation, being motivated, showing a mark of uniqueness etc , etc.. the list goes on.
My dreams were built upon my motto. And no doubt, that I was pretty happy even under my tight schedule and work pressure. But later on, experiences proved that my motto was not adequate in a professional world. It lacked a BUSINESS EYE.
Let me share a few lessons which I experienced. I am quite sure that whatever may be the profession, a business eye is the most essential thing required.
- Give and Take policy : When you offer ‘x’ to someone today, ensure that you get 2X tomorrow
- Never allow others to take your shoe until you get a better one.
- Understand that Managers are always “Managers”. Every manager will have a business eye upon your talents. With a few inspiring words, a manager could easily convert you talents to profit. Ensure you also get your share of profit. If you believe your managers blindly, you are lost.
- Do protest when you are sure of positive results. Otherwise quietly quit.
- The last, but the most important is ‘why don’t you think about becoming your own boss’.. Be an entrepreneur..