Plans made for studying never work.. Isn't it?

By | June 21, 2016

Few days back Mrudula asked me “Plans made for studying never work.. Isn’t it? “

What will you answer her?

Isn’t it a clock or a time table coming to our mind whenever we think about planning?

Is that enough for planning..? Are you focused on time planning ..? ( splitting the tasks on a timely mode)

Recently I read some interview of an IAS candidate. He was telling like never did he cut down his lessons as the planned time is over. He worked over night to meet the deadlines and completed his studies without compromising the quality of his studies.

He had a great point there.

Have your goals fixed in both time domain as well as in quality domain, have intermittent targets, work hard. That’s it.

55 thoughts on “Plans made for studying never work.. Isn't it?

1. Kishan Thakar

easier said than done. If academic books are as interesting as novels than it could be done before time limits but academic books’re pretty lame.

2. pins & ashes

plan micro targets.. macro never ever works.. like what you want to finish by say 10:30 (it is 9:25 now).. it adds up. morning Akhila ..

macro will definitely work Ash, if one have that passion, powered by a strong work ethic….

Thank you sakthi..you are absolutely correct.. if there is no dedication, every planning is going to be in vain

often we plan , like, I need to finish this by noon before 1 PM .. we may stop the work by 1 pm. but whether we did in the best way..? that question should be asked oneself and act accordingly..

1. pins & ashes

That’s like too many Questions no.. Mm instead of say 1, take longer and do the best ..:)

ha ha…yes.. there are many questions to be asked..

yeah.. may be.. but you know.. sometimes we split the tasks as the best possible units and work..but in a long run forgetting the long term mission..

yes Aswathy.. of course such materialistic goals might work as you explained.. But all of us have long term goals na, it can not be physically explained..

thanks dear..life purpose vary from people from people .. the path also might be different..ultimate results through the right path matters the most..

1. pins & ashes

All that agreed! It all boils down to perspective.. 🙂 how we go about it and achieve it. Customized for each, acc to individual comfort!

1. shilpamohan5

as “kishan” bai mentioned,it wld b easy for novels.but when it comes to academic books,boring dominates over planning and executing 🙂

yes, I know.. how the academic books and our educational system is making us bored..but as long as we cannot expect any change in this traditional system we need to have our own ways..dear, definitely there is a way..I am telling this with full confident as I am experiencing the same..

1. shilpamohan5

yeah..that’s true..we should definitely find a way.lot f positive energy in your words..thnks dear.. 🙂

5. theonlysup

im too late to comment over here ..the main reason why people find it difficult to adhere to timelines is “Distractions”
    i did everything to avoid unnecessary distractions .. yeah focus in also important or break the huge task into sub modules and try..

thanks Suprith.. Distractions are mainly social media itself, right..today i didn’t check my mobile or anything else till noon..it was difficult.. but forcefully done..I know it is not a big thing, not even an accountable thing.. but felt satisfied..

1. theonlysup

well if people are too addictive to smartphones , FB probably they should celebrate no FB day or no whatsapp day once in a week atleast 😉
        well i should not be too critic about it but then its not what you plan..its about actions.. have you heard this ?–> “ideationwithout execution is just a delusion ”

yes.. it is about actions..I haven’t heard that.. it is wise thought…

ha.. it is the great truth.. no doubt, there are many like you including me.. and yes, procrastination is the biggest enemy..

7. Mrudula

That’s a great piece of advice.☺ But even I agree that it is a bit more difficult in practice.. As you have mentioned, dedication can help us overcome this.
    Parallely, I feel a small thought at the back of our mind about ‘next time’ is enough to distract us..

next time, you mean postponing the tasks…yes..whenever we think about ‘tomorrow’ instead of doing it today itself, tasks are going to be out of control..

8. Shalini

So motivational Akhila ! Since am studying, it’s more useful for me as i get distracted easily. Thanks 🙂

I am glad with your comments dear..So come on , have your target set with a proper plan and a dedicated mind..

1. Shalini

I make plans but at times it’s tough to continue with them, when i have less motivation. That’s why i took daily a to z challenge with theme Motivation 🙂

9. fairykumar

Absolutely right… As always! Whenever I am in a fuss, first thing I do is to make a neat and tidy time table. It something takes time to follow it but once I get a hang of it…✌✌It’s also said that we can develop a new habit in fifteen days.

1. fairykumar

This was my problem too after my exams got over and I joined my swimming classes and that’s the reason behind my post, ” Priorities Matter”!

10. Jackie Jain

Exams the name is enough, the time starts working quickly than expected. So it is important to balance both time and also quality of reading. Once we find the balance it is easy to grasp the content. Actually the problem is we read just for the exams. In this way our mind is concentrated on exams rather than the actual content and subject. Thus we don’t grasp the total content of topic and in exams a little twist we feel like a large turn. .
    That idea of IAS student is awesome. Thanks for sharing Akhila. . Have a good time. . 🙂

Thanks a lot Jackie..You have a great point..when we focus merely on exams, the real purpose of education is lost. and fortunately it is not realized untill we are grown ups.

1. Jackie Jain

Yes that’s true. We realize that only when we are grown ups. So Sad that.

Happy weekend Akhila. . 🙂