Not excited by Pleasant Things?

By | June 15, 2017

electron

No fun with tales?
No worry on horrors?
No interest in new things/places/persons?
No expression on shocks?

Reflex action is built-in nature of any living creature. Won’t it be a little bit awkward, if we cannot be excited by some extremely good positive things and cannot enjoy the moment, as others do ?

But don’t worry, if your answers to the above questions are “no”.

There are people who rarely express their feelings. It doesn’t mean that they don’t realise the goodness/badness of the situation. Maybe they are actually not driven by emotions. It is good in one sense as they can take logical decisions, driven by their brain and not by emotions.

53 thoughts on “Not excited by Pleasant Things?

1. Di

Doesnt that sound a bit too boring to be! you should not be driven by emotions; but in a social setup, it is imperative that you share them; atleast in moderation.

2. 2ndhalfolife

It does seem people are more right brained. I took a personality test online last year. It was very interesting to see where I fell. It explained so much about my personality!

3. Worlds Biggest Fridge Magnet

I try to remain laid back and non plussed by as much as I can. Few things get me excited as I try to be more measured. However, it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy these things……
    We must all enjoy things if we want to live…..

hmm.. that’s a good view. If we are enjoying too much on good things, how could we control bad things..

4. anaghamurali

.I always come up with the answer not interested,…..may be its because I fall into the category u explained before…

good..I know that your answer is not the reflection of inactivity. But it shows the power of a controlled mind

1. Sudhir Suvarna

Indeed. There is much more you can express in writing than face to face, unless you are good at facial expression and body language.

Good to know that sayar. So do you come under that neutral category

5. blindloveweb

Grt,I know some people are driven by brain not by emitions but I dont like those people to deal with…neither I can guess how life cd be without emotions!!! Lovely post to ponder…

Hm.. they are..but need not be always…I believe there would be something which could excite them, otherwise how can they still be humans..

7. Colors of my life

My own personal life is, I stop taking care of what is around, I lost so many colors that color itself fades at my end!

So finding colors of life is like what you have mentioned, is that they don’t have emotion. At my end, it’s adding colors to color!

8. Moushmi Radhanpara

People tend to take these people to be emotionless, but they hardly know that deep down they aren’t stone-hearted, they feel too!

Between read your theatre of life.. Well written.. You have disabled commenting, no..?

Yeah..left brained people…need to research a little more on that..thanks for bringing in the brain point..

9. ankitabardhan

I guess I am an emotionally driven person but yes sometimes depending where I am, people I am with, I do hold myself back and try to be logical about the situation.
    xx

It’s nice way ankita.. as long as you have the hold on your emotions, nothing to be worried

10. Shweta Suresh

Inghaneyum aalkar kaanumo! Nirvikaram sthayi bhavam aayitt ollavar… Decision makingnu air cheyyum but I think it’ll seriously affect their social interaction..

No shweta… they don’t mind if you interact with them or not.. they are totally in a different level

11. crystalamayy

Im totally driven by emotions by all bad consequences I realised that practical is the way.wat abt u?

12. Amal Suresh

Thats true to some extent. I used to feel less connected to emotions. And smtyms it did help me in making proper decisions. Smtyms it just didn’t. So m still wondering how it works.