Comment Spam

By | May 27, 2017

Recently the spam issue started all over again (hence this repost)..akismet is doing a great job in filtering the spam comments and at the same time, they are filtering many of us too☹️

So get ready with all your weapons to fight against this…

——-

Do you have the habit of checking your spam folder frequently..?

If not, please go to your wordpress admin and check the spam comments..please don’t be surprised on seeing so many genuine comments caught by Akismet, the comment spam filter..

So first of all, access your admin area. It can be accessed by visiting the wp-admin directory in your web browser. Example: http://www.example.com/wp-admin/. Or click on the wordpress icon in mobile app, scroll down , and now take “View Admin”.

On entering your admin area, just take the comments where you can access your spam section.

Unspam the required ones.

After two or three times, naturally those comments from the same blogger will be unspammed by Akismet.

Please do this on a frequent mode so that you wont miss to read from your lovely readers..

Thinking why this post, now.. Atleast a few of you will be knowing the reason as I am one of your favorites in the spam folder…

70 thoughts on “Comment Spam

1. Sha'Tara

Thank you. I “finally” found my way to what appears to be the spam folder and all the comments in there were NOT SPAM. What was even more surprising is that all the people who left comments were regular people whose comments I had been receiving normally until now. What a stupid system.

yes Shatara, it is really stupid to have the comments of regular readers in spam folder..and i am glad that you could retrieve them now..

2. andysmerdon

Thanks Akhila – I didn’t know how to access the spam folder and you are correct – there were comments which were not spam 🙂

ya, infact it was manageable till a few months back.. but recently many of my comments are spammed .. it’s really very sad..

ya.. infact Akismet was almost perfect till a few months back.. but recently something went wrong..

4. PriyaPandian

Thanks for sharing Akhila. Checked my spam folder After going through your post. There were comments of frequent readers. Just now retrieved it. Thank you once again 🙂

5. vishal4u

I am using WordPress app in my Android phone, but could not access my spam folder on it. Can you please tell it in detail??

Did you try this..”click on the wordpress icon in mobile app, scroll down , and now take “View Admin”.
      Unspam the required ones.”

6. Sweta Ojha

Hi there! thank you so so much for this information. I’ve lost about 169 comments due to the spam check. I restored a few that included your comments too. This is a very helpful post. Thanks a ton for sharing. 🙂

hmm…infact Akismet is doing a good job..they never allow the real spam comments to appear before moderation..but recently they are filtering the genuine comments too.. that’s a bit desperate thing

1. Mick Canning

I suppose it must be something to do with the way their algorithms work. I do make a point of checking the spam folder every day or two, to see if there’s anything there that shouldn’t be.

7. elaine

yes Akhila, it has become a necessity to check the spam since many of the valuable comments happened to be waiting in spam. As always i appreciate u for posting a small topic yet which is significant 🙂

1. elaine

haha….i recently read a thank you post on whatsapp stating that ” when any political murder happens, loss is only for the victim’s family as well as the culprit’s family. For rest of the society harthal is a day of joy for being relieved from schools, offices and perfectly to be at home

Ah.. the way we are tuned to.. but above to that personally i am against these hartals..the very nature of our people to protest whenever there comes a change..

8. Meenakshi Sethi

I always go there after I found your and one other friends valuable comments there. Thanks for sharing this post. Many still don’t know.

9. Sha'Tara

It’s your magnetic personality, they want to keep you all to themselves in there for private parties, you know…

10. doodlessworld

Yes. Definitely. I always miss out your comments mam because they go to spam folder. I will check on a regular basis now 🙂

11. Pingback: Spams are no longer in love with me | Words and Notion

Yeah.. in fact nowadays I cannot even check my spam, that much it’s crowded with real spam comments..wondering why it’s not automatically filtered out..so I am deleting it altogether…might be missing genuine ones too..